American Infidel
Participant
@american-infidel

Start out small when tattooing. your lines are a little janky (like the death from above) but not to be that they cant be fixed. Keep working at it champ!! 🙂

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

That “Death From Above” tattoo was the first one I ever did. That was like 5 months ago. It was bad. I asked him if he wanted me to fix it up a bit. He declined. He said he wants to keep it as is so he can periodically show me how far I’ve come. I’ve seen Tommy Lee Wendtner’s first tattoo ever and it’s probably worse than mine. Everyone starts somewhere. The important thing is that I’ve got the proper guidance and I work in a respected licensed shop.

American Infidel
Participant
@american-infidel

yea im diggin the flowers. totally rad!!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

First sitting on this tiny little tattoo. Just roughing it in right now. The shading is going to define most of the detail. Most of the lines were a light grey wash for future reference and will heal super light. She’ll be back in a month.

6d90e861.jpg

So much for starting off small…

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Damn dude that is an awesome tatt!!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It almost looks like two different people did the line work, The bottom is nice and clean and crisp but the top is a bit wonky.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat
buttwheat;103593 wrote:
It almost looks like two different people did the line work, The bottom is nice and clean and crisp but the top is a bit wonky.

That’s because of the grey-lining and the tiny needle grouping. Like I said, had to get it roughed in. Next sitting is going to be finessing and shading the bits together. I promise it will kick butt.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
DavidJednat;103607 wrote:
That’s because of the grey-lining and the tiny needle grouping. Like I said, had to get it roughed in. Next sitting is going to be finessing and shading the bits together. I promise it will kick butt.

No it already looks kick ass, sorry if I forgot to mention that. It’s pretty cool sitting here and watching you progress into a tattoo artist.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Thanks dude. And don’t worry about critiquing me. I have thick skin and take any suggestions I can get. I’m a work in progress and I need all the help I can get.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
buttwheat;103593 wrote:

U must be my ugly twin brother. I was thinkin the same thing!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

First sitting. Kappa design by Jack Mosher.

200c6588.jpg

clay1680
@

Nice i really like the design even though some lines do look a bit wonky i think this wil turn out great once shaded and probly wont even be noticable. your work has been improving greatly since your first and honestly cant wait to see what else comes out from you

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Dude came in and asked for a torn skin tattoo with “real tree” camouflage underneath.

8663bd0d.jpg

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

that looks badass!!!

i need to book time with you in the future before you become uber-famous with people lining-up for appointments! do tattooforum-ers get discounts?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Thanks for the high praise! It’ll be a while before I’m really any good. Even though I do hope to be world class one day I don’t need to get rich tattooing. I’m just happy to do something I love.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.