vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I have also found that some people want to touch my tats as well, I wonder if they think they’ll wipe off. It often happens in pubs, I did tell a bloke a few weeks ago that if he rubbed his sweaty hand down my arm one more time I’d bust his lip! That went down like a cup of cold sick but he did keep his mitts to himself after that!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Vizzie, that remind me of day before yesterday at my gym. After my workout, I took a shower down in the locker room and decided to go sit in the hot tub for a minute. A bunch of old men where getting out of it, so I was standing off to the side, still naked, waiting for them to get out of my way. One of these days I will figure out why there are always legions of old dudes naked in the locker room.

While I was standing there, this old dude walked up behind me, licked his finger, and started rubbing it up and down my back tattoo. I, uh, kinda freaked out, whipped around at him (still naked!) and asked him what the FUCK he thought he was doing. He stammered he didn’t think it could possibly be real, and was just seeing if it rubbed off.

I swear to god, the only thing that kept me from decking him was that he was like sixty….and that I was naked.

I much prefer the old women who come up to me in public, grab my arm, and demand to see my art. I mean, at least I’m clothed when that happens.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

ha! I think I still woulda decked him KH.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

Lol what the hell?! Old people sometimes creep me out, they seem to forgetwhat is accepable to do in public and how to treat others with respect. Unwanted comments on other people’s looks and unsolicited physical contact are unfortunately rather common.

People stare at me because I have colourful hair already and because my only tattoo so far is a) on my back and b) covered up during the day so it fades less quickly I miss most stares that are directed at it.

A few months ago I was standing outside a pub with the smokers and suddenly my friend (the one who accompanied me when I got the tattoo done) leaned over my shoulder and helpfully offered: “It’s a Siamese fighting fish”… apparently some guy had been squinting at my back for some time, LOL!

ChaosDani;59642 wrote:
I stare because it’s art. Art is meant to be looked at and appreciated.

Couldn’t agree more.If you don’t like people taking a good look at your ink, cover it up! As long as they are just looking and not giving you dirty looks and/or making nasty/stupid remarks I don’t give a hoot.

I openly study other people’s tattoos, always have. It’s more awkward if you DON’T have a tattoo yourself (yet) though, you feel more like some weirdo/perv with a weird fetish because you are an “outsider”.

That does remind me of an incident I had on the train a while back though. This guy sat across me talking on his phone and the sleeve of his sweater had slipped down so I could see he had a substential tattoo on his forearm. I was still trying to figure out what it was when he was done with the phone call . As he looked at me I just truthfully said “Sorry, I was just interested in the bit of ink peeking out of your sleeve there.” He just grinned and rolled up his sleeve a bit more so I could see there was a dragon wrapped around the forearm. Noting spectacular but nicely done, alot better than what I tend to see on a regular base. I asked him where he got it done but the studio was not in this area here so I don’t remember the name anymore, sorry.
Still grinning he asked me whether I had any tattoos and I confessed I had “just one between my shoulder blades” and took off my cardigan (luckily with a sleeveless top underneath with a low-cut back so no bra-flashing was required). I have no idea WHAT he expected but his reaction was like: “Oh, that’s a big tattoo for a small girl!”
Well, duh!

Anyway, to sum it uo this whole situation would have been way more awkward without any ink to flash on my part.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

Lol what the hell?! Old people sometimes creep me out, they seem to forgetwhat is accepable to do in public and how to treat others with respect. Unwanted comments on other people’s looks and unsolicited physical contact are unfortunately rather common.

People stare at me because I have colourful hair already and because my only tattoo so far is a) on my back and b) covered up during the day so it fades less quickly I miss most stares that are directed at it.

A few months ago I was standing outside a pub with the smokers and suddenly my friend (the one who accompanied me when I got the tattoo done) leaned over my shoulder and helpfully offered: “It’s a Siamese fighting fish”… apparently some guy had been squinting at my back for some time, LOL!

ChaosDani;59642 wrote:
I stare because it’s art. Art is meant to be looked at and appreciated.

Couldn’t agree more.If you don’t like people taking a good look at your ink, cover it up! As long as they are just looking and not giving you dirty looks and/or making nasty/stupid remarks I don’t give a hoot.

