ArniVidar
    @arnividar
eeva;72737 wrote:
one security-lady looked deeply into my eyes and said “nnnnice..” i thought she was hitting on me

You’re correct.. she was 😉

test sig
Poker_Addict
    @

I think people stare because they just have not gotten with the times. Tattoos and piercings are normal now where as they were not as popular not too long ago.

ryannnnn
Participant
    @ryannnnn
The Mighty Ming;67588 wrote:
A delivery driver I was working with today was staring at my tattoos, he eventually asked how much it cost me, I told him around £700 over 4 sessions. He snorted and bragged how he could buy a car for that or something useful. I told him that car would cost him thousands over the years, my tattoo is free for the rest of my life!

Nice response! I agree with You No other investment is lifelong!

I also hate when people ask how much they cost, about 150 an hr, and they say ‘whaaa… I know. So&so who could’ve done that for….” or they show me their tattoos, which aren’t great, and say.. ‘the homie did this for 20 bucks”.. really? Maybe that’s why it looks fucking horrendous.

xOwnlife1984x
Participant
    @xownlife1984x

If i catch myself staring, which happens a lot, I make it a point to then at least make an attempt at initiating conversation because obviously there was something in that piece that caught my eye. Tattoos are a wonderful way to meet ppl and make friends, or at least I have found that to be true.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

What if you’re staring because it’s just so awful? Do you still strike up a conversation?

test sig
looney bin escapee
Participant
    @looney-bin-escapee
ArniVidar;73575 wrote:
What if you’re staring because it’s just so awful? Do you still strike up a conversation?

I sometimes do. I want to know who did the work and what the hell the person was thinking when they got the tatt. I mean, you gotta say, “yes, that’s what I want” before getting inked. At least most times you do.

LuckyLass
Participant
    @luckylass
Bdubbs;59603 wrote:
Wondering what you guys/gals think? I could care less that people stare at me, but wondering what your thoughts are. Has anyone ever stopped you and asked you about them? Its obvious people have an instinct when someone is looking at them, seem to be getting this alot now at the gym.

Peace.

Iv’e been asked about my tattoo alot. People think it’s cool i designed it, that is, everyone BUT my family.
My entire family thinks tattooing is mutilation…so whenever I go swimming with them I have to wear a T-shirt over my bikini to hide the tattoo or they will be angry and offended.
I think Id rather have strangers staring at my tat than my family asking me to keep it out of sight.
I think tattoos are beautiful, so when I see other people with them, I stare, in awe…never take it personally. Usually people who dont have ink are either like woah thats badass on you…or they think ick thats mutilation!!! Who cares??? Their loss for not having the open mind, llove of art and symbolism…it takes dedication to ink your skin…I feel proud to wear mine!!!