Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;88621 wrote:
Well, imho, therein lies the problem. Rather than simply booking an app’t to get it done, you’re dancing around it and asking him to sketch something up and so forth. The sketch is typically done the day of your app’t, as the artist really needs to have you there in person to get an idea of how the piece will flow on you – but it’s even more important in the case of a coverup where the artist has to work w/ something that is already there. If you haven’t already burned this bridge, my advice woudl just be to book the app’t already and move forward. None of the really good artists are likely to have patience for this “well, I don’t know ….” If you go to another sh*tty artist, you could end up w/ a piece just as bad off or worse than what you already have. If it were me, I’d be anxious as hell to do anything to get that thing covered up ASAP.

Ah I just assumed he would draw something, and then adjust it to go with my body as needed. That does make sense. I’ll shoot him another e-mail and try to set up an appointment and make the journey over.

yodaddynukka;88627 wrote:
have you considered toxyc from last rites?
l_3f23d1f00359da6d08272d3b4daa9a97.jpg

im sure he is pretty hard to contact also. and i agree with d3fianc3’s comments.

Nope, but I’ll look into him. Thanks a lot.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

:):p:rolleyes:;):D:cool::eek:

sorry my daughter just wanted to see these happy faces…

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Toxyc’s work is great but I’m sure his waiting list is quite long.

NickPrender
Participant
@nickprender

wow thats terrible. i dont get why people go to these hack job artists? dont you look at their portfolios? and he sketched out the outline…that in itself is garbage. the color work is disgusting but the design is terribly flawed. i could have shit on a piece of paper and it would looked better than this. i hope you really consider a real artist and not some hack job to fix this mess

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
NickPrender;88725 wrote:
wow thats terrible. i dont get why people go to these hack job artists? dont you look at their portfolios? and he sketched out the outline…that in itself is garbage. the color work is disgusting but the design is terribly flawed. i could have shit on a piece of paper and it would looked better than this. i hope you really consider a real artist and not some hack job to fix this mess

In case you haven’t read the first 3 pages of the thread we’ve been over this. So post something useful or kindly GTFO.

NickPrender
Participant
@nickprender

hahaha sorry man. im not the one walking around with a piece of shit tattoo covering the greater portion of my back. ya mad? seems it.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
NickPrender;88750 wrote:
hahaha sorry man. im not the one walking around with a piece of shit tattoo covering the greater portion of my back. ya mad? seems it.

Haha this honestly made me laugh, get a life pal.

NickPrender
Participant
@nickprender

Guess what made me laugh…that back piece hahahaha

Tribalwarrior
Participant
@tribalwarrior

Yeah, I agree that it is a bad tattoo. No doubt. It doesn’t even look like a Phoenix. It looks like a chicken on fire. What the hell were you thinking OP to let them put that on you? I agree with the others that I would save up enough cash($2,000 minimum) to get the job done right. Find a credible artist and get it done. You don’t want that thing on you the rest of your life. Ugh.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
NickPrender;88769 wrote:
Guess what made me laugh…that back piece hahahaha

ZING!

Owned.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

How about you guys stop rehashing old news and crapping over Phoenix? That’s over and done with, and now we are discussing solutions instead of problems.

rayrays
@

Yikes.. I don’t like this being my first post here but that really is a bad tattoo, and everyone else has already established that.

I checked out Tim Pangburns work and if he is willing to cover it with a full backpiece… DO IT. You will love it, even if you never wanted a full piece. What’s done is done, you’re in this for the long haul now. Embrace it!

Amok
Participant
@amok

I agree with the above posters regarding getting a full back piece. It sounds a bit like you’re rushing into it though. I would wait a few months till you’ve saved up enough money to pay for the whole thing before even starting it, that will give you plenty of time to find the right artist.

If you rush into this coverup and its terrible, your only option will be laser removal. Good luck mate, hope it works out for you.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i think he found the right artist. tim pangburn or bust!

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

I’ve been trying to meet up with Tim for some time now but he is very difficult to get a hold of, and he recently moved studios so its going to be even more of an issue. I’m heading to Massachusetts for college at the end of August and he says the earliest I’ll be able to even have a consult is mid August so I’m thinking it’s going to be an issue.

I was recommended this man from Bayside Ink:

http://www.baysideinktat2.com/tommy.html

Any thoughts on his work? I’m going to have him sketch what he thinks he can do for me soon, but unless I really love what he has I’ll probably try to still wait it out for Tim. I would appreciate getting thoughts on his work though.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.