yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

nowhere near as good as tim .but he isnt BAD. i dont see any coverup work in his portfolio either…

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Personaly, what Tommy on Bayside does….. I hate it. It´s simple, not that creative with overall ideas… You can find better.
ttt_chestpiece.jpg

But I guess he won´t charge as much as other artists thou, that´s a pluss.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
yodaddynukka;91518 wrote:
nowhere near as good as tim .but he isnt BAD. i dont see any coverup work in his portfolio either…

I’m not 100% about a cover up, I think it’s fixable, but I don’t know to what extent. Though I did see cover ups in his full portfolio at the shop.

I’m going to a Tattoo Convention on the 30th to see if there’s anyone there that would be suitable, but I’m not sold on it.

http://worldtattooevents.com/m/events/view/Visionary-Tattoo-Arts-Festival

Anyone recognize any of the artists or think there would be anyone in particular that would be good?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

S

Phoenix5;92341 wrote:
I’m not 100% about a cover up, I think it’s fixable, but I don’t know to what extent. Though I did see cover ups in his full portfolio at the shop.

I’m going to a Tattoo Convention on the 30th to see if there’s anyone there that would be suitable, but I’m not sold on it.

http://worldtattooevents.com/m/events/view/Visionary-Tattoo-Arts-Festival

Anyone recognize any of the artists or think there would be anyone in particular that would be good?

I see a few good artists. I may have missed a couple and a a few i mention might not be the same style u are looking for, but u can check them out and decide:

Tim kern
Timmy b
Sean zee
Myke chambers
Daniel pokorny
Dan henk
Billi vegas
Caesar

And out of those artists my recommendation would be tim kern.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
yodaddynukka;92342 wrote:
S

I see a few good artists. I may have missed a couple and a a few i mention might not be the same style u are looking for, but u can check them out and decide:

Tim kern
Timmy b
Sean zee
Myke chambers
Daniel pokorny
Dan henk
Billi vegas
Caesar

I’m guessing those are just artists you suggest and not ones that will be at the convention.

Looking at some of their work just makes me more angry that I didn’t go with one of them from the start, and now what they can do will be very limited.

Tim Kern’s work is amazing by the way.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Phoenix5;92346 wrote:
I’m guessing those are just artists you suggest and not ones that will be at the convention.

Did you even look at the convention link you yourself posted?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
ArniVidar;92347 wrote:

Haha. Yeah these guys are going to be at the convention.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
ArniVidar;92347 wrote:
yodaddynukka;92359 wrote:
Haha. Yeah these guys are going to be at the convention.

Yeah? I looked and only saw 2 or 3 of the guys listed. Maybe there were only a handful listed on the page I was looking at.

I’ve obviously never been to a convention before, so what the artists are all set up in different areas and you just go and talk to them about what you want done?

Edit: Aaaah didn’t follow the link to the main site, guess I’ll check out the rest of those guys.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Best thing to do is research all the artists u want work from and contact them before, earlier the better, the convention.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
yodaddynukka;92342 wrote:
S

Tim kern
Timmy b
Sean zee
Myke chambers
Daniel pokorny
Dan henk
Billi vegas
Caesar

I’ll add 2 to that list:

Christian Perez
James Kern

James is exceptional just like his brother imho.

Phoenix5;92381 wrote:
I’ve obviously never been to a convention before, so what the artists are all set up in different areas and you just go and talk to them about what you want done?

Most of the really good artists will have convention slots booked well before the convention so I would contact them ASAP as yodaddynukka said. Tim and James Kern are virtually impossible to even get ahold of and are very selective about what they’ll do so I’d all but write them off for this particular piece.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
D3FiANC3;92392 wrote:
Most of the really good artists will have convention slots booked well before the convention so I would contact them ASAP as yodaddynukka said.

I would agree with this in the most part. But if you don’t get an appointment don’t give up, go anyways. Last year at the Seattle tattoo expo I was getting a piece done by Fat across from Paul Acker and he didn’t have anyone all day.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Well I’ve contacted both Kerns, Timmy B, and Pokorny. Pokorny is booked for the weekend but said he would contact me if anything opens up. Haven’t heard from the others yet.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Along with who Yodaddy suggested. I like Christian Perez https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1238554670

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
buttwheat;92456 wrote:
Along with who Yodaddy suggested. I like Christian Perez https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1238554670

Not sure if what I need is up his alley but he has nice work, I’ll probably send him an e-mail to see what he thinks about it.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;92458 wrote:
Not sure if what I need is up his alley but he has nice work, I’ll probably send him an e-mail to see what he thinks about it.

He shouldn’t be that far from you even if you had to head up to the shop (if you were willing). Hope Gallery is a really nice shop also.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.