xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, whoever it is… do they like your tattoos and your need for ink?

i’ve written in this forum sometime back about how my wife won’t let me get a tattoo (and yes i already got a lot of bashing from you guys about that…) anyway, finally got my way and got that piece on my upper arm.. she still maintains that she doesn’t like it, and that she can only tolerate it because she loves me and that i wanted it badly…

really nice thing i want to share though, is that she was really supportive throughout the process… she was really involved in helping me pick the design and she was even the once who convinced me that b/g looked better than colored (which was my original plan)… she even did a thorough research on the aftercare so she knew exactly what to do, what to apply for how long, do’s and don’ts and all… and throughout that first week she was the one who vigilantly reminded me of what to do… (she kept scolding me when she sees me picking on the peeling skin :D)…

i asked her why she was doing it and she said that since it was something i wanted so badly she needed to make sure i got the best out it, and that it will look its best even decades from now (so weird hearing her explain to me about leaking ink etc.)…

anyway, this really just makes me feel good inside so wanted to share…

what’s your story? ๐Ÿ™‚

Amok
Participant
@amok

nope, my wife hates tattoos, but she’ll tolerate it as best she can.

she helps me look after a new tattoo when it needs washing etc, which is pretty sweet of her.

She draws the line at getting a tattoo of the borg queen from star trek, so I have to settle for something else (fair enough, that’s pretty damn nerdy).

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

My wife is fine with them and actually has 2 herself. She is getting a 3rd in January. She does bitch a bit about the cost though and she’s a bit apprehensive about some future tats I have planned.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Mine loves tattoo’s and her words not mine “I can’t wait until your covered and have them all around you neck for when we get married it will be so sexy!

:rolleyes:

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

My partner was raised to think that tattoos on women were trashy and low class, so when I mentioned getting one years ago, he freaked. However, as our marriage disintegrated, I decided that since he decided not to be involved in my life anymore, he no longer got to have a say in what I did with my body and I got my first one. We were separated for a while, in therapy, etc, and we are now kinda back together in a way. But I now have 5 more.

He still doesn’t really “get the point” but he understands the meaning and the story behind all of my ink. He likes them as much as he is going to like any tattoo, really. =)

Sorry…probably way more than you wanted to know!

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

My most recent ex absolutely loves tattoos, probably even more than I love them. She has a huge rib piece and was supposed to start a calf piece but I haven’t talked to her in a couple months. Regardless, she loved mine, and I thought her rib piece was great, she’s on this forum (beccamaria20).

Anyways, for any new girlfriend, I really hope that they do approve of them, because there are a lot of tattoos in my future, and if it will be a constant problem then the relationship will never last. I love tattoos and the artwork, it’s a passion of mine. I am always accepting of any passion and love of my significant other, so I expect the same. I was raised in a pretty open and accepting family. My mom has both of her arms covered and some of her back. My dad has his calf covered, full back piece and some on his biceps. It’s in my blood, so to speak

Amok
Participant
@amok
KillianMick;94752 wrote:
My partner was raised to think that tattoos on women were trashy and low class, so when I mentioned getting one years ago, he freaked. However, as our marriage disintegrated, I decided that since he decided not to be involved in my life anymore, he no longer got to have a say in what I did with my body and I got my first one. We were separated for a while, in therapy, etc, and we are now kinda back together in a way. But I now have 5 more.

He still doesn’t really “get the point” but he understands the meaning and the story behind all of my ink. He likes them as much as he is going to like any tattoo, really. =)

Sorry…probably way more than you wanted to know!

interesting story, i’m glad he’s come around. life’s too short to worry about the little things.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

My husband isn’t really fond of tattoos. He does like my Freddie Mercury tattoo for the artistry, though, and he has gotten used to me having it and does participate in making sure it is protected and all that sort of thing, like making sure I have sunscreen on if I’m going out in the sun, which I rarely do with my leg exposed. It did take me a year of begging to get it. I have lots more planned, but will probably only be able to get one or two more. We’ll just have to see how it goes. I’ve got a memorial tattoo planned and am hoping to get it in September or so. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
msmercury;94755 wrote:
It did take me a year of begging to get it. I have lots more planned, but will probably only be able to get one or two more. We’ll just have to see how it goes. I’ve got a memorial tattoo planned and am hoping to get it in September or so. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Unless you live in a country where hubby can legally chop off your arms or something similar, I can’t see why you’re asking for his permission. Certainly I understand if you choose not to get them simply to avoid creating turmoil in the relationship, but at least it’s your decision. My wife and I have never even discussed whether the other was ok with a tattoo. It’s her body and she can do as she pleases. If she asks my opinion, I
I’ll give it. ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
D3FiANC3;94757 wrote:
Unless you live in a country where hubby can legally chop off your arms or something similar, I can’t see why you’re asking for his permission. Certainly I understand if you choose not to get them simply to avoid creating turmoil in the relationship, but at least it’s your decision. My wife and I have never even discussed whether the other was ok with a tattoo. It’s her body and she can do as she pleases. If she asks my opinion, I
I’ll give it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, it is a tough call. It is my decision, true, and I’m hoping I will keep moving forward no matter what! I am working with my artist on a design now and unless something ugly happens, I will go forward with my plans! Hopefully, there will be no arm lopping! But, yeah, I don’t want turmoil in the relationship. ๐Ÿ™‚

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

My wife wasn’t thrilled with my daughter and I getting our first ones together in July. She does like our tattoos but in general she has always said she doesn’t like them.

Funny thing is she threw me a curve ball yesterday and said she might get one. I dug deeper and am not sure if she’d ever go through with it because she has absolutely no idea what she’d get.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

My girlfriend thinks my tattoos are a serious turn on. ๐Ÿ˜€

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
KnightHawk;94766 wrote:
My girlfriend thinks my tattoos are a serious turn on. ๐Ÿ˜€

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Snap :):):):):):):):):):):)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
metalmancpa;94761 wrote:
Funny thing is she threw me a curve ball yesterday and said she might get one. I dug deeper and am not sure if she’d ever go through with it because she has absolutely no idea what she’d get.

Depends on how vindictive she is. Perhaps she’ll get the ex’s name out of spite. :p

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
D3FiANC3;94770 wrote:
Depends on how vindictive she is. Perhaps she’ll get the ex’s name out of spite. :p

That would be funny if she had an ex, but I’ve been her only one for 30 years. Maybe it’s for her future somebody :rolleyes: or if she’s really vindictive a tattoo of me with a dagger through me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.