A_Tattooed_Mum
Participant
@a_tattooed_mum

I also admit to staring! like you have all said its hard not to stare when looking at someone else’s ink, and Im curious to know what other people’s tastes are when it comes to tattoos.
I get stares a bit, but it doesnt bug me, one day an elderly lady came up to me and said “your such a beautiful girl why would you do such a thing to your body”, but before I could even answer she walked off like I had some disease!!

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

I think it’s great. I have had quite a few great conversations based on people just asking me questions about mine and likewise, there are plenty of strangers I’ve talked to as well. The most disapproving people I’ve encountered are usually older, but it made my day (week? month?) when an older gentleman, at least 70, told me that I had awesome tattoos.

Bope
Participant
@bope

Last week while eating lunch at a sit down family rest. I had two women ask to see my sleeve and was shocked when I took my sweatshirt off and raised my T shirt sleeve, and it wasnt at all the vines they thought they seen at first……lol My wife said they where cougars..

AFTER THE FACT…LOL

Talisman
Participant
@talisman

I get different responses, but when it came to a little 4 year old girl who saw me in a grocery store. I saw the fear in her eyes as she gripped on to her mother like a freaked out possum. Ive learned to get used to it.
If I see a tattoo that catches my eye I’ll approach them and say “sorry for staring, but I was just admiring your tattoo” they always smile and openly share their story with me. Just manners is all.

Lukej
Participant
@lukej

I don’t really mind it, but it depends on the situation. Like for example, once I was with a group of people I didn’t know very well, and someone asked me to explain the meanings of each of my tattoos, that made me feel uncomfortable because it made me feel like I was an attention seeker in kind of a weird way? I don’t mind a person asking me, but I don’t like a group.

Justanothername
Participant
@justanothername

I’ve found that the only difference between the two are that those with tattoos don’t care if you don’t have any. I as well am ink nosey. I love to see what others choose to adorn themselves with. To me it’s one of the most interesting forms of expression. Wear those tats with pride.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Unfortunatley I think the stares come with the territory of somewhat still being socially unacceptable. I love to see what other people have, someone heavily inked usually grabs my attention with the story thats written on there body. One day soon enough it will be like the movie “Idiocracy” and we will all be lasered with barcode tattoos so people will have to learn to love them. All jokes…but seriously. 😀

Ckneasel
Participant
@ckneasel

If you get offended cause someone is trying to look at your ink, cover that stuff up… if you decide to ink your body, you’re a walking billboard…

after getting my first, i couldn’t care less if people are trying to look… come on over, and get a good look, i’m cool with it…

horsegirl
Participant
@horsegirl

People at the gym ask about mine Esp. My sons name. Wait till I get the one im having drawn for both my parents

I like to stare Esp if its a HOT guy Yummy

The only person that wasnt too crazy abou them was my dad when he was alive. He was PISSED whe I got my first one.

Robert.B
Participant
@robert-b

I don’t think there’s much of a negative stigma surrounding tattoos anymore, at least where I live. My parents didn’t mind me getting one done, although they didn’t really understand why I’d want to. The teachers in my school haven’t even mentioned them. But there’s still the occasional ‘That’s going to look terrible when your 80’ people don’t seem to be able to grasp that it’s going to look terrible because my skin in general will look terrible when I’m 80. Ink or no ink.

linus1691
Participant
@linus1691

Once you decide to get tattoo/s that are visible & eye catching, then people staring at them & asking questions is part & parcel of tattooing. One should be prepared to take on.

htx
Participant
@htx

Probably because only criminals, outlaws and people who really didn’t care about sticking out used to have them. It’s funny how young people don’t realize how it was before they became so trendy. Laser tattoo removal shops are going to be making some serious money in 10, 20, 30 years.

Tiki
Participant
@tiki

I tend to stare because I like to study the piece. I sometimes get a little uncomfortable when people do the same with mine, so I guess that makes me a hypocrite.

I tend to look longer at pieces I really like. Bad tattoos are a glance, good ones are a good look, amazing ones get the stare down.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I like it when people I work with randomly walk up to me and start asking questions. This one guy came up to me and just started chatting and I asked him if he had any work and he showed me a crazy dragon shoulder chest piece he had about 16 hours into. It tripped me out cause it was his only one and you can’t tell unless he wears a white shirt. I enjoy looking at other peoples work. I always ask how long have you had it and how long did it take. People tend to open up when you ask them questions they know the answers to.

xCanyonx
@

My straight edge tattoo down my leg gets stared at a lot (will post pictures of my tattoos soon) probably because people are curious. I have gotten horrible looks from people but i dont care because i love my tats. I have also had people ask me what it means and complement my tattoos. In my opinion they are probably admiring the art you have on your body or staring in disgust haha. I catch myself staring at other people with tattoos because i just love seeing all the great pieces that are out there in the world.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.