buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@Ethan Bradly 135935 wrote:

You must try to use numbing cream. It will surely help you, many of my friends use numbing cream before Tattooing and they don’t feel any pain.

Fuck that. Don’t be a pussy

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Ethan Bradly 135935 wrote:

You must try to use numbing cream. It will surely help you, many of my friends use numbing cream before Tattooing and they don’t feel any pain.

One time I used a numbing agent and the pain wasn’t much different. It turned out I was allergic to it and had a severely swollen leg for nearly two weeks.

If you can’t handle a little pain get a henna tattoo.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 129472 wrote:

I only have three or so martinis or “The Glenlevit” scotch/rocks. (steakhouse is less than 1/10 mile from the shop)

If I had three martinis/scotches, I’d probably puke between the car and the tattoo chair. That would help with pain, though.

Regarding pain, I’ve already picked some of the less pleasant landmarks. I have a pretty low pain tolerance and I tell the artist in advance. I usually tip well for my moaning and focus on not moving or being cold.

Numbing creams/sprays are bogus given the nature of skin, tattooing (it goes INTO the skin, kids), and amides and esters (the main stuff that junk is made of.) If you’re getting tattooed, they simply won’t give you relief.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Yup – a numbing cream might help with the pain if it’s a VERY small and quick tattoo, like 20mins. But the issue is, that is does change the texture of your skin. I tried one when I pierced my nipples, and the skin felt thicker. (I pierced them myself) So it can be an issue.
And if you use it for larger pieces you’re just screwing yourself, because as soon as the effect wears off, your body hasn’t released the proper endorphines to deal with the pain, so you get SO much pain suddenly!
Ryan Eternal had a numbing spray when I was there, but it was more just to take the edge off at the end of a tattoo, when you’re really starting to feel the pain. He was actually supposed to give me a bottle of the stuff, because had some extra and I’m gonna need it when I get my knee done, but we totally forgot :p
I’ve been granted extra privileges. I love knowing my artists… The guy I plan to do my knee and the guy to do my chest, have both promised me that I can drink beer, curse and get a late-night appointment..

I’m a terrible client, though. I had some re-work done on my sleeve last month. I know this artist very well, we go yeeeears back, and he’s done a lot of work on me.
I spent three hours cursing him out. I was hung over, tired and pretty much hadn’t eaten, so it was my own fault, but I still kept telling him he was an ass, that I hated him, that I never wanted to see him again, etc.. ๐Ÿ˜› He’s a sadist and he loves me, so I get away with it, but their piercer(who doesn’t know me), came in wondering what the hell was going on. We have a shitload of fun, I moan and curse, he tells me I’m flirting too much and propose. It’s a lovely way to deal with pain.
He wants two more sessions of re-work, and I’m SO looking forward to it!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

im considering using inkeeze on my pits. i think i deserve it. i paid my dues lol.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@yodaddynukka 135953 wrote:

im considering using inkeeze on my pits. i think i deserve it. i paid my dues lol.

Careful that is what I tried when I had issues but then again Jason uses it all the time.

Where did Ethan Bradly’s post go? Even more of a pussy to delete your comments.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

@buttwheat 135955 wrote:

Careful that is what I tried when I had issues but then again Jason uses it all the time.

Where did Ethan Bradly’s post go? Even more of a pussy to delete your comments.

did you use the cream and/or spray? a lot of good artists are sponsored by it. maybe it doesnt work well with north westerners?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@yodaddynukka 135956 wrote:

did you use the cream and/or spray? a lot of good artists are sponsored by it. maybe it doesnt work well with north westerners?

I used the spray. She didn’t spray it directly on the tattoo she sprayed it on a towel then pressed it on the tattoo, She said spraying it directly on the tattoo wasn’t up to health standards. The shit worked great all I could feel was the pressure or weight of the tattoo machine.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Seems I’m wrong based on the experiences of others.

Still seems like it would roll right off and to the outside of skin with any sweating.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

My trick is to always eat before I go to my session. I usually bring some sort of drink and snack with me when we take breaks. I don’t take any sort of pain killers or anything before the tattoo either, I’ll usually wait til later after it’s been done and that’s only if need be. My pain tolerance is decent thankfully so it’s not to bad for me. I’ve learned what to do if it does hurt to help ease the pain plus talking with my artist really helps.

djmckeever
Participant
@djmckeever

@Apriltg 62407 wrote:

Perhaps you were just to psyched up. Relax next time, it will not feel like being tickled but you shouldn’t be pouring sweat from the start. Actually the more you can relax the easier it is IMO.

yea, the first time i got one i thought i was gonna pass out from being so psyched out. now its just like watching someone draw on me, hurts so good haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@djmckeever 136780 wrote:

Hurts so good haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

Let me know how it feels when you get your nipple or arm pit tattooed.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I got tattooed on Tuesday on my right thigh. I let Ryan draw the kind of typewriter he wanted, and he ended up making a far larger piece than I anticipated. It ranks in top three most painful experiences of my life. He sprayed it with lidocaine. Seemed to help mildly.

The interesting thing is what I did before that made this five hours in hell.

1) I ate a meal that was almost entirely protein. No sugar/carbs. Sugar water is as effective as morphine in infants during circumcision. Blood sugar also plays a role and proteins aren’t easy broken down, especially animal proteins like I ate.

2) I didn’t know how large the tattoo was or how long I’d sit.

3) If I have to pee or am thirsty, the universe stops. Had both sensations and ignored them.

Rule of thumb: Eat a mix of carbs and protein, know about how long you’ll be sitting, and pee and drink something right before you go in. Trust me. ๐Ÿ˜€

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

@GrayCatLove 136797 wrote:

I got tattooed on Tuesday on my right thigh. I let Ryan draw the kind of typewriter he wanted, and he ended up making a far larger piece than I anticipated. It ranks in top three most painful experiences of my life. He sprayed it with lidocaine. Seemed to help mildly.

The interesting thing is what I did before that made this five hours in hell.

1) I ate a meal that was almost entirely protein. No sugar/carbs. Sugar water is as effective as morphine in infants during circumcision. Blood sugar also plays a role and proteins aren’t easy broken down, especially animal proteins like I ate.

2) I didn’t know how large the tattoo was or how long I’d sit.

3) If I have to pee or am thirsty, the universe stops. Had both sensations and ignored them.

Rule of thumb: Eat a mix of carbs and protein, know about how long you’ll be sitting, and pee and drink something right before you go in. Trust me. ๐Ÿ˜€

The thigh is definitely more sensitive than people think, they assume it will be less painful because it is generally more fleshy and muscular than other parts of the body, but right in the centre of the thigh, 5 inches about the knee, is very painful.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I had an idea it would hurt when he placed it over the lateral and anterior femoral and lumbo-inguinal nerves.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.