clay1680
@
ArniVidar;80410 wrote:
It looks like someone with the artistic ability of… myself, was doodling on your arm with a sharpie. And trust me, I wouldn’t want anything drawn by me on paper, let alone on someone’s skin.

What gives you the audacity to make such a juvenile comment without seeing the other guys work or how it will look finished. i think it will be fine and this forum doesnt need someone like you berating his tattoo. if he likes it then thats all that matters and you should re-evealuate the situation and how you handle yourself next time you post. im ashamed of this childish comment coming from a supposed “Mod”. Please have respect and stop relfecting your inner feelings about yourself on others.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

My my, aren’t we angry about something completely different and lashing out at me.

The OP asked for opinions on what we thought about the tattoo as it is today. He did not ask “How do you think it will look sometime in the future?”, so my opinion can only be given as asked. Right now, it looks horrible. I can’t possibly see how that could ever look anywhere close to good. Should I be proven wrong at some later date, I would be most happy for the OP. But that future is far away still, if it will ever come. Until then, he carries uneven, extremely strange and downright ugly doodles on his arm.

As for my moderator status, that has absolutely no influence on how I think. Why should it? Should I automatically view the world through rose-colored glasses just because I have mod status? My job here is to keep the spam out and make sure that arguments don’t get metaphorically violent. My job is NOT to coddle people and blow smoke up their ass when they come here looking and asking for honest opinions. That’s that their mothers are for.

Mecki
@
Rider68;80414 wrote:
Then why bother asking? If you’re going to get defensive when people are giving you their honest opinions, what’s the point? You asked, people answered, deal with it.

Umm…I’m not even getting defensive? I’m not allowed to say what I think about my own tattoo now? ArniVidar said it was horrible, I replied saying it’s beautiful! If I was to get defensive I would say much more then that and yeah I asked for people’s thoughts about it but seriously I and I’m sure others who asked the same as I have, don’t want to hear such shitty comments coming from people like ArniVidar.

buttwheat;80422 wrote:
Why all of the sudden are people calling a large tattoo a half sleeve?

its nowhere near finish yet. my entire arm will be covered right down to my elbow. that’s just only a 4 hour session.

ArniVidar;80432 wrote:
My my, aren’t we angry about something completely different and lashing out at me.

The OP asked for opinions on what we thought about the tattoo as it is today. He did not ask “How do you think it will look sometime in the future?”, so my opinion can only be given as asked. Right now, it looks horrible. I can’t possibly see how that could ever look anywhere close to good. Should I be proven wrong at some later date, I would be most happy for the OP. But that future is far away still, if it will ever come. Until then, he carries uneven, extremely strange and downright ugly doodles on his arm.

May I just ask. What is it about this piece that makes it so disgusting to look at to yourself? I see nothing wrong with it at all? oh and btw the artist and i put together this piece and thats how I wanted it to look and I’m more then happy with how it turned out.

Mecki
@
stubarber;80419 wrote:
maybe the artist’s style of starting and finishing doesn’t reflect his abilities at this stage.

Post up some of his other work, or send us a link to his portfolio.

these are some of “her” artwork. there are female tattooists as well you know.

16848215043165501265010.jpg
74825132080666847749100.jpg
77081132082203514262100.jpg
14971012996913705890210.jpg
15466313280311010883810.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Mecki;80443 wrote:
the artist and i put together this piece and thats how I wanted it to look and I’m more then happy with how it turned out.

That’s very good Mecki, and all that really matters. My opinion should mean absolutely nothing at all to you! Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and most of them stink.

As for what bothers me about it, it’s difficult to really put it into words. It just makes no sense whatsoever. It’s just doodling. Like some one sketched on you to give a general idea of the size and shape of the tattoo but never bothered to think of anything more before filling the blanks with…. more doodles.

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong and show us a really cool piece of ink one day. I just don’t see it, but judging from those pictures you just posted I look forward to being proven wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and I thank you for actually taking my opinion at face value and not getting all hysterical about it. More people could do with learning that lesson.

clay1680
@

Thats all that matters if you like it then be happy and dont worry about what that childish person Arni”cantkeephisbigmouthshut”Vidar has to say. he likes to cast stones but doesnt like hearing the truth himself because his tattoo is so bad it makes a second graders color by numbers drawing look like it was done by Carravagio compared to his work.

Mecki
@
ArniVidar;80446 wrote:
That’s very good Mecki, and all that really matters. My opinion should mean absolutely nothing at all to you! Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and most of them stink.

As for what bothers me about it, it’s difficult to really put it into words. It just makes no sense whatsoever. It’s just doodling. Like some one sketched on you to give a general idea of the size and shape of the tattoo but never bothered to think of anything more before filling the blanks with…. more doodles.

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong and show us a really cool piece of ink one day. I just don’t see it, but judging from those pictures you just posted I look forward to being proven wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and I thank you for actually taking my opinion at face value and not getting all hysterical about it. More people could do with learning that lesson.

like i said it’s still in progress and i wonder if anyone actually even bothers to read before theyn looked at the picture. This is the first drawing of it the inside part of my arm has yet to be drawn up. colours aren’t the same as the drawing and there may be more to add to it.

18012011002.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar
clay1680;80447 wrote:
Thats all that matters if you like it then be happy and dont worry about what that childish person Arni”cantkeephisbigmouthshut”Vidar has to say. he likes to cast stones but doesnt like hearing the truth himself because his tattoo is so bad it makes a second graders color by numbers drawing look like it was done by Carravagio compared to his work.

Interesting choice of comparisons there. But sadly, I had warned you to watch your language in here, whether it be directed at me or anyone else. Go away and cool down.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
clay1680;80447 wrote:

Did I miss something in another thread where Arnivadar pissed in your Wheaties?

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

^ also curious……..

and what thread was the bad language in ????

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Ok, the other pics he posted that were done by the artist as well, weren’t bad…but the first one, with the half naked chick, I can’t stop going back to it..her super skinnny arm, and bottom of her legs freak me out…take another look. It’s messed. Anyways, don’t wanna get involved in this, I just can’t get over that one tattoo….

ArniVidar
@arnividar
reefdiver;80563 wrote:
what thread was the bad language in ?

Deleted it (the post, not the thread).

board_riider;80565 wrote:
the first one, with the half naked chick, I can’t stop going back to it..her super skinnny arm, and bottom of her legs freak me out

Wow.. I totally overlooked that entire tattoo. You’re right.. it’s horrible! Absolutely no sense of symmetry or perspective or whatever you want to call it. There really isn’t much good about that ink at all.. not even the boobs (and I love boobs!) ๐Ÿ˜€

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Wow.. I totally overlooked that entire tattoo. You’re right.. it’s horrible! Absolutely no sense of symmetry or perspective or whatever you want to call it. There really isn’t much good about that ink at all.. not even the boobs (and I love boobs!) ๐Ÿ˜€

Yeah, I seriously couldn’t stop looking at it! The whole bad tattoo, not just the bad boobs! And yes,it’s hard to say there’s bad boobs ever, but that tattoo certainly has a pair. A shame, really.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Sorry, totally quoted you wrong ArniVidar, but you get the idea.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

“Bad boobs”…. what an oxymoron. I don’t think I’ve ever used those words together in a sentence before… at least not together :p

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘my custom designed half sleeve’ is closed to new replies.