I openly study other people’s tattoos, always have. It’s more awkward if you DON’T have a tattoo yourself (yet) though, you feel more like some weirdo/perv with a weird fetish because you are an “outsider”.

That does remind me of an incident I had on the train a while back though. This guy sat across me talking on his phone and the sleeve of his sweater had slipped down so I could see he had a substential tattoo on his forearm. I was still trying to figure out what it was when he was done with the phone call . As he looked at me I just truthfully said “Sorry, I was just interested in the bit of ink peeking out of your sleeve there.” He just grinned and rolled up his sleeve a bit more so I could see there was a dragon wrapped around the forearm. Noting spectacular but nicely done, alot better than what I tend to see on a regular base. I asked him where he got it done but the studio was not in this area here so I don’t remember the name anymore, sorry.
Still grinning he asked me whether I had any tattoos and I confessed I had “just one between my shoulder blades” and took off my cardigan (luckily with a sleeveless top underneath with a low-cut back so no bra-flashing was required). I have no idea WHAT he expected but his reaction was like: “Oh, that’s a big tattoo for a small girl!”
Well, duh!

Anyway, to sum it uo this whole situation would have been way more awkward without any ink to flash on my part.

Tattedmommy
Participant
@tattedmommy

I think some are fasinated…my boii would say for chics its sexy and a good conversation starter…who knows? I have lots of ink and get stopped by guys and girls equally.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

KH, dude sounds like an old perv to me. I would wait until he’s out next time. Bahahah! Sorry man.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Could be, could be, but I’m more betting that he’s half-addled with age. Like Asenath said, old people can be creepy as fuck sometimes.

Quote:
I have no idea WHAT he expected but his reaction was like: “Oh, that’s a big tattoo for a small girl!”
Well, duh!

In his defense, you are a small, cute girl, and there’s a perception that small, cute girls aren’t into tattoos, not seriously. Blame the sorority chicks, those giggle gaggles of blonde, over privileged airheads who descend on tattoo parlors en mass, all asking for belly button rings and roses the size of nickels, all the while giggling at how bad and rebellious they are.

Thanks to them vastly outnumbering women with gorgeous art, it’s often surprising to see a woman who doesn’t wear leather miniskirts or fishnets with real, substantial ink.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i suppose as an artist myself i would say i stare to see the technical side of things more than the design itself…
i cant help it..

although i do admit to commenting if its a real nice piece even if its in the middle of a shop or wherever we are ๐Ÿ˜€

shupes
Participant
@shupes

Once i see something i like I ask questions and usaully with a positive response from people about there experiance, It benefits everyone when you get a perspective and insight to many peolpe who want to share there personal tattoo

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I like checking out good work, especially women with pretty tats. I would never say anything rude to someone about their tattoos. I mean what’s the point.

Zukei
Participant
@zukei

Personally I guess I could say that I stare but it is more admiration than anything (depending). However, when I stare at some of the guys that go to my school and the shitty tattoos they got done illegally, it’s in disgust really. Almost all of them are typical tribal or/with a clich’e sentence in fancy font text.

One of the girls actually just has the tattoo ‘A~Z’ like that in fancy font and it’s hard not to judge that on first appearance.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I love to look at tattoos. I do stare but I try not to as it can be creepy. More so before I had any tats myself then it was just awkward but i’ve always loved tatoos. Now that I got a little ink myself its a bit less creepy but both of my tats can easily be covered so if they are it may look creepy until after I ask them about their tats (if i do-depends on what’s going on) and then if i do they generally then ask if i have any and then I show them ๐Ÿ™‚ But artwork is made to be looked at and admired. And i’m always interested in hearing why someone got the tat that they choose.

SaraJane
Participant
@sarajane

My are covered all the time because they are on my back. But i know when i look at someone else with tattoos it’s because I’m admiring the artwork and trying to figure out what it is really hahaha especially if they are partly covered

mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink

People stare because the tattood individual is a total freak who probably eats small children and wasn’t hugged enough from their parents growing up.

It’s the same when I look in the mirror. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.