#112385
anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;96905 wrote:
I’ve been suggested 3 parlors and a lot of the artists look pretty good but figure I’ll get another opinion.

http://www.stingraybodyart.com/

http://pumpkintattoo.com/

http://www.redemptiontattoo.com/2/Artist.asp?ArtistID=28105&Akey=XAPSX3K7

Pumpkin … works looks clean, but certainly nothing exceptional out of any of these guys.

Redemption … better than Pumpkin, though again, nothing phenomenal. Also, it looks like virtually all traditional work, which your phoenix is not.

Stingray … I only went through the first 5 artists. Definitely not impressed with these guys.

With all of the fantastic artists in New England, there’s definitely no need to settle. Pretty much anyone at Off the Map could do better than any of the guys at all 3 of those shops.

#112407
Adler
Participant
@adler

I think Erick Lynch at Redemption is a very good tattoo artist, but like the above said it’s mostly traditional.

#112429
Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;96915 wrote:
Pumpkin … works looks clean, but certainly nothing exceptional out of any of these guys.

Redemption … better than Pumpkin, though again, nothing phenomenal. Also, it looks like virtually all traditional work, which your phoenix is not.

Stingray … I only went through the first 5 artists. Definitely not impressed with these guys.

With all of the fantastic artists in New England, there’s definitely no need to settle. Pretty much anyone at Off the Map could do better than any of the guys at all 3 of those shops.

Off the Map is on the other side of the state, and without a car there’s no way I could get there.

#112430
anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Rent one then. :/

#112432
Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;96964 wrote:
Rent one then. :/

I’m a Poor College Student….

I have about 1000 to my name and that’s going towards the tattoo. I’d rather find something somewhat in the area or reachable by subway than blow a chunk of the money on car rentals or cab fair.

#112433
Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;96964 wrote:
Rent one then. :/

good point yo!

#112436
anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;96966 wrote:
I’m a Poor College Student….

I have about 1000 to my name and that’s going towards the tattoo. I’d rather find something somewhat in the area or reachable by subway than blow a chunk of the money on car rentals or cab fair.

OK, I can understand that, considering that I ate ramen noodles about 3x a day while I was in college. However, $1K for an entire back piece doesn’t seem terribly realistic if you want a good artist anyway. You kind of put yourself in a pickle here. Has anyone provided you with an estimate of what it would cost to do that whole thing? Maybe ask Lynch at Redemption if he could transform it into a traditional piece and see what it would cost.

#112442
Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Might be none of my business but… If you are a poor college student it seem’s a bit stupid spending all your money on fixing your tattoo. Yes get it fixed BUT the tattoo isn’t going to go anywhere just get it done when your a bit better off with money when your in a full time job for example ๐Ÿ™‚

Just seem’s like the more common sense thing to do considering the tattoo isn’t going to go anywhere :)….. Saying that what would i know i have “white boy” on the side of my finger ๐Ÿ˜‰

#112444
NickPrender
Participant
@nickprender

Come to timeless in Everett. We have covered worse. Contact me for more info. A whole back piece however is more than 1k. Depending.

#112446
Talisman
Participant
@talisman

Save your pennies man, rushing in now will lose that back up cash to help you get through study. Get that job first, then start looking to fix it. By then your ideas for the cover up will improve

#112447
Adler
Participant
@adler
Wardy;96977 wrote:
Might be none of my business but… If you are a poor college student it seem’s a bit stupid spending all your money on fixing your tattoo. Yes get it fixed BUT the tattoo isn’t going to go anywhere just get it done when your a bit better off with money when your in a full time job for example ๐Ÿ™‚

Just seem’s like the more common sense thing to do considering the tattoo isn’t going to go anywhere :)….. Saying that what would i know i have “white boy” on the side of my finger ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m glad I was sitting down for this…Wardy did you just offer sound tattoo advice based on common sense?! I’m impressed but also a little confused…c’mon you have a reputation to uphold, you wouldn’t want to blow that now, would you? ๐Ÿ˜€

Just kidding of course, actually good advice. If you’re not financially ready for the investment, maybe it’s better if you wait. Only you know where you’re at though, just plan your priorities accordingly.

#112448
Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;96983 wrote:
I’m glad I was sitting down for this…Wardy did you just offer sound tattoo advice based on common sense?! I’m impressed but also a little confused…c’mon you have a reputation to uphold, you wouldn’t want to blow that now, would you? ๐Ÿ˜€

Just kidding of course, actually good advice. If you’re not financially ready for the investment, maybe it’s better if you wait. Only you know where you’re at though, just plan your priorities accordingly.

haha ๐Ÿ˜› thanks man ๐Ÿ˜Ž

#112453
Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

I know this may sound weird but I’m not looking for the worlds greatest back piece. I’m not a tattoo enthusiast, I just want a good looking phoenix that won’t cost me an arm and a leg. I’m not trying to impress anyone with a spectacular tattoo, I just want to be happy with it myself. And for that I don’t think I need an entire new cover up, I think a big adjustment will do.

#112454
BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

So keep this fucking amazing masterpiece that you got on your back now, as it is.

#112456
Joink
Participant
@joink

Well, it’s definitely not going to impress anyone so you’re good there. Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on that phoenix?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.