looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
Watty;74675 wrote:
I personally ask people why they decided to get that and how long they have have the tatt for mainly just to pick their brains on their idea of a tatt, and to tell them it’s a good tatt. But that’s why I stare

I kind of ask the same.

Another question I generally ask is who did it since I’m in Hawaii and the tattoo artist community is smaller.

TattoFan1989
Participant
@tattofan1989

If I see people with tats I will look, not out of rudness but because I like to see what they have. I got my first tat this week and because I am in wheelchair, sometimes I don’t know if their staring at the wheelchair or my tat lol

dennisv
Participant
@dennisv

I stare because like everyone else says, it’s art and I appreciate the tattooists’ talent. Also, I always wonder what’s their stories behind them.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
ryannnnn;73567 wrote:
Nice response! I agree with You No other investment is lifelong!

I also hate when people ask how much they cost, about 150 an hr, and they say ‘whaaa… I know. So&so who could’ve done that for….” or they show me their tattoos, which aren’t great, and say.. ‘the homie did this for 20 bucks”.. really? Maybe that’s why it looks fucking horrendous.

Very true, I hear the same crap. Then I see theres and the normally look quite awful.

Mully
Participant
@mully

i get this alot and not in a nice way:mad: because i live in a pretty small town of mainly old people but sweden is not as bad as ireland. i was home in ireland a few weeks ago and i noticed 3 older people stairing at my arm an point when i looked over they actually looked scared like i was going to rob them. some people dont get that it is an art form 😡

GeminiLady19
Participant
@geminilady19

after a while it becomes second nature for people to stare at all of my tats on my lower arms, because they’re so obvious. it starts to become pretty comical if i get nasty looks, especially from the highly religious older generation who thinks tattoos are a major sin. fun times! lol

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

People are going to stare regardless the tattoos just increase it and yes it can be annoying but oh well. I’ve been known to be a voyeur as well on others tattoos.

I find the “did it hurt?”, “which one hurt most?”, etc questions to be more annoying.

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar
Bdubbs;59603 wrote:
Wondering what you guys/gals think? I could care less that people stare at me, but wondering what your thoughts are. Has anyone ever stopped you and asked you about them? Its obvious people have an instinct when someone is looking at them, seem to be getting this alot now at the gym.

Peace.

I’m often doing this, if I see a good piece of work I’ll stop the person and chat about where they got it and get a proper look. Although I’m not a fan of portraits I saw an amazing one the other day and ended up spending a good hour chatting to the bloke. There are often great stories behind tattoos.
If you’ve put it out there, I see no reason why I can’t appreciate it 🙂
L

yummymummy
Participant
@yummymummy

I often get asked when i got my tattoo and why 3 stars, and why on my foot. Im happy to tell people!!
I dont mind people looking and if they ask ill tell them. I stare too at others, its intresting to look at peoples taste and what they have had done and why!!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I actually wish people would walk up to me an ask about my tattoos instead of just staring. Ive been told im somewhat intimidating looking, so i guess thats why people tend to keep their distance lol.

rich2005
@

its funny when people talk to them and not your face

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

I’m used to it 🙂

mt666tm
Participant
@mt666tm

I stare, why not, and I’m pretty blatant about it. If you don’t want people to stare then cover up.

kangarooman;69681 wrote:
I used to love when random people would talk to me about my tattoos…..I get annoyed pretty quick now when someone asks me about them.

+1
I’m sleeved and full back + more and i wear long sleeves a lot just to cover up. Staring is not that bad, try going to Asia and having so many random people in the markets just grab your arms and pull your shirt up for a closer look. That was 😮

jmechlin
Participant
@jmechlin

I don’t really mind the random peeps, but when they start telling me to go their scratcher it gets annoying.

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva

Someone has said: “The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.