Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

My wife likes most of mine. She doesnt like the reason i have one but as far as the over all appeal she gives them a thumbs up. She will be getting one on her ribs next month which i completely approve of!

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

My hubby and I have been married for 6 years (though together for 11 years), and he has always had a strong dislike for tattoos and piercings. I had my tongue and belly button pierced when we met, and I ended up taking them out shortly after since he wasn’t fond of them (my choice – he didn’t, like, “make” me or anything)… Didn’t bother me, I could understand.

Fast forward many years, and I had thought about getting some ink for awhile but was too, well, afraid to ask. Even though it’s my body, I know that I would appreciate having an opinion if it were the other way around, so I wanted him to be ok with it.

So one night while conditions and moods were completely perfect, I got up the nerve and brought it up, and was pretty shocked whe he said he didn’t have a problem with it. His only request was that he could go with me to have it done… Um ok!

So I researched, scheduled and we did it. And he loves it! He actually wants to know when I’m getting more – and I will be later this week ๐Ÿ˜€

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Tattoo’s are like Marmite

you either love it or you hate it.

And i fooking love marmite.

-David-
Participant
@david-2

The only tattoo I have that doesn’t get the nod from my wife is a small one on my head. In my early twenties I thought it would be cool to have a hidden tattoo, so I shaved a small chunk out of my hairline and had just a dopey geometric shape lined in there. By the time I was in my early thirties I turned into a baldy and now I’ve got this stupid squiggle on my forehead! It’s faded and looks like a busted blood vessel and would be an easy cover up, but the mrs. is frowning upon the idea of me having a ink-covered scalp so I’m leaving it out of the plans……..for now.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

You have to understand that my wife doesn’t handle change well. I’m always the leader, she’s always kicking and screaming – but eventually wants “it”, whatever “it” may be at the time…

She wasn’t too happy about my tattoo plans, but agrees that it really looks cool with my costuming. And of course, now that she’s watched me do it, she’s planning a back piece herself. And she’s now OK with my lotus on nape of neck idea.

She announced to me the other day that she really wants to get a nose stud. I’m almost shocked, because I haven’t even gotten my planned navel piercing yet – perhaps we’ll go get our respective piercings together! I wouldn’t mind a nose stud myself – but I have so many problems with my nose (allergies), that I think it would be a bad idea…

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Just found the thread….. My semi-significant other just saw my tattoo in person the other day. I have a 20 year old small one on my ankle I’m considering covering. My most recent one is my left lower leg, and quite substantial. At first he was shocked that it was so big. I think he assumed I was getting another ankle tattoo a few inches or so. LOL

Long story short, I’m standing on the coffee table so he can get the front, side, and back views of my leg and he officially thinks it’s fabulous.

Now he’s thrown my future plans for a loop though. I was contemplating a tree with a face on the inside of the leg (kind of Tree Beard but with a more whimsical face and some toadstools, leaves, and things)…. he suggested the outside of the other leg covering my old shitty tatt and letting my funny little phoenix stand along on the left leg. I’m kind of liking this thought.

Hillpill92
Participant
@hillpill92

I’m new to the tattoo world.. but my boyfriend was really excited for me to get mine, and thought it was really sexy.. like a bad side of me he’s never seen in the 3 years we’ve been together (my tattoo is on my butt.. lol). He’s going to get his very own soon as well. ๐Ÿ™‚ So, I guess I’m lucky he is so supportive based upon some of the other stories on here.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

my wife puts up with my large amount of ink but doesnt like tattoos really, she puts up with them because they are on me
she helps a little on aftercare, as I have had some very long sessions, she washes bled on multicolored sheets, doesnt flip over multicolored towels and wash rags, she is pretty good about it, she has no ink herself and will never be tattooed…….I have 220 hours or so

Dipland
Participant
@dipland

My wife is not into tattoos at all, but she likes mine….so far… ๐Ÿ™‚

Bope
Participant
@bope

yep..she has almost as much ink as myself…:D

jeepingchick
Participant
@jeepingchick

He hates…that I have more than he does LOL! I love ink on a man, he has a horribly done Animal that needs to be redone or covered and a dagger, I love his dagger because it has meaning behind it. He tried to tell me after the one I got in 06 that I had to stop untill he caught up…. Ya right! LOL ! I do not have many, but I sure am not gonna stop and let him catch up LOL! I got my most recent piece last year and plan on getting my next in jan/feb time frame. Hope he is able to get one with me then. Will depend on if he is home or deployed I guess LOL!

CandD
Participant
@candd

My boyfriend is OK with my tattoos since he has several himself. But he says there should just be a limit to the tattoos that I’m going to get. Not sure what to make of that yet. :confused:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My girlfriend is obsessed with me having tattoo’s. She want’s me to get full neck coverage as she finds it really sexy (I was planning to anyway) and she says about my plan to eventually be around 90% covered is awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

My wife was the first one to get tattooed, not long after we started dating 14 years ago. I was the one that didn’t much care for it, and wished she hadn’t. Then things changed…last October I got my first, and am up to 4 over the course of a year. She still just has the one, which could use a cover-up because it was not tremendously well done…she likes mine, and will probably eventually get more herself.

Knitrocks
Participant
@knitrocks
xanderx;94700 wrote:
wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, whoever it is… do they like your tattoos and your need for ink?

i’ve written in this forum sometime back about how my wife won’t let me get a tattoo (and yes i already got a lot of bashing from you guys about that…) anyway, finally got my way and got that piece on my upper arm.. she still maintains that she doesn’t like it, and that she can only tolerate it because she loves me and that i wanted it badly…

really nice thing i want to share though, is that she was really supportive throughout the process… she was really involved in helping me pick the design and she was even the once who convinced me that b/g looked better than colored (which was my original plan)… she even did a thorough research on the aftercare so she knew exactly what to do, what to apply for how long, do’s and don’ts and all… and throughout that first week she was the one who vigilantly reminded me of what to do… (she kept scolding me when she sees me picking on the peeling skin :D)…

i asked her why she was doing it and she said that since it was something i wanted so badly she needed to make sure i got the best out it, and that it will look its best even decades from now (so weird hearing her explain to me about leaking ink etc.)…

anyway, this really just makes me feel good inside so wanted to share…

what’s your story? ๐Ÿ™‚

Does your wife find knitting and yarn very exiting? I do and I saw a woman on Ravelry talking about her husband wanting a tattoo and she not liking it. (but on the other hand, theres probably a lot of women not wanting their husbands to get tattooed)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.