Poker_Addict
@

There really is not a way to avoid the pain, but you can help by pre-occupying yourself beforehand. If you are getting a tattoo anywhere other than your arm regions, then bring a crossword puzzle, word search or just a magazine to help get your mind off of what is actually happening. When I got my tattoo on my upper arm, I just brought along my mp3 player, closed my eyes and drifted off into the music.

pberge
Participant
@pberge

I’m new to the site and still in the process of getting my first tattoo.

I have a pretty high pain tolerance and found the process to be tolerable. I did my entire outline in a single, 7 hour session about 2 weeks ago and did half of the color/shading work in a 3 hour session last night.

I have heard some people say that outlining is more painful, and others say color is worse. For me, the outline was far more painful than the color work. I don’t know if it was she shock of getting my first work done, but my outline session really took it out of me. I had a constant feeling of thirst and was drinking water like crazy, I was sweating, but my hands were cold and my hands are never cold. There were a few really tender spots, like the collarbone, elbow and armpit, but nothing that I couldn’t deal with.

I was much more relaxed for the color session and it was a much easier experience overall. It was more of a dull pain and my body did not have nearly the reaction that I had during my first session.

AdmiralPercy
Participant
@admiralpercy

Hey dude-

during a session in which I was getting my first tattoo retouched, a girl was right ahead of me and she passed out in the tattoo chair. She was about 90lb and hadn’t eaten anything all day (it was past noon). Eat, be hydrated, and have plenty of sodium and potassium in your system. If you’re prone to anxiety, magnesium and some St. John Wort would help, but being properly fed and hydrated are the biggest things. No Red Bull or coffee right ahead of time (it’ll make you have to pee half way thru, which sucks too) and the potential dehydration and elevated heart rate will guarantee a lightheaded experience. So… eat about an hour ahead of time, no booze and easy on the caffeine. Drink a Gatorade/Powerade too to elevate your electrolytes and eat some chips or pretzels for the salt.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

Its never been the pain that was a bother for me about getting inked. It was always the itching that follows.

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

How is the chest/pec area compared to the ribs? I’ve got two large pieces down both my ribs. And will be getting work done on my chest/pec soon.

LuckyLass
Participant
@luckylass

The chest/pec area will definantly not hurt anywhere near as bad as ribs will…the thin skin on bone is what makes it so bad…if you are very thin in it will hurt more than normal on your chest but NOT as as ribs 🙂 I think the thickness of the skin on your chest/pec would be the equivalent of the skin on your lower back area and that wasn’t that bad for me….I actually fell asleep :p

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

Thanks for the reply. I just thought I remembered reading that the chest was a painful spot, or maybe it was just the sternum… Ha that makes me feel a lot better.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
itsofficial;73669 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I just thought I remembered reading that the chest was a painful spot, or maybe it was just the sternum… Ha that makes me feel a lot better.

Head has to be one of the worst. You can’t move a muscle to do anything while getting your head tattooed and the needle is hitting all bone. Anything other than that, I think should be a piece of cake. just keep your eyes, ears and brain distracted and it should be easy to handle.

LuckyLass
Participant
@luckylass

No problem 🙂

inkfreakz
@

InkFREAKZ.com is a BRAND NEW tattoo networking website for tattoo lovers, artist/designers, and shops! As we are brand new we are looking for artist, and shops to sign up as YOU are a very important role of the website!

Tattoo Lovers You get the most fun you get to rate, and comment tattoo photos, and designs. You can rate artist, and shops profiles as well as email them or add their profile to your favorites. Also you are able to blog on our forum pages and interact with other tattoo lovers by leaving comments on their wall. Also you are able to start tattoo design contest for a minimum of $30 and the designers signed up on InkFREAKZ.com get to compete for your prize by submitting their design concept based off of the brief information form you fill out to start the contest, and then you get to rank the designs and pick your favorite one and take it into the artist without having to wait 2 hours or more for them to draw it up!

Artist you can create a profile and show how long you have been working as an artist for, show photos of tattoo’s you have done, as well as upload designs you have drawn. You are able to set your designs to, “For Sale and are able to set the price, Free, or Not For Sale.”, also you are able to submit designs into the design contest that users start and the minimum prize is $30!

Shops you are able to create a profile, add artist to your shop so when people are viewing your profile they can see who works there, also you are able to upload photos of the shop, inside and outside to give a feel for your shops environment as well as upload your logo for your profile picture!

Check it out http://www.InkFREAKZ.com

cruciaL
Participant
@crucial
Jubakuba;62701 wrote:
The horrible thing about tattoos that no one really talks about is…
They shrink your penis and testicles to anywhere from 1/2 to 1/3 of their original size.
The neuroflourocarbons in the ink have a negative reaction to that part of your body.

I know that everyone on this forum regrets their initial decision to get inked…
But we’re all stuck now, so we might as well embrace it.

you just made my day 🙂 hahaha

LuckyLass
Participant
@luckylass

no way thats not true, is it? haha

thetattoist
Participant
@thetattoist

Hi,

You don’t have to worry about that.As long as the tattoist is a legal one. Here are some tips that I strongly recommend to you.
tattoos arts risks

matronmedusa
Participant
@matronmedusa

1. The best way to get a tattoo is to have plenty of rest, plenty of food and water in your system, and just be overall good to yourself. If you didn’t feel it, you didn’t earn it. Meditation during the tattoo works wonders to ease the mind and body.
2. If you want a facial tattoo, and you’ve considered all the consequences and reprocussions, then go for it. You are the only one who can say what is right for you, and you shouldn’t let other people’s opinion sway your independant thought. You are the only one that will have to live with it.

dag24y
Participant
@dag24y

The worst thing I ever did before getting tattooed was take caffeine pills. This was years ago, I took them to stay awake earlier in the day, but that day the pain was unbearable and I couldn’t sit still for the life of me. I now never take those pills and generally avoid caffeine, but ESPECIALLY when I am getting tattooed.

Eating snacks while being tattooed helps with the pain for me. It distracts me. I mean, obviously it’s not a good idea to eat through a three hour session, haha. But I like to get a salad or something chewy that I can just sit there and slowly eat. Other people I know think that’s weird because they can’t enjoy their food while in pain. For me it’s the only thing that distracts me.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.