Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 133157 wrote:

A tattoo of a tree in bloom on my back with a little cat the color of mine inspired by the Soviet cartoon “The Cat and the Tree.”

I see a magnolia tree on your back!

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I really like the magnolia choice!

RHCPinYourStep
Participant
@rhcpinyourstep

Magnolias are beautiful.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Also, I want to squeeze in on my left literary side:

Lucy’s cordial and dagger from The Chronicles of Narnia

A tattoo inspired by The Dark Tower series; I was thinking a key, a lock, and a red rose, since spacing is limited over there.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You say space is limited, but would you object to the tattoos blending? For instance, you could fit a whole lot of meaningful imagery in the background, beneath the tengwar, if you so chose. The key and lock, for instance, could just be one level down from the tengwar, and you could even add another (even fainter but still there) level beneath those. That would obviously be delving far into the realm of shading and contrast and might not even work at all like I see it in my head.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I can feel my artist’s boner from here at the word “advanced shading.” (Not literally. He’s like a brother to me.) As long as my Tengwar remains readable, I’m down.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Right now I’m getting quite a bit of work done this year, so I don’t get that feeling ;D
My leg is healed up, and I got a new appointment this saturday, to do a old school piece on my thigh! 🙂 And I have an appointment in October to touch up my full sleeve, which should been done a long time ago.. Just minor things really, like a few places I bled waaay too much for ink to stick properly, and it needs a proper finish at my wrist, because right now it’s a bit blurred. But who knows what my artists is gonna think of, he hasn’t seen it in years now.
And sometime this fall I will also be getting my knee done, and a piece right below my boobs, solar plexus area. Should be a nice size too.
Oh, and I probably will be adding more to my legs if I have time and money for it. Good days.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I went about six weeks without any work. I stopped itching! I’m happy to be back into it.

I’ll be getting back into two or three week cycles soon.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Six weeks is the magic number for healing. I won’t be starting my inner thigh work until that long, and I’ve decided to go dark and really cover those scars.

Well, I’m here on my butt until Wednesday, then back on my 16’s. So this is what people feel like when they’re rested. I can talk in sentences and stuff.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I had a consultation with Anthony today. I’m fucking psyched.
Right now I have the lizards and vegetation on my leg, and the raptor etc. on the left side of my back, and of course the new lobster on my shoulder and right side of my chest.
Anthony suggested an ocean scene near the foot of the raptor with a giant octopus and birds to connect all three pieces. Then Jules Verne’s “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” came to mind. This is going to be wild!

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I’veOTE=Sam-I-Am;133566]I went about six weeks without any work. I stopped itching! I’m happy to be back into it.

I’ll be getting back into two or three week cycles soon.

I’ve been itchy for two days now. But it looks like the second peel should be over by tomorrow. How do I always forget this part?

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

So the artist texts me about the tattoo a week ago. “Do you need measurements?”

“No.”

Then tonight, “How big did you want it to be?”

Sharpies and measuring tape time. My OBGYN is going to think I’m an idiot. I measured in a square area, but I told him I want to round it to make it more organic.

After this, I’m taking a little break from tattoos while I work on other things. But I’d really like to add a tattoo of Lucy’s dagger from TCoN on my left side. And I’m seriously considering a tattoo on the underside of my arm.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Roughly, the plan goes like this:

Pin-up on my right side by Barrett if he’ll agree to it around Xmas.

Then after awhile a wolf on my right hip by Ryan.

Then fix up the old cherry blossom with a koi.

Still want to to the dagger, but I’m in less of a hurry and want to work on other spots.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

For me it’s onto more detail work and connecting the pieces together. I’ve got a hell of a lot of loose ends.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 135082 wrote:

For me it’s onto more detail work and connecting the pieces together. I’ve got a hell of a lot of loose ends.

That’s one reason I like a lot of work by the same artist. He’s consciously or subconsciously tied a lot together despite very different themes.

Or maybe you’re right and tipping them in food works better.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.