hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

Difference wil bring in attention!
If they stare, I’d rather them come to me and say “hey I like your tattoo” or “your tattoos its amazing” etc… but either way I like the attention

FoxTattooDesigns
Participant
@foxtattoodesigns

It happens to me the odd time, especially with my shirt off (I have an award-winning Fox tattoo on my back). But my wife on the otherhand, has people stop her all the time to check out the sleeve I did on her. Men just stare, maybe clarify that they think the tattoo is cool before I start the jealous husband bit. Women tend to stop her, sometimes actually reaching out and grabbing her arm, so they can get a better look at it. She used to be upset by it, because people are not exactly courteous about it, now she’s just use to it. Works as great advertisement for me. A friend has the same problem with a couple of the tattoos I did for him. To his advantage I guess since a girl he was interested in practically tore the shirt off of his back to see one of them. Another girl started caressing the Sagitarius on his arm while he was standing in line for coffee.

So I suppose whether or not it’s a good thing depends on the people involved.

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

hi,looking forward to your wife’s tattoos ,lol!
Maybe i also will stare at her if met in the street!

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

Sometimes, stare at ,just because your tattoos really very fantastic, so it is good things, i think!I wish more fantastic tattoos picture, so that i could list them on my blog!:pthanks!

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

I try to be discreet and do a quick glance. If it looks like a solid piece it then turns to a stare. Then if it’s super nice, I ask who made the tattoo. I try not to stare at the ladies though.
I think people generally like to show off their tattoos so I don’t feel that creepy for staring. If you have lots of tattoos and you don’t want people staring, then cover them.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Not all stairs are a bad thing. There is a security guard at the Asda down the road from me, and he has 2 sleeve’s a awesome neck piece and he’s hands are covered. He said to me when i walked past “those fingers look fresh” as in they had only just been done so i replies “yeah i just got them touched up today” we then got in deep discussion about tattoo’s where each other get inked ect..

Now every time we see each other we give a nod of the head.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I get approached alot with people asking who did the work, I dont mind telling them, but I also often feel the stares, but I really get no negative comments with 220 hours of ink

CandD
Participant
@candd

I don’t really stare at people’s tattoos, I “discreetly” look especially if it’s beautifully done :p I have to admit I like some of the attention I get when some people see my tattoos.

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

yes, i agree with you!
Art deserve respect!
Stare means respect!

spirit_eyes
Participant
@spirit_eyes

if you’re showing your ink, i’m going to look. and when you notice me, i want to talk about it. if i don’t want people to see, or comment about mine, i cover it up. and that’s part of the reason i’ve put it where it is – so i can cover it.
all my work is custom, and i love it. and i love to brag about it.
i just don’t like the nasty stares from folks looking down their nose at me. my ink is weel done, and pretty much g rated. i’m not a biker scumbag because i have a couple pieces of art permantly on me.

m1c
Participant
@m1c

i was away on holiday last week and found myself goin round in circles looking at people tats in the swimming pool, as mine is on my shoulder i havent ever noticed anyone looking at it ๐Ÿ˜€ but after a week looking at other peoples i now want another ๐Ÿ˜€

allan30
Participant
@allan30

I ALWAYS look at tats when I see any and often, I ask what it is exactly and why the person as that tattoo, people seem to enjoy talking to me about them and I find tattoo stories REALLY interesting, so that’s why I look at tats in a good way ๐Ÿ™‚

George79
Participant
@george79

Isnit why you got it so people could see it ๐Ÿ™‚

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
George79;94969 wrote:
Isn’t it why you got it so people could see it ๐Ÿ™‚

+1

I thought that was the general idea…

CandD
Participant
@candd
allan30;94078 wrote:
I ALWAYS look at tats when I see any and often, I ask what it is exactly and why the person as that tattoo, people seem to enjoy talking to me about them and I find tattoo stories REALLY interesting, so that’s why I look at tats in a good way ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice. Some people have really nice stories behind their tattoos. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.