Adler
Participant
@adler
yodaddynukka;86093 wrote:
ill take being a douche bag over having that on my back any day. for the record, i tried following up the sarcasm with a helpful post (just in case anyone out there is pulling out the ban hammer).

Man, you can’t win can you? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Is there any rule against naming the artists of work like this?
People with awesome tattoos give links to their artists all the time, so why not in these cases? hm?

And for the topic. Don’t go back to this guy. I’ve read stories like this way so many times.
Someone gets a crappy tattoo, and they go back to the same artist to get it fixed. He fucks it up more,
and some even go back a third time to have it fixed. The end result is that you’ll have a big blobb.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
buttwheat;86090 wrote:
Dude I’m sorry you got a mess of a tattoo but rushing into “getting it fixed” is most likely got to get you a bigger pile of shit that will even be harder to fix. Save your money and get it fixed correctly with a proper cover up. post up a link to the artist you are planning to use. There are some serious tattoo enthusiasts here and can tell you if they are going to be able to pull this off. Think before you ink.
Did you just have someone in a drug store take a picture of your back?

Well my only options are people locally in New Jersey and maybe I could travel to NY but that’s about it. I don’t really think money will be a problem if I go in multiple sittings. About 500 a sitting I would be able to swing. I don’t know if you meant post them here or make a new thread but I guess I’ll just go here.

I have gone to two parlors and they are sketching for me, I plan on checking in on one this weekend and I have an appointment monday for the other. Here are the links to their sites.

http://electrictattoonj.com/home.html

I have Rich Heller (Under the “Tattoos” tab) sketching for me.

And here’s the site for the other parlor.

http://www.southsidetattoo.net/id1.html

If anyone has any feedback it’d be much appreciated, and thanks for the help buttwheat. Also yeah its a drug store, I work there, it was slow and figured I’d get a picture to post up then.

BertNaked;86107 wrote:
And for the topic. Don’t go back to this guy. I’ve read stories like this way so many times.
Someone gets a crappy tattoo, and they go back to the same artist to get it fixed. He fucks it up more,
and some even go back a third time to have it fixed. The end result is that you’ll have a big blobb.

Thanks, but I wasn’t anyway. He offered any adjustments for free but I didn’t see that ending well.

TattooSeal
Participant
@tattooseal

This is a sad tattoo. I’m sorry you got yourself into this, but making a quck-fix decision isn’t going to bail you out. If I were you I would work overtime, cut out luxuries like beer and alcohol, eat rice and beans for 3 months and sleep at my friend’s or parent’s house to scrounge enough money to be able to afford to travel to a solid, well-known and respected tattoo artist. Also, you might think about getting your money back.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
TattooSeal;86124 wrote:
This is a sad tattoo. I’m sorry you got yourself into this, but making a quck-fix decision isn’t going to bail you out. If I were you I would work overtime, cut out luxuries like beer and alcohol, eat rice and beans for 3 months and sleep at my friend’s or parent’s house to scrounge enough money to be able to afford to travel to a solid, well-known and respected tattoo artist. Also, you might think about getting your money back.

So you’re saying that there are absolutely no good tattoo artists in the NJ/NY area…?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Story of my life, sir.

Edit: forgot to quote adler.

Double edit: there are tons os awesome artists in nj/ny. Moreso in ny. Check out kings ave or ny or brooklyn adorned for starters.

TattooSeal
Participant
@tattooseal

Of course there are. I’m just saying find the artist first then figure out how to afford it.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
yodaddynukka;86128 wrote:
Story of my life, sir.

Edit: forgot to quote adler.

Double edit: there are tons os awesome artists in nj/ny. Moreso in ny. Check out kings ave or ny or brooklyn adorned for starters.

Thanks, but do you know of (or if there any) places that specialize in what I need? Or does it not matter as long as they are a good artist. Seeing as it’s light I don’t think it should be too difficult to go over.

TattooSeal;86129 wrote:
Of course there are. I’m just saying find the artist first then figure out how to afford it.

Ok, thanks.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Electric Tattoo in NJ has some excellent artists, unfortunately the artist doing your sketch isn’t really one of them. If you want to go to a great artist in NJ, try looking up Sean Zee. I’m not sure exactly where he’s at and I don’t know if he keeps up with a website but trust me he’s incredible, especially with color pieces. He probably uses facebook but I don’t so I can’t help you there.

Also, try:
http://www.immortalink.com/
http://www.evolutiontattoo.com/bill.html

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
Adler;86131 wrote:
Electric Tattoo in NJ has some excellent artists, unfortunately the artist doing your sketch isn’t really one of them. If you want to go to a great artist in NJ, try looking up Sean Zee. I’m not sure exactly where he’s at and I don’t know if he keeps up with a website but trust me he’s incredible, especially with color pieces. He probably uses facebook but I don’t so I can’t help you there.

Also, try:
http://www.immortalink.com/
http://www.evolutiontattoo.com/bill.html

Funny you say that, I just e-mailed Chris Adamek from immortalink today. I’ll research Sean Zee but since I have an appointment at Electric Tattoo Monday and have already put a deposit in which artist do you think I should choose to talk to? Though the one I was recommended to is already working on a sketch if there’s a better choice I’d like to know.

Adler
Participant
@adler

To be honest, I doubt you’ll hear from Chris Adamek. He’s booked pretty far out and he’s selective as to the projects he’ll take on. From Electric, Yak, Schweigert or Ryan are all real good although they do a lot of more traditional stuff. The more I think, William Webb at Evolution or Sean Zee would be great because their use of colors is incredible and their style would fit. But since you’ve already left a deposit with Heller you may not have a choice now.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
Adler;86135 wrote:
To be honest, I doubt you’ll hear from Chris Adamek. He’s booked pretty far out and he’s selective as to the projects he’ll take on. From Electric, Yak, Schweigert or Ryan are all real good although they do a lot of more traditional stuff. The more I think, William Webb at Evolution or Sean Zee would be great because their use of colors is incredible and their style would fit. But since you’ve already left a deposit with Heller you may not have a choice now.

Of course, everyone but the one I left my deposit with. I guess I’ll see when I get there. I e-mailed Evolution and tried to contact Zee (or who I think is Zee) on facebook.

Adler
Participant
@adler

It’s not like Heller is terrible, I just think he’s not quite as good as some of the others I mentioned. Not everyone will be willing to fix someone else’s work, too, without doing a complete coverup. Besides, anyone that’s been mentioned is better than the original artist of that piece anyway so regardless it’s going to be an improvement.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
Adler;86137 wrote:
It’s not like Heller is terrible, I just think he’s not quite as good as some of the others I mentioned. Not everyone will be willing to fix someone else’s work, too, without doing a complete coverup. Besides, anyone that’s been mentioned is better than the original artist of that piece anyway so regardless it’s going to be an improvement.

That’s true, I won’t make any judgments until I see what he has sketched up. If I don’t have to blow 40 dollars that’d be a plus but I’m not going to let it tie me down.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Never feel that you are obligated to an artist just because they drew something up for you. I have looked at drawings and said “no thanks man heres an extra twenty for your trouble”.
The guy that you have doing your sketch at Electric is probably the weakest guy there but his work does look solid and will probably do a great job at it. I think he will be more eager to do a great job on fixing this then someone that has a waiting list.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.