ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

Your tattoo could be either fixed or covered depending on what your preference is. Its not a jacked up as you might think. You just really need to chose your artist better dont just check portfolios. Try to get in the shop and see some of his/her work when its being done. Some people are inconsistent. Regardless of the route you choose there will be a lot of black involved.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Went to Southside Tattoos and the sketch for the fix was much better but I still want to see what Tim can draw up for me first. Though he’s hasn’t replied to my question yet. I think I’ll just call him sometime this week and set everything up just to get it done and rolling.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Phoenix5;86766 wrote:
Went to Southside Tattoos and the sketch for the fix was much better but I still want to see what Tim can draw up for me first. Though he’s hasn’t replied to my question yet. I think I’ll just call him sometime this week and set everything up just to get it done and rolling.

Is Southside where you got the original tattoo?

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;86771 wrote:
Is Southside where you got the original tattoo?

No, I went here: http://www.galactictattoos.com/index#!__index/gallery/vstc1=al

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Did you even see their gallery before going there???

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
BertNaked;86788 wrote:
Did you even see their gallery before going there???

I don’t see anything wrong with their gallery.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
Phoenix5;86789 wrote:
I don’t see anything wrong with their gallery.

I’ll give you a hint.

thisfuckingflashshit.jpg
FUCK.jpg

btw, that flashshit on their site made the work of posting this picture, or even studying pictures
friggin timeconsuming.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

wow, those are awful. Honestly there’s not a single tattoo in Al’s gallery that looks even remotely good. The link work is really shaky, use of color is poor … I wouldn’t let this guy ink me for free.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Well guess I just don’t know what to look for, glad to see I’m at the right place though.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Phoenix5;86794 wrote:
Well guess I just don’t know what to look for, glad to see I’m at the right place though.

Stick with it you will learn.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Seeing how difficult it has been contacting Pangburn for the past month (its been like pulling teeth trying to arrange this…) I have to assume he isn’t confident about doing it or just doesn’t want to so I’m thinking its time to start searching again.

I’m thinking about going with an adjustment rather than a full blown cover up.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Can you be more specific? So you emailed/called Pangburn’s shop and said “I’d like to make an appointment for the coverup we discussed.” And he said …. ?

Or have you kept going back and forth with him as you have here?

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
D3FiANC3;88615 wrote:
Can you be more specific? So you emailed/called Pangburn’s shop and said “I’d like to make an appointment for the coverup we discussed.” And he said …. ?

Or have you kept going back and forth with him as you have here?

I’ve tried calling several times and no one ever answers, even though I then hear the answering machine say that I’m calling within their hours.

I’ve contacted him through e-mail and he’s told me that my desire to keep it symmetrical will be difficult, which I responded to I’d like him to try but if it turns out he can’t I’d still like to see what he can draw up. I’ve asked him pretty much every e-mail how I can pay him so he can start the sketch and he never replies…It now takes him weeks to reply and I often have to resend e-mails.

I’m not sensing much enthusiasm.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Well, imho, therein lies the problem. Rather than simply booking an app’t to get it done, you’re dancing around it and asking him to sketch something up and so forth. The sketch is typically done the day of your app’t, as the artist really needs to have you there in person to get an idea of how the piece will flow on you – but it’s even more important in the case of a coverup where the artist has to work w/ something that is already there. If you haven’t already burned this bridge, my advice woudl just be to book the app’t already and move forward. None of the really good artists are likely to have patience for this “well, I don’t know ….” If you go to another sh*tty artist, you could end up w/ a piece just as bad off or worse than what you already have. If it were me, I’d be anxious as hell to do anything to get that thing covered up ASAP.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

have you considered toxyc from last rites?
l_3f23d1f00359da6d08272d3b4daa9a97.jpg

im sure he is pretty hard to contact also. and i agree with d3fianc3’s comments.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.