Slappy13
Participant
    @slappy13
ryannnnn;65014 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree. tattoos are becoming part of the norm.

I take that as kind of a good thing in a way but a bad thing in a way also.

Aussie_Al
Participant
    @aussie_al

very true – as soon as Miami Ink was on the air here in the USA I would be stopped by regular people eager to engage in conversations about good quality tattoos etc

mikey_ink
Participant
    @mikey_ink

Of course you’re gonna get “discrimination” but since it’s usually printed out as part of the application process while hunting for a job with most companies, it’s not discrimination anymore but becomes policy, which is different. “Policy” covers a companies ass.

This is why I own my own business’s. 🙂

Benjaminho
Participant
    @benjaminho

Yesterday i went into the new Apple store (iphones etc etc) its a new superhugemassiveAPPLE store in newcastle and im not playing around when i say EVERY employee had visible tatts, one guy had 2 full sleeves and nose rings IN – apple is cool =]

AND MODERN!

I think im gonna like this place…
Gsouder
Participant
    @gsouder

American eagle wants to protect their image so that mommy feels comfortable spending her money at their store.

Look, we live in a judgmental world. We are judged every day based on how we look and we judge every day on how other people look. It’s part of our life. We all made a choice to mark our bodies with ink and we all have to live with the fact that 75% of america is probably going to assume that we are ex-cons because of it. These establishments don’t give a flying rats ass whether you have “Fuck you” tattooed to your forehead or not; they care about the bottom line. In their opinion, having people with tattoos will affect that line and they don’t want that to happen.

I’m inked, and I’m getting more ink in 2 weeks. I have made my choices knowing that I’m limiting myself in some ways for what I love. We all need to accept the fact that we are judged and act accordingly in our lives. You don’t give a shit? That’s fine, I don’t really give a shit about it either, but we should expect to be turned down from some places/jobs. It’s part of our lives now and we need to own that choice.

Sorry, I’m not trying to be all parental and everything, it’s just like when I was a teenager with a mohawk and chains all over my clothes with a bumper stick on the back of my car that said “D.A.R.E. to think for yourself”. I got pulled over ALL THE TIME. Why? Because I looked like what the police believed to be what a criminal looked like and they judged accordingly.

Anyway, I just thought I’d throw my .02 out there. Let the self righteous shit storm begin.

Benjaminho
Participant
    @benjaminho

To be fair, england is much more tolerant than america, ive worked at 4 places, (shops as im in college studying too) and ive never even been asked if i have tattoo’s – america sounds much more harsh, id say half the people i know have tattoo’s.

I think im gonna like this place…
Aussie_Al
Participant
    @aussie_al
Gsouder;66241 wrote:
Sorry, I’m not trying to be all parental and everything, it’s just like when I was a teenager with a mohawk and chains all over my clothes with a bumper stick on the back of my car that said “D.A.R.E. to think for yourself”. I got pulled over ALL THE TIME. .

Haha thats awesome

I read some article once about how some band that toured America deliberately had all “praise jesus” and stickers like that on the back so they would not get pulled over by the cops, esp in the deep souith