ArniVidar
@arnividar
Sherav;60751 wrote:
lets face it the forum is there to challenge us on our opinions.

Not when you threaten to ban anyone who disagrees with you, regardless of whether or not your view is any more ‘right’ than others’.

Although personally I share your view on the matter, if you walk/drive by a photography studio with a display window, you will usually find pictures of kids. And quite often these kids will be naked. The pictures rarely openly show genitals but they are clearly completely naked.

And why do those pictures exist? Because the parents decided to have their children photographed by a professional. Are all parents who have naked pics of their children pedophiles? No… I’m not claiming that’s what you were implying. Just throwing forward a reasonable question.

I don’t know how it is in other countries, but here children play naked. Parents may sit on the porch and have a grand time, and their children will be running around the garden during summer time, perhaps running through the sprinklers, buck naked.

People will walk by and smile at the innocence of youth, and MOST will never think it to be sexual at all. This, too, applies to naked photography of the same children. They are all innocent and happy, and I can understand parents wanting happy pictures of their kids.

That being said, I don’t want pictures of my kids naked. Nor do I want them to run around naked outside. I think the world is a shitty place full of crappy people with questionable morals. I may very well over-protect my children but I can live with that just fine, thank you very much.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Arni

I have given it a lot of thought and yes I am in agreement I should not allow my personal feelings dictate to others even if I feel correct in doing so.

To that end I have requested that I be taken off the moderation team.

Take Care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Sherav;60756 wrote:
I have requested that I be taken off the moderation team.

Now THAT can not be a good thing. This place needs good moderators, and you are one!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Don’t be a fucking idiot Matthew. Quitting because you had one slip of the tongue is a real drama queen thing to do. Sack up like you normally do and move the fuck on.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Just because you have a “oh fuck me runnin” moment doesn’t mean that you need to step down. As KH stated that is the drama queen thing to do.

We all have different opions/thoughts/feelings. That’s life…no one is always goin to agree with the other and if we did do you realize how fuckin boring the world would be?

Ya don’t need to do anything drastic. You’re a damn fine moderator. So put ya big girl panties on and deal with it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
ArniVidar;60758 wrote:
Now THAT can not be a good thing. This place needs good moderators, and you are one!

Agreed.

Topics like this one will (and should) always cause strong reactions. It’s nothing to joke about, and as we all know online forums can make a comment come across a lot more uncalled for or nasty than it was originally intended. We see an example of that here and I don’t think any harsh consequences need to follow for any member.

The thing with “naked kiddie photos” is that in earlier days, they just stayed where they should remain, in Momma’s private photo album, only pulled out to amuse the immediate family and potential in-laws.
Many people weren’t even aware that these pictures could be seen as material for pedophiles.

Now everyone is paranoid (and still uploading those pictures on the internet for everyone to see and grab?!) and no one knows anymore where to draw the line between a harmless picture of a chubby kid in the bathtub/on some furry blanket/at the beach and something that is definitely seedy.

vendetta-92
Participant
@vendetta-92

Getting your first in areas like that took cahoneys man. I was a pansy on my first, got it on my right shoulder. Its a wicked tat I might add, its original.

iMark
Participant
@imark

I’d forgotten about this thread. I never did post up pictures of the finished article.

Here’s how it ended up:

IMGP3658.jpg

IMGP3656.jpg

IMGP3659.jpg

Poker_Addict
@

I only have one tattoo and I already want to get a major portion of my body inked

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

oh my god! I get that while I’m getting ink! cos I know it’s going to stop and I’m still going to be unfulfillied!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Maybe im just being weird here but i actually love the feeling of the needle on my skin… The process of getting tattooed i really look forward to find it actually really relaxing!

HarrisAlanify
Participant
@harrisalanify

Yes, sir, tattoos are addictive. Next you would fall in love with it and can’t wait to tattoo the whole body.:D

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

In some areas, I’m not bothered, whereas in others the pain is pretty damn unpleasant. Regardless of the pain though, I find myself wanting more ink. I’m constantly planning future pieces, researching artists, etc. Even if I’m sitting in the chair thinkng “fuck that hurts!”, at the same time I’m excited to see the finished piece. I think I have a sickness. :p

Aldo4343
Participant
@aldo4343

Ok, this is gonna sound like a really strange question to ask ‘addicts,’ but knowing how you can’t let go, do any of you wish you hadn’t started the staining of the inexistent marks on your soul? ๐Ÿ˜›

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Aldo4343;102202 wrote:
Ok, this is gonna sound like a really strange question to ask ‘addicts,’ but knowing how you can’t let go, do any of you wish you hadn’t started the staining of the inexistent marks on your soul? ๐Ÿ˜›

I don’t believe that we have a soul. I guess that resolves that issue. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.