Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
mt666tm;76973 wrote:
I’m sleeved and full back + more and i wear long sleeves a lot just to cover up. Staring is not that bad, try going to Asia and having so many random people in the markets just grab your arms and pull your shirt up for a closer look. That was 😮

This would end up in me having Asian all over my fists.

jmechlin
Participant
@jmechlin
jyrva;77009 wrote:
Someone has said: “The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos”

I think there is also a difference between People who have tattoos and tattooed people

7DS
@

I like looking at the art.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Gsouder;77018 wrote:
This would end up in me having Asian all over my fists.

Really? What about little old ladies? Because those old biddies roll up on me and grab my arm to look at my sleeve on a pretty regualr basis. You gonna beat them too? ‘Cuz, I’ve like thought about it and stuff, I’m just alway afraid it’s end up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJMJHcVidSw

Love. Peace. Metallica.

tattooholic
Participant
@tattooholic

Tattoos tell a lot about the person wearing them, so it is interesting to look and see what the person is saying about himself. Like body language, if you know the meaning, you will spend more time trying to figure what a person is all about…

Ctorre5
Participant
@ctorre5

I get stared non stop if I’m in the grocery store or at a family reunion it also doesn’t hurt that I’m six foot two and Spanish

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I get stared at on a daily basis. People always react to my tattoos in one way or the other.
Of course, I’m tiny little girl, which apparently makes for a bigger shock-effect… When I cover up my tattoos, people think I’m sixteen years old.
I find it quite amusing, though. I can’t show of my tattoos most of the year, so I love it when I can. Walking around town, even big tattoed bikers stare at me, and sometimes stop me. I have freakin tattoo artists around her stop me on the streets 😛
And little girls LOVE me. I’m convinced that I have disturbed the mind of several 5-6year old girls in this town.

So, I mainly get a positive feedback on mine. Of course, some don’t like them too much. Parts of my family are going after my mom for even allowing me to get them done. She just challenges them to try and stop me.

I guess people stare at me for two main reasons; My tattoos are AWESOME. And; I’m a tiny little girl. I kinda challenge the hole bikers/criminals/sailors have tattoos thing.

mberam
Participant
@mberam

If they are staring because they admire the work, than that’s great. I love showing off my tats. If they are staring with a Condescending stare, or judging me then they can go f*ck themselves! 🙂

mchanow
Participant
@mchanow

I get it often. No big deal – I am proud of my ink.

Cram
Participant
@cram

I was in Turkey this year for a holliday. And i got a lot of questions like “is is real” and people touching it to see
if it was. That was pretty weird. But most of the time i get nice comments especially from old people. They alwiays come with stories of “the old days” haha

tatlover2
Participant
@tatlover2

I am very ink Curious. I would stare at them because it’s art. And art is to be looked at. That’s just me.

bodyinktube
Participant
@bodyinktube

I try not to stare at the tattoos that are in more provocative areas of the body lol 🙂 but in most cases, if I notice a cool
tattoo on somebody, I usually just ask if I can have a quick look – I find alot of people who are quite willing to show off their tattoo, they’re usually very proud of their own tattoos! 🙂

James

Sakura Bodyart
Participant
@sakura-bodyart

Well personally yes I have been stopped and asked what my tattoos are and I do have people stare at me when I have mine on show but I think they are staring not because they dislike them, but because they are interested in them and they think they look good. Now maybe 20 years ago people would have been staring at them in disgust but now I think tattoos are generally accepted by most people. The artwork is there to be admired and looked at.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

i love it when little kids stare at my ink………………..they are right at eye level with my leg………usually the mom will pull them away ……….:p

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

If I’m staring, I’m usually just trying to get a look at the ink. I’ll usually just ask if I can see it. I asked around a lot in the past year when I saw ink I liked and ended up finding the artist that’s going to do my piece that way.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.