Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
yodaddynukka;86200 wrote:
I guarantee u with tim victim, u wont need to lighten it up. He can make a pile of dog shit look like gold.

I don’t doubt it, his work looks amazing.

D3FiANC3;86201 wrote:
Pangburn specializes in cover-ups so given the choice, it’s well worth the very short wait. There are artists booked for years so a month or two is nothing.

Oh yeah the wait is nothing, if it’s really only till June then that would be great.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

If you go with Tim, your tattoo is going to go from the worst to the best. Enjoy.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

So I went to Electric Tattoo today and although he fixed the head the rest wasn’t really different. He really didn’t seem too sure about the whole deal so I think I’ll wait to hear back from Tim. If he can fix it for me I’d definitely go with him.

Everyone I’ve talked to seems to have a serious problem doing it but hopefully since he specializes in cover ups he shouldn’t struggle as much with it.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Huh? The head is actually the least obnoxious part of the whole thing. If you fix anything at all, you need to fix everthing below the neck of the bird.

I’m glad you’re not going with someone that isn’t sure about it. A botched cover-up could become even worse than the original.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

I was under the impression that with the light coloring it shouldn’t be too difficult to fix up, but they all seem really hesitant. Again, most likely because they generally don’t do Cover Ups.

He didn’t show me how the colored product will look (Do artists generally not do this? Because the first guy didn’t either which was the major problem…), but judging by the outline it didn’t seem like he planned on changing much at all other than the head and some of the flames by the tail.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

im curious as to which artists were the ones having serious problems about the cover up. the “big name” artists some of us have mentioned shouldnt have too much problems about covering that piece up, considering how light it is. maybe because of the size?

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
yodaddynukka;86411 wrote:
im curious as to which artists were the ones having serious problems about the cover up. the “big name” artists some of us have mentioned shouldnt have too much problems about covering that piece up, considering how light it is. maybe because of the size?

As I said the guys at Electric weren’t really for it, another small place I checked out was basically useless. Here’s what Sean Zee told me:

“Yeah that would be super hard to cover because of all the stuff that was black outlined. It’s super stiff looking so that makes it really hard to cover and actually give it some life so it flows with your muscle structure and bone structure. Your best bet would be to have just the black outline lazered once or twice being the orange and yellow wouldn’t matter and then work something new over it. At this point with what you have you would be stuck with the same stiff shape and that’s not the type of work I do.”

He also offered to hook me up with a friend of his to do the lasering for me rather than an expensive dermatologist that would do minimal work, but I’d prefer to not if I dont have to, which is why I want to speak to Tim first.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Phoenix5;86413 wrote:
He also offered to hook me up with a friend of his to do the lasering for me rather than an expensive dermatologist that would do minimal work

That should ring all sorts of bells right there. Any layperson that claims that they can do the job of a medically trained professionals, better and cheaper, is lying through their teeth.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
ArniVidar;86414 wrote:
That should ring all sorts of bells right there. Any layperson that claims that they can do the job of a medically trained professionals, better and cheaper, is lying through their teeth.

“I’d set you up with my buddy who does all my lazering and all the top tattoo artists in the world…”

I don’t know, it does really seems like he’s trying to sell him.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Phoenix5;86413 wrote:
rather than an expensive dermatologist that would do minimal work

Sounds like someone’s trying to make himself more than he is, at the cost of others’ reputations.

Adler
Participant
@adler

First, I’ve been tattooed by Sean Zee and he was really cool and seemed like an upstanding guy. I doubt he’d send you to someone who couldn’t do the work professionally.
I also wonder how this has been talked about with artists because I’m hearing two different things I think…”fix” and “coverup”. I might be wrong but as far as I know these are two different things and most artists don’t want to touch (fix) someone else’s work unless they’re given freedom to do an entire cover. So if you talk to Pangburn I think it’s important to convey you want a coverup not just fixing the existing piece. Although it seems Zee understood you wanted a coverup.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
Adler;86419 wrote:
First, I’ve been tattooed by Sean Zee and he was really cool and seemed like an upstanding guy. I doubt he’d send you to someone who couldn’t do the work professionally.
I also wonder how this has been talked about with artists because I’m hearing two different things I think…”fix” and “coverup”. I might be wrong but as far as I know these are two different things and most artists don’t want to touch (fix) someone else’s work unless they’re given freedom to do an entire cover. So if you talk to Pangburn I think it’s important to convey you want a coverup not just fixing the existing piece. Although it seems Zee understood you wanted a coverup.

If they can fix it without doing an entire cover up that’s fine but if that’s what it takes I’m perfectly fine with it. In my message to Pangburn I made it clear that I was looking for a cover up, and I’m just waiting a response now. If I don’t hear from him tomorrow I might message him on facebook.

And I haven’t completely knocked Zee off of the list, but like I said if Pangburn can do it without any removal I’d be all for it.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Maybe he liked the tattoo and didn’t want to change anything?

Let Tim do this. Not some newbie that got permition to touch human skin with a needle for 3 years ago.
They can’t do cover-ups, it’s way to complicated.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Well I messaged Tim through his website, waited a few days, and then sent a similar message along with a friend request on facebook. He accepted my friend request but didn’t reply to my message -_-

I guess I’ll shoot him another message tomorrow if he still hasn’t replied.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

What happened with Pangburn?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.