JakeW
Participant
@jakew

i’m in the same boat man i think they’re pretty damn good dude lol. keep it up.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

First sitting, cool idea.

d4800df3.jpg

Here’s the original poster.

28b60275.jpg

irish the hired gun
Participant
@irish-the-hired-gun

Damn, your way ahead of me two weeks in to my apprenticeship. The question is how they look when there healed. But your well on your way, ill have to look you up next time I’m in north west new York. :eek::eek:

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Colored in.

70b2ff20.jpg

Panter
Participant
@panter

That is very cool, like that a lot. It’s way ahead of a lot of stuff trotted out by the seasoned pro’s around here!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Looks pretty damned nice.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat
ArniVidar;94980 wrote:
Looks pretty damned nice.

Thanks. That means a lot to me because I see you as one of the more harsh critics in this forum. I’ve still got a long way to go though. Just trying to show my progress.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Here is one in progress.

464c65bc.jpg

6ec42cf8.jpg

1f892dc8.jpg

The bubbles were added to the cupcake.

b5674872.jpg

68fd0d87.jpg

All seeing eye above the bat I finished on her a while back.

97d8974d.jpg

New York Yankees/ Sick Of It All logo.

5a272550.jpg

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

Looks awesome man! Nice and solid. As long as you aren’t hittin’ it so hard that it heals rough and you loose that pretty ink. You know how I avoid wobbly single pass lines? I try to never do them. I always sculptures the lines out, even if It’s only a hair thicker than the single pass.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like the cupcake and the bubbles but not the strawberry’s. That being said your work is better then most posted up on here. Keep up the good work.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The thin lines on the Airplane are a bit wonky, but the main thing that bothers me is the bottom of the airplane. It looks entirely flat.. and the tail wing looks like a seal’s flipper or the wing/fin on a stingray perhaps. It’s all pretty dull and wonky on the bottom.

What’s it supposed to be? The P-51 Mustang or a Spitfire or what?

Anyway, if you look at the tail wings of the planes of the era
SpitfireXviBankingTopRearViewSkyHills.jpg
you see that they are around or above the middle of the body, whereas on yours the wing is at the absolute bottom and joins the rest of the bottom of the plane in being completely flat and probably hell to fly 😀

The rest look good, although I’d be VERY interested in seeing the bubbles in a few years time.. that amount of white scares me.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m not an aircraft engineer but the kid that wanted the plane tattooed on him brought me a photo. Blame any design flaws on the Russians. It is a Polikarpov I-16.

011e3e37.jpg

PS: There is almost no pure white in the bubbles. Just the white outline around the outside. The blue I use when blended right tricks the eye into seeing large areas of white in the tattoo. Same thing with the eye. Not much pure white in that either.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

A lot of quality work!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, the design flaw doesn’t lie with the Russians.. their tail wings are just below the center of the body, with the entire bottom of the plane concaved. Any and all such definition is lost in your drawing, aside from the wing itself looking… limp.

So, that’s just skin color in the middle of the bubbles, that looks like it’s white? Interesting.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Ancient Chinese secret!!!

I can see what you’re saying about the rear wings. I can address that when he books a second sitting. I’m going to be doing a bunch of work on him. I traced the lines of the plane so if the shapes work in the photo I can make them work in the tattoo. I think it just needs some tweaking with the shading.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.