ColdRosez
Participant
@coldrosez

Anyone work in the music industry with tattoos? if so, is it a problem at all?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Tattoos a problem in the music industry? How is that possible?

ColdRosez
Participant
@coldrosez
ArniVidar;92863 wrote:
Tattoos a problem in the music industry? How is that possible?

I was talking about the ‘corporate’ side of the music industry rather than the performance side. Wasn’t sure how the suits at record labels/management companies feel about tattoos.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Ah, gotcha!

FaceValueMag
@

Unfortunately, there are very few places in the work industry that allow tattoos. I’m waiting on a law against this type of discrimination.
Martin Luther King had a dream that his children would be judge by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. . Well whether tattooed people were born tattoo-less, this is the new color of their skin.

I’m tattooed and I’m working really hard to overcome this discrimination everyday so I created my own Tattoo Magazine. I wanted to create an environment where I didn’t have to cover my tattoos and do what I love best : write.

the website is : FaceValueMagazine.com check it out if anyone is interested. I’ll be having artist spotlights, articles and a bunch of features.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

tattoo and body modification are protected in several cities in california, but I am not sure we will see a national law, tattoo is nothig like discrimination because of skin color, or handicap, tattoo is ofcourse our choice

xt3r
Participant
@xt3r

I’m an airline pilot which kinda sucks! Have to wear a singlet to cover the ink on my torso, as it comes through the white shirt 🙁

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

i have to admit, in some countries,such as China, Japan, people will not completely accept person who have tattoos,i think it is bias.
When get in touch with my friend with tattoos, they are really very good person,so i change my opions!
:p

sbtome5998
Participant
@sbtome5998

I worked 3 summers at Hollister, which is really THE SAME THING, and all 3 managers had tattoos and piercings. Every one has tattoos these days and to not embrace that market will make them fail as the future unfolds. I have worked everywhere from hospitals to weight loss centers with tattoos all over me and I will NEVER work for a company that discriminates on the people that they make their money from!

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
sbtome5998;98842 wrote:
I worked 3 summers at Hollister, which is really THE SAME THING, and all 3 managers had tattoos and piercings. Every one has tattoos these days and to not embrace that market will make them fail as the future unfolds. I have worked everywhere from hospitals to weight loss centers with tattoos all over me and I will NEVER work for a company that discriminates on the people that they make their money from!

I hear what you are saying sadly some places do look down on tattoos that show when you are wearing full business wear.

sbtome5998
Participant
@sbtome5998
Aussie_Al;98938 wrote:
I hear what you are saying sadly some places do look down on tattoos that show when you are wearing full business wear.

Oh of course they do. It just takes a consistent effort to break molds..I think we are doing a good job so far!!

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
Aussie_Al;98938 wrote:

True enough – but then again I won’t be caught DEAD wearing “full business wear”. Neckties and suits are the attire of slaves – the “male burqa”. Don’t just say “no”, say “HELL NO!”.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Zorba;99236 wrote:
True enough – but then again I won’t be caught DEAD wearing “full business wear”. Neckties and suits are the attire of slaves – the “male burqa”. Don’t just say “no”, say “HELL NO!”.

Nothing wrong with looking good. There is nothing like the respect that a good suit commands.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
buttwheat;99277 wrote:
Nothing wrong with looking good. There is nothing like the respect that a good suit commands.

“Nothing wrong with looking good” – agreed totally. However, a suit isn’t “looking good” – you can look a Hell of a lot BETTER by wearing many things other than a suit. Look at history and/or the world’s ethnic clothing. A row of penguins all looking alike. No thank you…

As for a suit “commanding respect” – the only reaction I have to one is contempt for the forced conformity and true pity for the poor slave wearing it. No respect whatsoever.

Its high time for males to throw off almost 200 years of this stupid looking and VERY uncomfortable nonsense. Its happening slowly, but it won’t happen completely until males realize that they can “look good” in something else (take your pick!).

ArniVidar
@arnividar

For one so open minded, you are horribly bigoted and narrow-minded 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 270 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.