Riyko
Participant
@riyko

@Aussie_Al 130113 wrote:

what sort of work were you doing in the USA?

Financial Planner/Financial Planning at a bank then a credit union

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Riyko 130152 wrote:

Financial Planner/Financial Planning at a bank then a credit union

That’s a tough one. The only other occupation with stiffer requirements would be a funeral director.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Interestingly enough, I was in my credit union just last week. The (female) teller had a nice tattoo on one of her arms. I complemented her on it – and also expressed my support for the credit union allowing her to show it. She told me that she actually wasn’t supposed to have it showing. I told her to tell management about my support if they give her grief. Sounds like they’re not really enforcing the rule.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

@Zorba 130183 wrote:

Interestingly enough, I was in my credit union just last week. The (female) teller had a nice tattoo on one of her arms. I complemented her on it – and also expressed my support for the credit union allowing her to show it. She told me that she actually wasn’t supposed to have it showing. I told her to tell management about my support if they give her grief. Sounds like they’re not really enforcing the rule.

In my old bank one of the mid managers had 6 tattoos – she would run up to me every time I did some banking to show me her new small piece – she had to have them where the general public wouldn’t see them as they were strict at her bank – fair enough

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I’ll throw in my .02. I used to work at Costco, and no visible tats were allowed. We had a guy in the food court with a big bandage on his neck covering a tat, now tell me that doesn’t look more tacky! I have tattoos on my back, chest, and side. This thread is the only reason I haven’t gotten a half/or full sleeve yet!

I work for a small business now, and unfortunately the girl before me in my position was a terrible employee, and guess what- she had tattoos. She only reinforced the stereotype that tattoos are bad haha.

fnoperi
Participant
@fnoperi

I work for my Dad in construction, but i only have 1 tattoo in my wrist. I do get a lot of hate comments by him about my facial piercings. He wants me to get another job that would suit my style that would allow it. He said I’m a hard worker, and said if you were not my son, i would fire you a long time ago.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@fnoperi 132658 wrote:

I work for my Dad in construction, but i only have 1 tattoo in my wrist. I do get a lot of hate comments by him about my facial piercings. He wants me to get another job that would suit my style that would allow it. He said I’m a hard worker, and said if you were not my son, i would fire you a long time ago.

You should get a job working for another contractor.

What does he think “your style” is?

fnoperi
Participant
@fnoperi

weird, gothic. I keep it to a minimal during work. When it’s night, i reveal my dark secret, muhaha ๐Ÿ˜€

fortunes
Participant
@fortunes

@fnoperi 132664 wrote:

weird, gothic. I keep it to a minimal during work. When it’s night, i reveal my dark secret, muhaha ๐Ÿ˜€

Yep, that’s how it rolls. At night we CHANGE ๐Ÿ™‚

MaCheenIt
Participant
@macheenit

AHHHHhhhh yes. At the workplace. Now “she” is a twenty-something with a trick looking evil fairy looking adorably evil and cute. Little sinister fairy is seductive, provocative, and guys want to touch that tattoo as much as the rest of the lil’ vixen.
The artist outdid himself and he poked ink in a way that damn near brings that tat to life.

The fairy holds a wicked blade that somehow makes the possibility of being cut acceptable! a tattoo that wins. in fact, it wins her a job by the filthy minded chester holding the interview. He tells her that he also has a tattoo. WHAT a great day.

That was last week. Now, Chester, who closed his mind to provide room for his assumtions (with regards to the fact that people are individuals) is like a bad odor that won’t dissipate. Fairy tat girl is in hell because CHESTER operates on his assumption that girls who have tats are… sluts, and will include even him if he makes the right offer. Chester bugs the poor girl constantly.

She kinda needs this job, and turns him down each time, politely, in a sweet way that chester interprets as some kind of foreplay. She is scared enough that she mentions it to her very dear, insanely serious, gorilla. I MEAN BOYFRIEND. Sorry.

Chester spent two months in a hospital, and according to him, has trouble peeing. His kidneys are still pulpy from his ultimate fighter MMA style ass beating. (sidebar: when you see “her” boyfriend and he “explains” that he IS going to hurt you in 4 words or less, do not threaten him, RUN! duh…)
She is out of a job, and boyfriend, (for a year anyway)

SOMETIMES they DON’T mind tattoos. One thing is certain, Chester tried to tell the court how the tattoo was used to “tease” him, and also that the “tease” became a ROBBERY when he went to meet the girl AT HER invitation, after work.
Court found Chester’s version to be bullshit. Boyfriend was told by court, “…while the feelings are understood, the action taken is where we find fault…” and instead of robbery and attempted murder, HAH! simple assault, one year.

TATTOOS/EMPLOYMENT
discrimination has many facets… please ladies, do be careful. ^^ Tat girl and boyfriend ARE friends of mine^^

Natty Parkin
Participant
@natty-parkin

Hi, I am currently completing my research project, I’m trying to find out whether having body art affects the chances of employment. Can anyone with any kind of body art please do my survey and it would also help me quite a lot if you could share my survey around to other people with body art. Thank You. ๐Ÿ™‚
Body Art Survey

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Natty Parkin 145764 wrote:

Hi, I am currently completing my research project, I’m trying to find out whether having body art affects the chances of employment. Can anyone with any kind of body art please do my survey and it would also help me quite a lot if you could share my survey around to other people with body art. Thank You. ๐Ÿ™‚
Body Art Survey

taking surveys makes me fart

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@NorCalDan 145766 wrote:

taking surveys makes me fart

Not too bad. Surveys make me break out in little assholes then I shit myself!

jennydb
Participant
@jennydb

Actually there’s a priest here in Norway who just wrote a book who looks totally metal. Tattoos all over, full sleeve. Not too uncommon here amongst the younger ones. You’d probably have to be a priest of a liberal convention though to be accepted for it. ๐Ÿ˜›

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

im a bouncer, tattoos are generally just accepted here lol

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 270 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.