karlague77
Participant
@karlague77

I’m heavily tattood, but unlike other’s tattoos mine are not that visible…mine are mainly on my back, stomach and both ribcages….so unless I’m at the beach or wearing something that will expose them no one can really see them. As far as being discriminated or treated different because of my tats, it’s never happened to me….btw my boyfriend loves my tattoos and he loves the idea that I want more!! lol and my personal opinion is that I would not be in a relationship with someone who will not allow me to do something I want to do…it’s ok if he gives his opinion about it, but in the end it is my decision to make.

lynnb81
@

girls with tat are hott…it’s very addicted and i only have 1 and i want 4 or 5 more ;p

IssaBella
Participant
@issabella

Your gonna get pretty bias opinions on here since it is a tattooed community.

I have have work that is easy to hide if necessary, but if its shown…can be very over baring for some. I have found that when I do go out and show my ink..i have more chances of being poked, questioned, stared at, gawked, and straight up stared at. I also have family members and friends that are overwhelmingly covered and have seen how they are treated in public places. Especially when they have work showing and I don’t. You can really get perspective when your in a situation like that.

For the most part…people are just curious. But you will come across those that find it trashy, offensive, and disgusting. IMO, its all how you carry yourself.

I say, go for what you want…but be prepared for the best and worst of it.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Well tattoos back in the day were a different thing. 50 years ago, if you had a visible tattoo, you’d get stared at and treated like you’d punched a small child in the face. Tattoos = rapist/murderer or sailor, no evidence needed.
Nowadays they’re like a drug society is slowly building an immunity up to – sure the guy with his face and neck tattooed is going to get some stares in most places, but the woman with the flower on her wrist, no one’s really going to care about.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Trampstamps = Slutty. I’m a pretty heavily tattooed girl myself, and I get some bad feedback sometimes.
The most common one; If I’m out clubbing or something, and a guy hits on me. When he sees my tattoos, I often get the “but you’re not getting any more, riiight??!” Guess who just got rejected ๐Ÿ˜› But I also experience a lot of guys who get totally turned on by tattoos.
My family wasn’t too happy about it at first, but now they don’t care anymore. They’ve realised that this is just a part of me.

My boyfriend however, loves them. He’s got one pretty big tattoo himself, and he’s planning to get more. I drew the one he’s got, too :p My tattoos are a big part of me, and I’ve made a lifetime commitment to the life and the heart of it all. I’m becoming a tattoo artist, so I guess some people kinda understand it more because of it.

In Norway tattoos aren’t much of a stigma anymore. I see more and more shops with employees with tattoos and piercings, people have just stopped caring about it. Having a full sleeve tattoo isn’t much worse than having a nostril piercing around here ๐Ÿ˜›

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

If the ink is quality and done right then it can really work well for a girl! ๐Ÿ˜€

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
JediMaster012;52835 wrote:
Depending entirely on how strongly he feels about it, I would definitely wait a while on it. I think it’s a matter of how much you value you his opinion and how much you are wanting to get them. I mean what’s a bit of ink compared to the person you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. It just seems to me that if you both of you just do what you want without regard for the other’s opinion, then that’s a recipe for disaster..

I would certainly agree with you if her s/o showed that much willingness to compromise, but it sounds like he is just as stuck in his “women with multiple tattoos are slutty” rut as she is stubborn to get ’em anyway. Now, we only know the summary given by the OP, not how exactly he said it so I am not trying to give the OP any advice on what to do.
That kind of regard for the other person’s opinion needs to work both ways, though. As I said, I understand people being worried about their partner’s job chances or concerned about the size, location or motive of any tattoos their partner is planning to get. Such topics should always be open for discussion and in a healthy relationship it should be possible to work out a solution everyone is happy with.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Quote:
Such topics should always be open for discussion and in a healthy relationship it should be possible to work out a solution everyone is happy with.

Very well said! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pjuma
Participant
@pjuma
Aussie_Al;53213 wrote:
Very well said! ๐Ÿ˜‰

me 3 i also agree on that.

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012
Asenath83;53211 wrote:
I would certainly agree with you if her s/o showed that much willingness to compromise, but it sounds like he is just as stuck in his “women with multiple tattoos are slutty” rut as she is stubborn to get ’em anyway. Now, we only know the summary given by the OP, not how exactly he said it so I am not trying to give the OP any advice on what to do.
That kind of regard for the other person’s opinion needs to work both ways, though. As I said, I understand people being worried about their partner’s job chances or concerned about the size, location or motive of any tattoos their partner is planning to get. Such topics should always be open for discussion and in a healthy relationship it should be possible to work out a solution everyone is happy with.

I didn’t really read any unwillingness to compromise. The way I interpreted it was that he got really uncomfortable about the topic and just got defensive. Either way, I don’t think it’s fair to assume that he would never compromise.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

Jedimaster, that’s exactly why I wrote this:

Quote:
Now, we only know the summary given by the OP, not how exactly he said it so I am not trying to give the OP any advice on what to do.
Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Let us all know how it all works out!

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012
Asenath83;53314 wrote:
Jedimaster, that’s exactly why I wrote this:

Ah. Sorry about that. Was responding quickly last time while I was at work. ๐Ÿ™‚

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
JediMaster012;53369 wrote:
Ah. Sorry about that. Was responding quickly last time while I was at work. ๐Ÿ™‚

No worries!

tattman91
Participant
@tattman91

I quite enjoy a nice woman with ink. It all depends on the style of tattoo and placement. tell you fiance to eat shit… tattoos are sexy. After all, he should love you for the person beneath than what others may see in the flesh. Your body, Your soul…. go get some colour.

My better half doesnt want me to get any more but what she doesnt know is ill have a suit before my 30th birthday…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.