These terms govern your use of The Tattoo Forum and the products, features, apps, services, technologies and software we offer, except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply
The discussion forum section of the website allows people all over the world to post questions, ask for help and share their experiences.
We provide a image upload and gallery area for sharing original photos and allow these to be shared easily within the forum threads and topics.
We provide a personalised feed of activity based on the friendships you make on the forum and your own activity.
We use the data we have about your activity to personalise your experience.
There are many ways to express yourself on the forums to communicate with people directly via messaging, by writing an activity update onto your personal feed, by adding content in the form of a forum post or a gallery image and sharing this.
We show you ads, offers and sponsored content to help you discover content products and services that are offered by us or our advertising partners
Our Worldwide Tattoo Directory contains the information of thousands of tattoo studios throughout the world.
We provide a system for tattoo studio owners to claim their own listings and add their own content and information to keep it up to date.
We add studios not already present in our directory when we find them as well as providing simple ways for registered users to add their own studios quickly and easily.
We offer featured listings which appear higher in the search results and we also offer advertising packages for studios to be featured elsewhere in the forum.
The individual studio listings contain the facility to show their tattoo artists who are registered on the forum alongside their listings.
We provide a review system for studio customers to leave reviews on the listings.
We also provide a contact form for people to be able to contact studios directly.
We provide a Marketplace called The Tattoo Store which can include products from affiliates or individual vendors.
This store provides a platform for Tattoo Studios to list their branded items for sale as well as providing a marketplace style facility for any product vendors to signup and sell their products on our site.
We aim to provide global access to services and to do this we provide both a distributed hosting system to store data in data centers around the world and we also include a translation plugin which aims to auto translate all of the website content into the local language of the person viewing it.
Your data may be sent to any of these data centers in order to be able to provide the best experience possible.
This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by The Tattoo Forum or its affiliates.
We also encourage you to review the privacy choices in your settings regarding your personal data and what is visible on your profile pages. these can all be managed from your edit profile and settings page.
We provide these services to you and others to help provide our community. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
Who can use The Tattoo Forum
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For that reason, you must:
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
Create only one account (your own) and use your activity feed for personal purposes.
Not share your password, give access to your Tattoo Forum account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make the Tattoo Forum broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use the Tattoo Forum if:
You are under 18 years old.
You are a convicted sex offender.
We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
What you can share and do on The Tattoo Forum
We want people to use The Tattoo Forum to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
That violates these Terms
- That includes or links to any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, threatening, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racist, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any International laws and regulations.
That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
That infringes or violates someone else’s rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, including temporarily or permanently banning your access to the site as a whole. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights.
Where appropriate, we will take steps to notify you when we remove your content for violating our content policies. We may not be able to provide notice in all cases, for example if we are prohibited from doing so by law or where it might harm our community or the integrity of our Products.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on The Tattoo Forum and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, though, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use that content.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Facebook, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other The Tattoo Forum Services you use.
You can end this license any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on The Tattoo Forum next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you.
- Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop it.
Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content cov