ArniVidar
@arnividar
DavidJednat;104295 wrote:
I don’t need to get rich tattooing. I’m just happy to do something I love.

That’s the spirit! So you’ll tattoo us for free then…. awesome :p

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I must have stared at this one for over 5 minutes well done. The green confuses me. The lower maple leaf is sick.
On the upper maple leaf the lower section looks undone(compared to the lower one) maybe a little more highlighting. please take this with a grain of salt this is a kick ass tattoo.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

mate nearly all of your tats are blowing me away, even the ones that aren’t my cup of tea are still amazingly well executed

better than some experienced tattooists work for sure

ryan2022
Participant
@ryan2022

excellent work man.

Like other said, keep it up. Its better than a lot of pros work in my opinion.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Walked in today. He came in and said he wanted a lion on his thigh. This is the first sitting. Going with a japanese influence. I’m going to use a unique color palette on this as well. It won’t just be yellows golds and browns. I’m going to use some blues and teals as lowlights and the jaws will have blood stains. Can’t wait to work on it again. It’s going to rule!

c3a038bc.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Japanese lion before. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m trying to make it look like this.

45a42102.jpg

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

First sitting. Shading wings next

IMG_0214.jpg

Walk in, kinda fun, but I didn’t have much time to plan.

IMG_0178.jpg

This was done on our shop manager. You should see the rest of her.

IMG_0213.jpg

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Here are a couple more.

IMG_0261.jpg

I’m trying to do more script. So many people want it and I’m missing out on appointments if I don”t do it.

IMG_0250.jpg

This one is fun. I’ll be adding ram horns and tentacles to it in the near future.

IMG_0237.jpg

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

I don’t know if you organized these like this, but it would be very interesting to see in chronological order. I like your work, and I’d like to see the progression of your skills.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I’ve enjoyed your work ever since the first page. I thought you were VERY solid from the very begininng and you’re obviously getting better. Congrats dude, you’re well on your way.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I like your script a lot, and you shouldn’t be turning down customers for it… unless you’re doing it because it’s dead boring and not because you don’t think you can do it 😀

Why is the Harley Davidson riding a wave, though?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I try to not do any script in a true straight line. It moves with the body better with a bit of a curve and looks less static. I was turning it down because I didn’t have the confidence to do it. With a picture you have a little bit of wiggle room with lines and can fix things with second passes and color/shading. With script it has to be perfect the first time every time. I don’t think it’s boring at all. In fact, my machine starts sounding like a cash register when I do script. It’s quick, easy, and makes me money. Same with tribal.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hah. Well, if you turn it out at least this good every time, I’d say you’re ready to start printing cash with your machine.

There aren’t many bad spots in that at all. I think I see maybe 4 in total that aren’t perfect.

…and those spots might easily get better once it heals, too.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

just out of interest, have you ever done any photorealist stuff or butterflies? 🙂 x

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.