chining
Participant
@chining

I do not personally feel too much pain, but one of my friend cannot tolerate the pain.

allancaps
@

We actually have a product for this, for you to get the maximum satisfaction of getting a tattoo – being able to do more in less time, Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Numbing Cream can help you with this. Check out our site, and be sure to bookmark us! http://drnumb.com 😀

bodyinktube
Participant
@bodyinktube

A fair point you have about constant public scrutiny when dealing with facial tattoos, it may depend on the reasons you want to get one in the first place. I’m from New Zealand and from a native maori P.O.V I’m finding them quite popular here, but it is heritage and acceptable, but I agree too, prepare to be stared at for the rest of your life.

James

DaveyW
Participant
@daveyw

As for pain, I feel it but it doesnt bother me, i have somewhat of a high pain threshold but more than that, its about mind over matter. I focus on the pain instead of trying to push it away, I just deal with it, its honestly not that bad anyway, it kinda itches though haha

SHTxHAPNS
Participant
@shtxhapns

music food and TV when getting my arm done i just ate some chips and watched the tv they had in the shop
but for the stuff on my chest i have to bring my ipod and “zone out” cuz personally that shit fucking hurts but i know what i like and i know i like my tattoos so to me the pains worth it

music is the best way imo just get you groove on in your head and let your artist do their thing

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

The pain is part of the experience so you gotta accept it or more on……..

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
Apriltg;62407 wrote:
Perhaps you were just to psyched up. Relax next time, it will not feel like being tickled but you shouldn’t be pouring sweat from the start. Actually the more you can relax the easier it is IMO.

This. You psyched yourself out. Stay calm, remember to breathe (normally), try talking with the artist while he does it, etc.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
maniacthw;79748 wrote:
This. You psyched yourself out. Stay calm, remember to breathe (normally), try talking with the artist while he does it, etc.

Probably already found the answer in the last year.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
buttwheat;79769 wrote:
Probably already found the answer in the last year.

Yeah, I noticed well after I posted. Too bad you guys don’t have a facepalm smiley on here.

KBKUBE
Participant
@kbkube

I’ve only had “pain” during my latest session it was my flames in my pit (inner elbow) but besides that I have not experianced any tear jerking pain. When I got my design put on my collar bone I could not help but laugh during the session my tattoo artist asked me if every thing was Kosher? I replied yeah just feels good I guess. whenever I get a tattoo it releives me of stress

Sicksixtysix
Participant
@sicksixtysix

Sounds to me like you had an adrenaline rush and got worked up. Next time shouldn’t be so bad if you just chill out and take it like everyone else does. I personally like the pain, it’s like a therapy you can’t get anywhere else. As far as the face tat goes, I’d say do it…there’s a much less likely chance of you reproducing to create others who would also make ill-advised decisions.

volkert13b
Participant
@volkert13b

the guy that tattoo’s me probably hates me…i tend to talk alot when i’m getting tattooed..its kinda takes my mind away from what is actually going on. but everyone in the shop usually shoots the shit so i just go with them. this is just me though

you can always just bringing a drink with you try and text on your cell phone or browse the net on it. anything really that would help take your mind off of what is actually going on.

ljfran2383
Participant
@ljfran2383

I agree that pain makes it more worth it in the end, but getting my knee done made me want to quit.

djstylez
@

Well buddy,

just saw your post…well if you scroll down on the threads you will see my thread about using the Dr. Numb cream. I know it’s a new post for today but hopefully by the time you get to see it…I will be finish with the tattoo and I can have some more information on if the cream works or not. Maybe that will help you on your next tattoo decision.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Or he could grow some balls.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.