tattoofan91
Participant
@tattoofan91

I got my first tattoo yesterday just my D.O.B on the top of my left arm and it only took about 15 minutes to do but during that time the pain wasn’t bad but for some reason I felt very hot and sweat was pouring down my face I want to get alot more tattoos shortly will this be easier next time or just the same? Is there any ways to avoid pain?

Thanks

Vince

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

ways to avoid the pain?????? um maybe numbing cream but that wears off quickly.

tattoofan91
Participant
@tattoofan91

I don’t really feel what people call ‘pain’ but I got rather dizzy headed and sweat was literally swamping down my face.. any ideas what this is and how to avoid it?

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Perhaps you were just to psyched up. Relax next time, it will not feel like being tickled but you shouldn’t be pouring sweat from the start. Actually the more you can relax the easier it is IMO.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

You must have psyched yourself out. Your body goes into a VERY mild form of shock when you get tattooed, and if you’re too worked up, you can make it worse.

As for numbing it away, there’s no way to have a pain free tattoo. Drinking, smoking pot, taking an asprin, all of these things thin your blood, which is a BAD thing when someone’s sticking you with needles. Numbing cream will help, but it won’t take the pain away.

My question is why bother numbing it away? The pain and blood are part of the experience. This ritualistic aspect of tattooing is part of what separates us from those who do not have ink. It doesn’t make us better, or worse, than anyone else, but it’s something that’s happened to us that they can’t understand. It marks us as different. Without the pain, tattoos would lose most of their mystic, and would become exactly what my mother describes them as: pretty pictures on your body.

But if you can’t sack up enough to just grit your teeth and bear it, I wouldn’t cop to it if I were you, because frankly, numbing cream is looked down upon, as well it should be.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

tattoofan91
Participant
@tattoofan91

Thanks for your advice it’s just I’m wanting to get something bigger like a british bulldog under my D.O.B or something along those lines for my next tattoo but what happens if I do the same and can’t get it finished… I just don’t like needles at all but the pain didn’t even bother me but I just was sweating and felt really like… ill you could put it I went bright white after the tattoo.

How many tattoos on my arms would you say I should have before I consider this? Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvGEeOR4toc

Thanks

Vince

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

Make sure you have something to eat before your next tattoo, also avoid alcohol and drugs the night before, you could try some natural calmative like rescue remedy to chill you out a bit, sounds to me like you could potentially be a fainter. I have clients that get symptoms like yours, we have a break, they a have a drink of water and a jellybean lol and away we go.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Sounds to me what you need is a soda. Having a fizzy drink to sip on while you geted inked can make a huge difference man, so next time you go, I’d bring a Pepsi with me.

As for when you should consider getting that tattoo, I’m going to advise never. Look man, a tattoo like that makes choices for you. Once you get something on your face, it puts you on the outside of society. Like it or not, it makes you a freak. You will not get a decent job, and people will stare at you in public.

Even among the hardcore tattooed, facial tattooing is seriously taboo. To give you a sense of it, to my knowledge, there isn’t a single person on this forum with one exactly because of the severe consequences. No one among the regular contributors have any, certainly.

Unless you’re a tattoo artist yourself, and can support yourself in that manner, a piece of ink like that can, and most likely will, ruin you life.

So don’t be a fucking moron and get it okay?

Besides, it’s seriously dick to copy someone else’s ink 100%.

Love. Pace. Metallica.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

oh dear i thought he was just joking on getting that shit:eek:

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink
KnightHawk;62423 wrote:
Sounds to me what you need is a soda. Having a fizzy drink to sip on while you geted inked can make a huge difference man, so next time you go, I’d bring a Pepsi with me.

As for when you should consider getting that tattoo, I’m going to advise never. Look man, a tattoo like that makes choices for you. Once you get something on your face, it puts you on the outside of society. Like it or not, it makes you a freak. You will not get a decent job, and people will stare at you in public.

Even among the hardcore tattooed, facial tattooing is seriously taboo. To give you a sense of it, to my knowledge, there isn’t a single person on this forum with one exactly because of the severe consequences. No one among the regular contributors have any, certainly.

Unless you’re a tattoo artist yourself, and can support yourself in that manner, a piece of ink like that can, and most likely will, ruin you life.

So don’t be a fucking moron and get it okay?

Besides, it’s seriously dick to copy someone else’s ink 100%.

Love. Pace. Metallica.

ummmmm………i have a facial tattoo….but i suppose along my temple where my hair can hide it doesnt count and also i ink people for a living and unless i get my hands cut off thats what i’ll be doing for a very long time

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

*nods*

In that text you quoted, I kinda agreed with you. “Unless you’re a tattoo artist” was definitely in there.

Tattoo artists, at least in my little corner of America, can get away with more extreme tattoos and body mods and be accepted. It’s almost like your uniform. It’s expected, along with a penchant for black, metal band t-shirts, hoddies, beanies, and jeans. Wether or not that’s accurate or fair is besides the point–people have stereotypes for tattoo artists in their head, and when an artist lives up to it, people generally nod and move along.

Hell, in my experience, even mediocre tattoo artists are generally treated like rock stars, and like rock stars, the rules are different for ya’all. For the rest of us, though, facial tattooing will ruin you life, ya know?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

It definitely sounds like you were too nervous or excited. Now that you know what it feels like to be tattooed, you can use that to help you relax for next time. And don’t try anything to mask the pain! One of the best parts of being tattooed is the pain, IMO anyway.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Again, you were far too nervous/excited.
Relax before your next piece.

Secondly:
A bulldog tattoo is a horrible idea. Especially in the California area, bulldog tattoos represent a major gang.
There name is the…er…bulldogs…
Cops are known to actually single you out and put you on a list if you are found with such a piece.

Also:
White supremacy?
Seriously, am I the first to catch that reference?
That guy is a Neo-Nazi. It doesn’t matter if you like the art (and you shouldn’t, it sucks) you shouldn’t copy such an ignorant bigot.

And:
If you JUST got your first tattoo and you’re already wanting to “work-up” to a face piece…I would assume you are simply getting tattooed for the shock factor. That and the desire to look like a badass.

Ugh.
You strike me as an idiot.
And I never say that publicly.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink
KnightHawk;62440 wrote:
*nods*

In that text you quoted, I kinda agreed with you. “Unless you’re a tattoo artist” was definitely in there.

Tattoo artists, at least in my little corner of America, can get away with more extreme tattoos and body mods and be accepted. It’s almost like your uniform. It’s expected, along with a penchant for black, metal band t-shirts, hoddies, beanies, and jeans. Wether or not that’s accurate or fair is besides the point–people have stereotypes for tattoo artists in their head, and when an artist lives up to it, people generally nod and move along.

Hell, in my experience, even mediocre tattoo artists are generally treated like rock stars, and like rock stars, the rules are different for ya’all. For the rest of us, though, facial tattooing will ruin you life, ya know?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Man i wish i got treated like a rock star LMAO…..but in my case i dont have the ego maniac rock star attitude that some tattooist have…..i am not GOD, i cant cure cancer, but i can tattoo….i hate egomaniacs! They come into my shop to check it out and i cant wait for the fuckers to leave, with their invisible buckets of fucking water under their arms.:D

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

For some reason i am the complete opposite. I went in for a full day appointment to design and start my dragon without having anything to eat at all. I took food and drinks, i just never felt the need to eat anything, and all i had during the entire day, and 8 hours process of designing and getting it was like 16 ounces of this tea stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.