InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

I have a Scottish themed right calf from Dave Crossley which includes tattoos of Lion Rampant, St Andrew’s cross and a portrait of Robert Burns.

On my left calf is a two level cartoon house from the amazing Ian McAllister at Redhhotandblue in Edinburgh which is a few hours from completion.

I am studying the history of various cultures beliefs in Dragon’s and Phoenix’s and will probably go for Chinese iconography as it seems that their creatures can live in harmony rather than the aggressive relationship in Japanese mythology. This is something I would like as wraparound elbow to wrist on opposing arms.

My main plan is to have a short sleeve Japanese style bodysuit. I waited until I was 25 before getting inked as I didn’t want youth or immaturity to make a poor choice. Furthermore I always knew that the chances were this I would end up with heavy coverage – even though I can’t think of who or what influenced this.

Anyhooz I am coming up for 38 now and want the Dragon and Phoenix completed by the time I am 40 – the artist I have in mind has a waiting list and involves travelling down south. Once I have these designs complete I then need to decide what the design or recurring theme of my bodysuit will be and if I should go for an all over design or collection of work from various artists. Nae rush though as I do want to be in my fifties and still getting fresh ink.

Shuggy

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I have my next appointment on the 31st!

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

It’s probably awhile in the future, but I’m thinking about getting a Maneki Neko cat on the left side of my lower back. It’s the Japenese fortune cat with one paw up. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneki_Neko

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
msmercury;94674 wrote:
Wow, cool drawings! Good imagination! I was wondering is that your mom and dad in these drawings? Whoever it is, looks like you were serving them up a little portion of heavy metal! LOL!! Is that a self portrait at the very end? Good ideas, I’m sure you’ll end up with a very cool tattoo! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I wasn’t drawing anybody in particular, nor do I believe I was thinking of anybody. In general though any acts against people in my drawings were directed towards those people who make fun of the metal I listen too 🙂 .

And thanks for the compliments.

Panter
Participant
@panter

I was only going to get the one, however…

I’d like a Dia de los Muertos girl portrait on my upper left arm and some Giger-esque biomech on my upper right arm, probably wrapping around to my chest and back

It’s taken me 18 /years to decide on my first though so it;s not something I’m going to rush in to. Won’t be another 18 Years though… 😉

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I get my day of the dead girl portrait in 1 week 🙂

-David-
Participant
@david-2

Future plans for getting tattooed basically revolve around finding someone who can successfully cover up the random crap I had done before I changed my mind and decided that large, flowing work looks a hell of a lot better than a smash of small tattoos! Oh, well: I’m also considering going on a cake diet and packing on a hundred pounds to try and open up some space in between.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Parademic;94881 wrote:

be sure to post some pictures dude can’t wait to see it

bluey
Participant
@bluey
Parademic;94881 wrote:

I’m envious. I hope you post the result.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Well i know it’s meant to be bad luck but im getting a heart with a banner through with my fiancee’s name in it. hehe

Amok
Participant
@amok
Parademic;94881 wrote:

would love to see it when you do.

I really want a day of the dead boba fett or stormtrooper tattoo, or even darth vader!

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

My sitting on the 31st is only for about 4 hours. So I don’t know if we will get everything complete as it’s a face, an arm, her hand, and a pumpkin. I think we talked about having the arm hand and pumpkin done in the first sitting, then in the second to get the face and hair done. So we will see!

jinternetmarketers
@

Well i would like to get tattoo on my entire back and the fine tails of tattoo getting out from sleeves and on neck. Those will be minute glimpse that i have a tattoo but my entire back will have a tattoo. I have this tattoo idea and lots more which can really prove exciting and mind boggling. I have few design as well in my mindl, lets see how things shapes up in future.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

here is a quick drawing I did for the centre piece of my rib tattoo. It’s no where near complete. Still a lot more to go.

But basically what I will be doing is adding some more shading to the skull, adding some traditional roses on the traditional side, and real roses on the portrait side, and a banner that says Nut up Or Shut up

292038_10150287634553985_507548984_7782043_4059990_n.jpg

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Holy shit have I got plans.

First I need to finish my steam punk inspired cyborg squid to finish my my sleeve on my right arm.

Next up I’m getting a memorial tattoos. About a month past a member of this forum, Peachiepoo, passed away. Me and her were engaged for a while, and she was easily the closest friend I’ve ever had. I’m getting a tattoo of the loony toon name Gossamer for her on my thigh. He’s going to be crying hysterically.

I’m getting a zombie koi on the left side of my chest. It’s going to be done in the traditional Japanese style with waves and blossoms, except that the koi will be a rotting horror, the waves dark and ominous, and the blossoms rotted.

On my right chest I’m getting a pinup girl. A zombie pinup girl.

My left arm is going to be sleeved, and it’s going to expand on my zombie Koi idea. I’m giving my artist free range on it. I want it to be a traditional japanese sleeve, but he gets to choose the imagery. Dragons, samurais, pagodas, geishas, blossoms, waves crashing on a cliff, the more cliché the better. Because I want to subvert it. Instead of the normal bright, intense palette, I want it dark and foreboding. The luck dragon is half rotted, yet still living. The samurai and geisha are being consumed by ravenous zombies. The pagoda is in flames, encircled by the hungry dead. The waves crash against the crumbling cliffs, the blossoms dead and black. Obviously not all of that will make it into the design, but it expresses the feel I’m going for. My artist has been working on me for eight years. I know if I just give him the feel, he’ll create something amazing for me.

Now all I need is money.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.