Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i noticed a shop in nottingham that only employes people with tattoos and funky hair 😀
they all over the uk too i think , cfx or something ??

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

In Australia where I live, you’re probably more likely to get a job in a fashion store if you have tattoos. Not a formal wear shop, but something aimed at younger people.

I’ve got something called a Tatjacket, it’s a flesh coloured piece of nylon stuff (like a stocking) that covers up your tatts pretty well. I’ve got a job interview Monday, if they don’t employ me ‘cos of my ink I’ll be pretty pissed.
The job I’ve got at the moment I wear long sleeves for, considering that about 90% of customers are grumpy old people.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I had some job interviews last year and covered up my visible tattoos, at one interview the person doing the interview had visible tats and so did several of their employees. I got the job and regularly wear tee shirts that show off my ink, even my boss has complimented me on them! My daughter now has a job there too and shows off her ink as well.

Last week i was talking to a girl on the checkouts in Asda, she had a full sleeve of which the bottom was just showing below her cuff, she said that it was the worst thing she had ever done and regrets it every day, she felt that having a full sleeve had limited her choice of job. She said that she never wears really feminine clothes and always covers up, even on holiday, won’t wear a swimming costume or sleevless tops. I thought it was such a shame that she felt that way, she must have put quite a lot of thought into having the sleeve done too.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I think the discrimination is terrible to be honest. As long as you don’t have ‘Fuck’ on your chin I don’t see the problem.

The world we live in is a world of fear, people think badly of people with tattoos because we look ‘aggressive’ thus we create fear in folk. However there are people who think every Muslim is a terrorist or every black person is a gang banger and before people start an uproar about how race isn’t a choice and tattoos are, my only point is how are we supposed to break these stereotypes if nobody gives us the opportunity to?

The human race is pathetic and far too concerned with political correctness.

newyearspumpkin
Participant
@newyearspumpkin
ontwo;64320 wrote:
I work at a bank…enough said

ha ha, me too! no more white blouses …

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531
Ddenzik;64340 wrote:
I agree, the only reason i wanted the job there is because of the girls that come through lol. The mall its in is a very very busy mall located by an airport in tampa florida.

Wait the huge mall in Brandon?

Ddenzik
Participant
@ddenzik
MrSultan531;64612 wrote:
Wait the huge mall in Brandon?

No Its called International Plaza. The huge mall in brandon is the westfield mall.

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13

I initally thought the American Eagle in question was the regional airline by the same name since I work for a airline myself and am well on my way to having my second and last full sleeve done. Non of the management care and it’s pretty much a non issue in my field of work since the airplanes don’t have any feelings which is good cause my language towards them can be a bit vulgar at times lol. When I fly on stand-by I do normally try to wear a long sleeve shirt but not all the time since none of my tattoos are vulgar and I don’t wear my badge paying passangers think I’m just another person trying to fly from point A to point B.

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

I would have thought that as long as they werent offensive then it would have been illegal to discriminate on the grounds of having a tattoo ( and actually telling you so !! )

( I know the British police force didn’t allow forearm tattoos on show many years ago ( you had to wear sleeves down) – but nowadays they allow them !

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Ddenzik;64340 wrote:
I agree, the only reason i wanted the job there is because of the girls that come through lol. The mall its in is a very very busy mall located by an airport in tampa florida.

HAHA good man – I like the way you think! 😀

Indigo
Participant
@indigo

I lost a job as a relief teacher at a private school because a parent complained about 2 tats on my left ankle. They are both pretty small and non offensive (rose and a character). Was a bitch because the money was good for not much work….oh well.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

Before I got tatted on my forearms, this was the reason I didn’t want to. But I figured if a job didn’t allow it, i could always cover up, unless it’s on my neck or hands.

I work at Vons, a grocery store for rich old white people, I have to wear long sleeves. I don’t mind…

I look sexy in long sleeves anyway

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Whats weird is after reading this thread yesterday i went to my local Walgreens (Local drug store , think BOOTS or somewhere British ppl) and the kid on the register had a blue polo shirt with a massive forearm piece and nobody cared

iMark
Participant
@imark
Aussie_Al;64997 wrote:
Whats weird is after reading this thread yesterday i went to my local Walgreens (Local drug store , think BOOTS or somewhere British ppl) and the kid on the register had a blue polo shirt with a massive forearm piece and nobody cared

Give it a few more years and that sort of reaction shall be the norm rather than the exception.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn
iMark;65007 wrote:
Give it a few more years and that sort of reaction shall be the norm rather than the exception.

I wholeheartedly agree. tattoos are becoming part of the norm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 270 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.