Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;86611 wrote:
What happened with Pangburn?

See my post above. I just can’t get a response from him for some reason.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Perhaps he’s simply not interested in it, or hasn’t had the time to look at it. I would hope that he’s the kind of guy that would at least contact you and let you know he doesn’t want to do it, if that’s the case.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Some artist take awhile to get back to you. Be persistent but not so much that your a bother. try to reach him every couple of weeks. Call him. Drive to the shop (make sure he’s there before setting off on an adventure)

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
Phoenix5;86120 wrote:
Well my only options are people locally in New Jersey and maybe I could travel to NY but that’s about it. I don’t really think money will be a problem if I go in multiple sittings. About 500 a sitting I would be able to swing. I don’t know if you meant post them here or make a new thread but I guess I’ll just go here.

I have gone to two parlors and they are sketching for me, I plan on checking in on one this weekend and I have an appointment monday for the other. Here are the links to their sites.

http://electrictattoonj.com/home.html

I have Rich Heller (Under the “Tattoos” tab) sketching for me.

And here’s the site for the other parlor.

http://www.southsidetattoo.net/id1.html

If anyone has any feedback it’d be much appreciated, and thanks for the help buttwheat. Also yeah its a drug store, I work there, it was slow and figured I’d get a picture to post up then.

Thanks, but I wasn’t anyway. He offered any adjustments for free but I didn’t see that ending well.

There are far better artists that the one sketching for you this would be a mistake. The jesus he did is pretty bad.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Phoenix5;86608 wrote:
Well I messaged Tim through his website, waited a few days, and then sent a similar message along with a friend request on facebook. He accepted my friend request but didn’t reply to my message -_-

I guess I’ll shoot him another message tomorrow if he still hasn’t replied.

D3FiANC3;86611 wrote:
What happened with Pangburn?

read the post above you. tim is pangburn. tim “victim” pangburn.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

So Pangburn got back to me and said he could do it, but said I would have to do my entire back. Not sure if I’m looking for a full blown back piece, was hoping that he could do it but simply make it a bit larger if need be. Don’t know what to do.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
yodaddynukka;86654 wrote:
read the post above you. tim is pangburn. tim “victim” pangburn.

Yep, I know who he is … just missed the post above mine. 😮

Phoenix5;86656 wrote:
So Pangburn got back to me and said he could do it, but said I would have to do my entire back. Not sure if I’m looking for a full blown back piece, was hoping that he could do it but simply make it a bit larger if need be. Don’t know what to do.

I would at least let him show you what he has in mind. Even if it costs a few bucks for his time, it’s worth it imho.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;86658 wrote:
Yep, I know who he is … just missed the post above mine. 😮

I would at least let him show you what he has in mind. Even if it costs a few bucks for his time, it’s worth it imho.

Hm, I think I’ll ask him if he could possibly keep it to just my upper/mid back but I’ll have him sketch what he was planning either way.

How would I go about paying him for the sketch without going all the way down to Philadelphia? I recently got a debit card after all of the money in my home was stolen, so is there a way to use that or would I need a pay pal?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

You would have to ask him that. Paypal accounts are free though and actually, you can use a debit/credit card via Paypal without even signing up.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Tim will do it and you have to think about it? Of coarse he will have to do almost a full back piece to cover it. In case you forgot what your tattoo looks like:

2rdyn3n.jpg

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
buttwheat;86684 wrote:
Tim will do it and you have to think about it? Of coarse he will have to do almost a full back piece to cover it. In case you forgot what your tattoo looks like:

Well I don’t see why he can’t just go a little bigger as the wing span is already at its maximum length, so the only way to go bigger is to go further down which could look strange.

I don’t know but even if he has to go bigger I’m still going to pay him to sketch for me. He would probably have a problem e-mailing me his sketch though, as most tattoo artists don’t feel comfortable giving copies of their work out.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, it would always have to go higher, wider and lower than your current one. Since that is most of your back already, I’d think it would look strange to leave nothing but the tramp-stamp place left empty.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I understand that it’s not what you wanted to hear and it would ineveitably be bigger and costlier than expected but you could have worse things happen than to end up with a backpiece from Pangburn. At least you know at the end you’ll have something amazing. Make the investment if you can.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
ArniVidar;86707 wrote:
Well, it would always have to go higher, wider and lower than your current one. Since that is most of your back already, I’d think it would look strange to leave nothing but the tramp-stamp place left empty.

Well as you can tell from the original I wanted something that size.

Adler;86714 wrote:
I understand that it’s not what you wanted to hear and it would ineveitably be bigger and costlier than expected but you could have worse things happen than to end up with a backpiece from Pangburn. At least you know at the end you’ll have something amazing. Make the investment if you can.

It’s not the price that’s getting me it’s the size /:

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Go big or go home. /end cliche 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.