Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
buttwheat;86146 wrote:
Never feel that you are obligated to an artist just because they drew something up for you. I have looked at drawings and said “no thanks man heres an extra twenty for your trouble”.
The guy that you have doing your sketch at Electric is probably the weakest guy there but his work does look solid and will probably do a great job at it. I think he will be more eager to do a great job on fixing this then someone that has a waiting list.

What makes you say that? I’ve talked to a few different artists of those suggested to me today, Sean Zee saying that his friend could remove some of the black outlining and set it up for him to take care of and the other’s secretary(?) that I could try to put in an appointment for August by calling as early as possible June 1st, but I don’t really see how that determines their enthusiasm.

I’m not accusing you of being wrong, but don’t really understand where you’re coming from.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Most great tattooist with waiting list aren’t going to want to fix someone else’s work unless they specialize in cover ups. Just because they have less to gain from working on someones crappy tattoo work so they may not want to do it. (the actuality of having a waiting list really has nothing to do with anything just a way I was trying to describe a better artist). Just saying you should also allow enthusiasm to do it to weigh in your decision on your artist.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Sean Zee did my first tattoo when he was working out of CT a few years ago, I wish I knew then what I do now and would have given him more freedom. What’s his portfolio looking like lately, since he went primarily to facebook I haven’t kept up. (Don’t say it, buttwheat!)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;86120 wrote:
Well my only options are people locally in New Jersey and maybe I could travel to NY but that’s about it.

Pangburn is in Philly, which can’t be too far from you no matter where you are in NJ.

Adler;86131 wrote:

+1. I don’t know how he would feel about doing a cover-up, but Chris Adamek is quite good.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
buttwheat;86151 wrote:
Most great tattooist with waiting list aren’t going to want to fix someone else’s work unless they specialize in cover ups. Just because they have less to gain from working on someones crappy tattoo work so they may not want to do it. (the actuality of having a waiting list really has nothing to do with anything just a way I was trying to describe a better artist). Just saying you should also allow enthusiasm to do it to weigh in your decision on your artist.

Thanks for the advice, most of the people I’ve gone to haven’t been too enthusiastic.

Adler;86152 wrote:
Sean Zee did my first tattoo when he was working out of CT a few years ago, I wish I knew then what I do now and would have given him more freedom. What’s his portfolio looking like lately, since he went primarily to facebook I haven’t kept up. (Don’t say it, buttwheat!)

His work was very impressive, like you said his colored work is great.

D3FiANC3;86158 wrote:
Pangburn is in Philly, which can’t be too far from you no matter where you are in NJ.

Yeah it’s about an hour away for me, I just sent him a message, hopefully he’ll be more helpful than the others that I’ve contacted.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Phoenix5;86174 wrote:
Yeah it’s about an hour away for me, I just sent him a message, hopefully he’ll be more helpful than the others that I’ve contacted.

He’s actually a member of this forum, although he doesn’t appear much on here. I say that’s the mark of someone that’s truly enthusiastic about the tattoo scene.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
ArniVidar;86181 wrote:
He’s actually a member of this forum, although he doesn’t appear much on here. I say that’s the mark of someone that’s truly enthusiastic about the tattoo scene.

Oh wow had no idea, and I definitely agree.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah Pangburn is fantastic and known for his impressive coverups. I’m curious to see if he’ll be interested in fixing it or doing and entire cover.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

http://timpangburn.com/updates/?page_id=9
Panburn looks like he’s a cover-up wizard. I envy his skills badly.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Should I try going tanning or something to fade the tattoo? Or would that be pointless.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;86187 wrote:
Should I try going tanning or something to fade the tattoo? Or would that be pointless.

The best time for that would have been right after getting it. At this point, I think it would be pointless as it would take a heck of a lot of tanning to fade it enough where it would make a difference.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Depends on how long ago it healed, but no..tanningis never pointless if you want to be rid of it. Whether it will do anything at all to it in the time it takes you to get it fixed, however, is a question.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
ArniVidar;86193 wrote:
Depends on how long ago it healed, but no..tanningis never pointless if you want to be rid of it. Whether it will do anything at all to it in the time it takes you to get it fixed, however, is a question.

I believe it is just about healed and it really depends on where I end up going for how long it will take. I think Pangburn is booked until June but if he would be able to do the job I would definitely go with him, I’ll just have to wait a few days for him to get back to me.

My other two options are Southside and Electric where I’m visiting in the next few days to see their sketches so I’ll have to figure out who I’m having do it before I bother going tanning or not.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I guarantee u with tim victim, u wont need to lighten it up. He can make a pile of dog shit look like gold.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;86199 wrote:
I believe it is just about healed and it really depends on where I end up going for how long it will take. I think Pangburn is booked until June but if he would be able to do the job I would definitely go with him, I’ll just have to wait a few days for him to get back to me.

My other two options are Southside and Electric where I’m visiting in the next few days to see their sketches so I’ll have to figure out who I’m having do it before I bother going tanning or not.

Pangburn specializes in cover-ups so given the choice, it’s well worth the very short wait. There are artists booked for years so a month or two is nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.