Amok
Participant
@amok
Phoenix5;96989 wrote:
I know this may sound weird but I’m not looking for the worlds greatest back piece. I’m not a tattoo enthusiast, I just want a good looking phoenix that won’t cost me an arm and a leg. I’m not trying to impress anyone with a spectacular tattoo, I just want to be happy with it myself. And for that I don’t think I need an entire new cover up, I think a big adjustment will do.

Honestly mate you’ve been given a ton of great advice here, don’t ignore it or you’ll end up with a larger, more expensive bad tattoo that you’ll never be able to fix.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

to be fair just get white boy on your finger if you want to impress

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;96989 wrote:
I know this may sound weird but I’m not looking for the worlds greatest back piece. I’m not a tattoo enthusiast, I just want a good looking phoenix that won’t cost me an arm and a leg. I’m not trying to impress anyone with a spectacular tattoo, I just want to be happy with it myself. And for that I don’t think I need an entire new cover up, I think a big adjustment will do.

Well there’s a hell of a lot of distance between what you have now and spectacular. You don’t need to be an enthusiast to see that this piece is A1 scratcher work. As we have said before, no respectable artist is going to do some minor adjustments to someone else’s work and that aside, this piece needs a hell of a lot more than some minor adjustments anyway. If this was on a canvas instead of your back, someone would have taken a torch to it a long time ago.

You’ve gotten a lot of good advice here and so far, have continued to reject it because it’s not what you want to hear. Meanwhile, that same mentality is exactly what got you into this predicament because I’ll bet you only paid about 1/5th to 1/10th of what a piece like this should have cost you in the first place. It’s been 4 months since you posted this thread and you’re still spinning your wheels.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Just remember it is a lot harder to fix a tattoo the second time.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Figured I’d get crucified for that post but it’s what I’m feeling.

D3FiANC3;96998 wrote:
Well there’s a hell of a lot of distance between what you have now and spectacular. You don’t need to be an enthusiast to see that this piece is A1 scratcher work. As we have said before, no respectable artist is going to do some minor adjustments to someone else’s work and that aside, this piece needs a hell of a lot more than some minor adjustments anyway. If this was on a canvas instead of your back, someone would have taken a torch to it a long time ago.

You’ve gotten a lot of good advice here and so far, have continued to reject it because it’s not what you want to hear. Meanwhile, that same mentality is exactly what got you into this predicament because I’ll bet you only paid about 1/5th to 1/10th of what a piece like this should have cost you in the first place. It’s been 4 months since you posted this thread and you’re still spinning your wheels.

I’m fully aware of that, and I am appreciative of the advice and I’ve attempted to follow up on it and it just hasn’t worked out. I just feel like I have a lot more options than traveling half way across the state to that one specific shop.

Trust me I know how long its been, I just saw the starting date of this thread a few days ago and cringed, but I’m not trying to rush into it again. I’ve tried to get in contact with Pangburn again and when I get back to Jersey over Thanksgiving break I’d like to consult with him and possibly set something up during my Winter Vacation but he just stopped replying to my messages a while ago and not sure what to do about it.

I just feel like there has to be someone in my traveling range that I can go to that will be able to fix it without going the cover up route.

buttwheat;97020 wrote:
Just remember it is a lot harder to fix a tattoo the second time.

I don’t plan on running in blind but I appreciate the advice.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;97024 wrote:
I just feel like I have a lot more options than traveling half way across the state to that one specific shop.

Oh you absolutely do and I wasn’t suggesting that you need to do that. I was simply saying that limiting your choices based strictly on proximity is likely to backfire. However, your unrealistic budget is really the limiting factor here.

Phoenix5;97024 wrote:
I just feel like there has to be someone in my traveling range that I can go to that will be able to fix it without going the cover up route.

I think the important part that you’re missing here is that there is a sort of code of conduct amongst artists regarding another artist’s work. Generally, they cover it up or they leave it alone. Granted, there are certainly guys who will touch up someone else’s work, but generally speaking these are the guys who don’t have much demand for their work. Now maybe, considering just how god awful this piece is, someone will make an exception – but I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. As for Pangburn, I can’t imagine that he would ever be willing to do that and $1K certainly isn’t going to cover it anyway.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

just wait and save up until you can afford a cover up. rushing/penny pinching is what got you u into this mess in the first place.

BoltThrower
Participant
@boltthrower
Phoenix5;96989 wrote:

it is shocking how dense you are. your tattoo is one of the worst ever tattooed on someone in the world. what makes it so bad is the huge size and hideous colors. that tattoo maked you look like a clown bro. you think it just needs a touch up? are you insane?

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

It looks like a goose with downs that shits fire. If you just go for a “touch up” it will look like a goose with downs that shits fire, but got a slightly better colorscheme going on.
This needs a fucking cover-up, and if you’re too dumb to see this, then you deserve the hell you’re getting from getting a scratcher to “touch it up a little”.

First in this thread, I felt sorry for you, but now when I see that you’ve given up… I don’t care anymore.
or… in some way, I hope that it all fucks up for you, so you finally will realise that you should’ve listened to the experienced people in this forum.

(kind of drunk, so my english is a bit off…=)

AlexanderWilliam
Participant
@alexanderwilliam

Okay, it seems to be horrible. The tattoo artist has done the blunder. You should now consult with an experienced tattoo artist who can help you in the cover up tattoo so that you can hide the flaws of the existing one. The Cover Up tattoo is quite popular these days. However, the tattoo design should be in such a manner that helps in hiding the flaws of the existing tattoo style.

snoss
Participant
@snoss

Any ideas for a cover up for a hakuna matata tattoo on the back of my shoulder

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.