Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Wondering what you guys/gals think? I could care less that people stare at me, but wondering what your thoughts are. Has anyone ever stopped you and asked you about them? Its obvious people have an instinct when someone is looking at them, seem to be getting this alot now at the gym.

Peace.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

O_o – stare… in a good or bad way? i like when people look at my tattooo, its an awesome piece of body art, shouldnt be cooped up inside a shirt or somewhere unnoticable, there is no bad blood for tattoos anymore where im from, more people like them than not.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
Benjaminho;59604 wrote:
O_o – stare… in a good or bad way? i like when people look at my tattooo, its an awesome piece of body art, shouldnt be cooped up inside a shirt or somewhere unnoticable, there is no bad blood for tattoos anymore where im from, more people like them than not.

Yeah I wonder if some are maybe trying to see what the ink work is all about or what it is?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i think woman prob get stared at more if heavily tattooed :rolleyes:

i think all of us are guilty of having a good long luck at peoples tattoos , i can put my heads up and admit doing it i’m very ink nosey ๐Ÿ˜€

risk_taker
Participant
@risk_taker
Bdubbs;59603 wrote:
Wondering what you guys/gals think? I could care less that people stare at me, but wondering what your thoughts are. Has anyone ever stopped you and asked you about them? Its obvious people have an instinct when someone is looking at them, seem to be getting this alot now at the gym.

Peace.

I usually don’t try to stare, but tattoos just fascinate me.I am a very curious person and when i see someone with a tattoo i just want to know why they got.

Risk_Taker:)

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Like Butterfly said, I’m ink nosey. Lord knows I’ll forget your face five minutes after we meet, but I’ll remember your tattoo forever. Ink just draws my eyes and interest in a way not even a nice round ass, or big, bouncy breasts can.

But why for others?

Duh.

Tattoos aren’t totally socially acceptable man. Women with lots of visible ink are assumed to be easy; heavily tattooed men are dangerous criminals. These perceptions are lessening, as more and more of Western society gets them, but they aren’t gone.

And this social unacceptability is part of the tattoo’s mystic. It’s a sign that you’re part of our in-group, that you’ve shared an experience with us that those outside the group just simply don’t understand. Visible ink sets you apart, marks you as one of us rather than one of them.

That’s attention grabbing. They’re trying to make sense why you’d “get pictures” on your arm, even if they wouldn’t put it that way themselves.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I have people stare ALL the time. I guess I am one of the decently heavy inked chics (I’m definitely working on it anyway!)
I get people that ask about them, tell me they love my ink, etc…but I also get the bitchy people that ask me WHY I would want to “ugly” myself that way….those are the ones that get the ear full and get told to go take a flying leap up and elephant’s ass.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

I get stares and I catch myself staring too. I’m just trying to check out the art though. Who knows what others are thinking?

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I can only speak for myself, but I tend to take long looks at others’ artwork. I’m interested in what they have, but I don’t want to be just another person to give them a “cool tattoo”, or “nice work” kind of comment, so I admire from a distance.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

I stare because it’s art. Art is meant to be looked at and appreciated.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Ever since ive been getting tattooed ive been more interested in looking at other peoples tattoos. I dont really notice people looking at me alot, but my parents are always like “that guy/girl was checkin your ink out!!”.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I look because I’m totally fascinated, more so since I started getting inked myself. I will, on occasion, compliment someone on their ink, I love it when I get compliments about mine so why shouldn’t others. Tattooed women don’t have the stigma that they did years ago, so saying my mother doesn’t know that I have any at all!

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

I’ve had a few people give nice comments about my tattoos, including girls ๐Ÿ˜€ but I’ve had very old ladies say “Oh, that’s very interesting! Is there more?” then I pull my sleeve up and they almost die of shock lmao.

I like it when people stare at me though, good or bad I don’t care. Only bad stares I’ve had as far as I know were from my boss but thankfully he can’t do anything about it. One thing I don’t like though is explaining to people why I got my tattoos. I don’t need a reason to get inked other than I love tattoos in general. I do have a reason but it’s secondary to my fascination to tatts and I don’t need to tell a nosey body all about it ๐Ÿ˜€

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
The Mighty Ming;59652 wrote:
I’ve had a few people give nice comments about my tattoos, including girls ๐Ÿ˜€ but I’ve had very old ladies say “Oh, that’s very interesting! Is there more?” then I pull my sleeve up and they almost die of shock lmao.

I like it when people stare at me though, good or bad I don’t care. Only bad stares I’ve had as far as I know were from my boss but thankfully he can’t do anything about it. One thing I don’t like though is explaining to people why I got my tattoos. I don’t need a reason to get inked other than I love tattoos in general. I do have a reason but it’s secondary to my fascination to tatts and I don’t need to tell a nosey body all about it ๐Ÿ˜€

Good point! Alot of peoples tattoos have meaning ect, ect. Mine do as well in a way, but the main reason I got them is cause I love tattoos as well. Some will ask me “why did you get that?” And I say because I think its cool thats why. In my opinion not every tattoo has to have a meaning, if you like it thats all that matters.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I stare much more now that I have ink. I like seeing what others have. I’ve even gone to the stage to tip just to get a closer look at the ink ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.