iMark
Participant
@imark

Well, that’s it.

After 5 weeks, and 12 of the most downright uncomfortable and painful hours of my life under the point of a needle, it’s finally done. My tattoo is finished.

I’m thrilled with it. I really am. Within the span of a month I’ve gone from nothing more than an idea to something that spreads across a goodly portion of my body. I look in the mirror and I’m content.

Mostly.

Except I can’t help but think “what now?”

Friends warned me: “tattoos are addictive,” they said. But I knew what I wanted. Once it was done I’d be happy. After all, the sensation of red hot needles jabbing into my skin again and again was nothing to look forward to. And I couldn’t wait for each session to end and be over with.

Save that it remained the highlight of my week. Each step, each painful prick, bringing it a little closer to completion. And now it’s finally finished I can’t help but think “what next?”

What I have, this abstract series of repeating circles, is all that I wanted. I’ve reached the finish line. But scritching away at the back of my mind is the thought that I want more; that’s it’s not quite over yet.

That left side of mine is looking suspiciously bare, after all. And I’ve already thought of a pattern that would look good stretching down my side to my thigh. It really would.

And after that I’ll be finished.

Honest 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You, sir, have lost the battle with the tattoo demons. Revel in it, rejoice. Welcome to the club 😉

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

OMG leave the bullshit to the bulls. LMAO!

You will always think “what next…what next…what can I do NEXT!”

Revel in it , EMBRACE it hun….. you are addicted.

iMark
Participant
@imark
Blue1;60401 wrote:
OMG leave the bullshit to the bulls. LMAO!

I’d protest, but I’m too busy laughing 🙂

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
iMark;60402 wrote:
I’d protest, but I’m too busy laughing 🙂

lol that’s a southern chic for ya!

And ya can’t protest bc you know, deep down, it’s TRUE

iMark
Participant
@imark
Blue1;60404 wrote:
And ya can’t protest bc you know, deep down, it’s TRUE

Not even that deep. I have hidden shallows you know 😉

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
iMark;60405 wrote:
Not even that deep. I have hidden shallows you know 😉

Yea ok….lol

Got a pic of this said ink? let us see

iMark
Participant
@imark

I don’t have pics of it now it’s finished. Here’s what it looked like before:

curve.jpg
spiral2z.jpg

The spiral on the left side has been finished as per the cut out, and the spiral on the side now curls in similarly.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

OK yea, I remember this one. Interesting…. I like it

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Welcome to what I like to call…thehellthatisbetweentattoos.

Seriously, it only gets worse. Now I’m in the IknowwhatIwantbutdon’thavethemoney phase.

I seriously think crack would be easier to kick

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Haha welcome mate, it’s how we all started 😉
When I went to get my first, I thought ‘yep, I’ll get this one little one done and that’ll be it for me’…
…now I’m up to 15 hours on my arm with at least a minimum of 10 to go. And I’m not stopping there 😉

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
ontwo;60422 wrote:
Welcome to what I like to call…thehellthatisbetweentattoos.

Seriously, it only gets worse. Now I’m in the IknowwhatIwantbutdon’thavethemoney phase.

I seriously think crack would be easier to kick

VERY true and exactly where I’m stuck.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Blue1;60440 wrote:
VERY true and exactly where I’m stuck.

Ditto. I’m getting to the point where I’m seriously considering sucking some cock for tattoo money.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
KnightHawk;60448 wrote:
Ditto. I’m getting to the point where I’m seriously considering sucking some cock for tattoo money.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

1lg018rofl.gif

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I know what you mean I promised my wife that my first tattoo would be my last now I am finishing up a backpiece and already had thoughts on a chestpiece.

Even when you get told by Dr’s that you are risking your health and your wife threatens to divorce you still think yes but what next…

Also crack addiction is quite easy to beat after the first hellish week of withdrawals the rest is just a mental exercise but with ink you have constant reminders of how great it is…:p

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.