Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Doesn’t look like I’ll be getting any of the recommended artists, but no one looks particularly bad imo, so I think I’ll still go and see what the remaining artists can do.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Amazingly enough…I still haven’t gotten anything done. The Pangburn and the other artists I was talking too basically broke off communication with me no matter what I tried…I move to Boston in a week, does anyone know of any artists there I should check out?

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Think of something like a Kick-ass full back piece like fantasy or something would be awesome. Save and spend like a good £2000 on your back.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Again, you were being really difficult with Pangburn so you can’t really blame him. I know that waasn’t your intent but it should have simply been “I want this fixed or covered up. Are you interested?” and if his answer was yes, then book the appointment. The better artists won’t waste time with someone who isn’t sure about what they want. Thanks for keeping us updated. None of them are likely to to be willing to fix someone else’s work either; cover-up or nothing. I’m looking forward to seeing it fixed when you eventually get it done.

btw, in the New England area, there are tons of great artists. Maybe someone at Off the Map can help you out .. either one of the resident artists or one of the many great guest artists they have. FYI, Remis and Rema are already fully booked and Terry Ribera isn’t doing tats while he’s there.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
Phoenix5;94838 wrote:
Amazingly enough…I still haven’t gotten anything done. The Pangburn and the other artists I was talking too basically broke off communication with me no matter what I tried…I move to Boston in a week, does anyone know of any artists there I should check out?

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

The Boston Tattoo Convention is the weekend after next (Labor Day). You should check it out. 4 days, 100+ artists – plenty of portfolios to look at and maybe could talk to a few.

http://bostontattooconvention.com/

Adler
Participant
@adler
Wardy;94876 wrote:
Think of something like a Kick-ass full back piece like fantasy or something would be awesome. Save and spend like a good £2000 on your back.

This advice coming from someone who just got a ridiculous, free finger tattoo. Ironic.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
D3FiANC3;94886 wrote:
Again, you were being really difficult with Pangburn so you can’t really blame him. I know that waasn’t your intent but it should have simply been “I want this fixed or covered up. Are you interested?” and if his answer was yes, then book the appointment. The better artists won’t waste time with someone who isn’t sure about what they want. Thanks for keeping us updated. None of them are likely to to be willing to fix someone else’s work either; cover-up or nothing. I’m looking forward to seeing it fixed when you eventually get it done.

btw, in the New England area, there are tons of great artists. Maybe someone at Off the Map can help you out .. either one of the resident artists or one of the many great guest artists they have. FYI, Remis and Rema are already fully booked and Terry Ribera isn’t doing tats while he’s there.

i agree with defiance here…

what was your hesitation to agree to full back piece anyway? i think when he replied to you and said it has to be a full back piece cover-up you could have booked an appointment right away… i think you should drop your conviction that it can still be touched-up as a phoenix or within the phoenix area only…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;94889 wrote:
This advice coming from someone who just got a ridiculous, free finger tattoo. Ironic.

why it’s good honest advice? It doesn’t matter what i have tattoo’d i never got it for other people to like.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Wardy;94920 wrote:
why it’s good honest advice? It doesn’t matter what i have tattoo’d i never got it for other people to like.

In my personal opinion it matters. For me, if I’m getting advice on tattoos and what might look good I’d rather get that advice from someone who has taken their own advice and got nice tattoos themselves. If I see someone with what I consider trashy looking tattoos (and next a banner with a fiance’s name), their opinion on what looks good wouldn’t mean anything to me. If you think a crappy looking tattoo on your finger looks “fucking awesome” that’s obviously your right, but to me that shows you have no appreciation for nice art and tattoos so I wouldn’t take your opinion to mean much. Others may not care and that’s fine, but again in my personal opinion it matters. It’s your body and you get whatever you want but as far as giving advice I wouldn’t take it seriously.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;94933 wrote:
In my personal opinion it matters. For me, if I’m getting advice on tattoos and what might look good I’d rather get that advice from someone who has taken their own advice and got nice tattoos themselves. If I see someone with what I consider trashy looking tattoos (and next a banner with a fiance’s name), their opinion on what looks good wouldn’t mean anything to me. If you think a crappy looking tattoo on your finger looks “fucking awesome” that’s obviously your right, but to me that shows you have no appreciation for nice art and tattoos so I wouldn’t take your opinion to mean much. Others may not care and that’s fine, but again in my personal opinion it matters. It’s your body and you get whatever you want but as far as giving advice I wouldn’t take it seriously.

Well that’s fine mate, theres no need to make it personal though is there. Everybody likes different things.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Probably came across more harsh than intended, it’s been one of those days.

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

My sympathies.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;94886 wrote:

xanderx;94905 wrote:
i agree with defiance here…

what was your hesitation to agree to full back piece anyway? i think when he replied to you and said it has to be a full back piece cover-up you could have booked an appointment right away… i think you should drop your conviction that it can still be touched-up as a phoenix or within the phoenix area only…

Fair enough, I was hesitant about a back piece, but I wasn’t dead set against it. He informed me a month ago that he will be busy moving his studio until the middle of august, and after that I could get a consult. I made it clear in one of the later e-mails that I would go in open minded, and that I understand that he might not be able to do exactly as I want, but he still hasn’t gotten back to me. I’ve sent a few e-mails but it looks hopeless.

The updates are no problem, I’m just really grateful for all the help. I’ll definitely post the final results.

I’ll start doing some research, though with the incoming hurricane I might not get there for a while.

Wardy;94876 wrote:

Thats…Not what I want. At all.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Have you tried contacting Johnny Thief at Seppuku Tattoo? He seems to do quite a few cover-ups. He’s quite good imho, but doesn’t have that world class rep so he should be easier to book.

collage_lb_image_page8_40_1.png

Here’s a cover-up he did:

aufp50.jpg

Joink
Participant
@joink

That’s a good coverup. I wish my wife and I had been smarter about her coverup.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.