Mecki
@

Hey guys.

This is my custom designed koi half sleeve in progresss. It’s changed a bit because I wasn’t really looking to that solid traditional lookng koi with scales and such. That’s just a my first session on that. What are you thoughts about it?

5upx.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

…wow….

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

Stop now and try salvage what you can with a better artist.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Mecki;80400 wrote:
5upx.jpg

Oh wow… that is just horrible 🙁 It might be salvaged by a proper artist… might.

Mecki
@

hows that horrible…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It looks like someone with the artistic ability of… myself, was doodling on your arm with a sharpie. And trust me, I wouldn’t want anything drawn by me on paper, let alone on someone’s skin.

Mecki
@

its beautiful.!

Rider68
Participant
@rider68
Mecki;80411 wrote:
its beautiful.!

Then why bother asking? If you’re going to get defensive when people are giving you their honest opinions, what’s the point? You asked, people answered, deal with it.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

maybe the artist’s style of starting and finishing doesn’t reflect his abilities at this stage.

Post up some of his other work, or send us a link to his portfolio.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Why all of the sudden are people calling a large tattoo a half sleeve?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
buttwheat;80422 wrote:
Why all of the sudden are people calling a large tattoo a half sleeve?

Well, it’s going to be a half-sleeve once it’s finished with the underside. Perhaps that’s where he’s going with it.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ArniVidar;80423 wrote:
Well, it’s going to be a half-sleeve once it’s finished with the underside. Perhaps that’s where he’s going with it.

It’s not just this one I see a lot of people with a upper arm tattoo saying it’s my half sleeve. Damn posers

ArniVidar
@arnividar

This reminds me of a discussion we had here weeks or months back. Would you call half a half-sleeve (the outer part, which many tattooed people get done, muck like the OP) a quarter sleeve?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

to me a half sleeve would be all the way around the arm down to the elbow. You could call that a 1/4 sleeve or how about a short sleeve but what this guy has is a tattoo.

vala
Participant
@vala
buttwheat;80428 wrote:
to me a half sleeve would be all the way around the arm down to the elbow. You could call that a 1/4 sleeve or how about a short sleeve but what this guy has is a tattoo.

or you could just call it a piece on their arm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘my custom designed half sleeve’ is closed to new replies.