brittx3
Participant
@brittx3

I definitely get a lot of discrimination, questions, and rude remarks. In no way do I think its slutty for a girl to have more than one tattoo, but im also a girl. I have three so far, that you barely ever see, unless its summer or im barefoot. And when people find out they ask these questions such as “why would you do that?” “dont you like ur body how it is?” “arent you going to regret that” “youd be so much more beautiful without all those markings” and it honestly gets old. And i hate the things people think when they see a girl with tattoos (unless its positive of course)

i think if you designed it, go for it. it sounds like a pretty sick tattoo to me. Give him time, itll grow on him. Maybe get him a tattoo and hell get addicted :]

well, have a good one

<3Britt

Shamwow
Participant
@shamwow

Tattoos on women are almost always a major turn on for me (if its good)

dine
Participant
@dine

Isn’t this the big love-in altogether? All this positive expression is brilliant, but, let’s face it. Some women give tattoos a bad name! You could put the most beautiful ink on Vicky Pollards dumber sister and what happens? The art becomes a focus of derision and the sentiment becomes warped. The person is no longer ‘the blonde one, or ‘the loud one’, but the ‘one with tattoos’. Honestly, how mant times have any of you been getting work done and some minger who fought, and lost, a battle with black eyeliner that morning and still hasn’t picked off all last weeks black nail polish is there getting ‘Kelvin’ in a heart or ‘Jason’ on the back of her neck? [based on the fact he hadn’t got a condom last Saturday night so this is for ever!like!] Jaysus I could batter that lot.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Very true Dine…although we all know chavs suck…tattooed or not! ๐Ÿ˜€

ArniVidar
@arnividar
KnightHawk;52440 wrote:
I don’t know about you, but there ain’t nothing going in MY ass.

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it dude ๐Ÿ˜€

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
ArniVidar;52688 wrote:
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it dude ๐Ÿ˜€

Is that a joke or should I be scared?

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
dine;52632 wrote:
Isn’t this the big love-in altogether? All this positive expression is brilliant, but, let’s face it. Some women give tattoos a bad name! You could put the most beautiful ink on Vicky Pollards dumber sister and what happens? The art becomes a focus of derision and the sentiment becomes warped.

That”s exactly what I was hinting at earlier, unfortunately it’s not only the “chavs” anymore who think of completely random, unplanned and ill-executed tattoos as some kind of fashion accessory, thanks to various celebrity examples. Instead of making tattoos more socially acceptable, that has probably pushed them even further in the realm of “the things only weird people do”, while more and more piercings (like the nose stud or belly button piercing) seem to be no big deal even among those who consider themselves “the middleclass” (nice and normal).

alanw58
Participant
@alanw58

The trouble with asking a question like “do men like tattoos on girls” to this forum is that, because we’ve all got tattoos, all the blokes on here will say “yes they’re sexy”. And I’m with them ๐Ÿ™‚

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee
KelsandraAnn;51584 wrote:
Have any of you women out there experienced discrimination because of your tattoos?

I haven’t because of mine, but then the majority of the time they aren’t visible. The one on show most of the time is a tiny on on my forearm – only ever had positive remarks (it’s about the size of a 50p). The one between my shoulder blades I choose when to show off (have found some awesome jumpers with lowish back… still hide the bra) and when wearing strapless dresses/tops. This one people will often question. As in why that design, what is the meaning of it, etc. But again, never anything negative, the worst I’ll get is a puzzled face on people. lol! My third one is never on display.

However… having made the choice of having a tattoo on my arm, and on my shoulder blades, I ill never again look a “classy diva” (question is did I actually ever? ROFL!) in a stylish strapless gown. I will look like a tattooed chick trying to be classy. lol! Then again, my hair would give away the fact that I am not “classy”, even if I was to wear a stylish dress that covers my shoulders and long gloves… and that’s where wigs come in! ROFL!

My husband was against tattoos when we met. He’s now got two (both a gift from me) and thinking of surface coverage, he’s more tattooed then me.

I was recently in a position where staff would come to me for advise at work, and one guy asked me if it was ok for him to get a tattoo on his neck/face. As I explained, we would not have a problem at all with him getting one on his neck/face but that he might want to think long and hard about it before doing it, as even though he wouldn’t get a problem at his work now, he might be discriminated for it in the future.

It’s not just women who get discriminated against for tattoos… women might be looked at as slutty, but men will often be looked at as they got criminal intentions just because they got a tattoo. Luckily the world is gettign more and more accepting. One day hopefully no-one will care whether someone has got a tattoo (or several) or not.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming
bittytoffee;52774 wrote:
It’s not just women who get discriminated against for tattoos… women might be looked at as slutty, but men will often be looked at as they got criminal intentions just because they got a tattoo. Luckily the world is gettign more and more accepting. One day hopefully no-one will care whether someone has got a tattoo (or several) or not.

I think the only place where tattoos are still pretty much frowned upon are in the workplace. I work for Tesco and when I had my 3/4 sleeve started, everyone who saw it, co-workers and customers alike, just saw it as another tattoo and I have even had a few little old ladies compliment it, even though they didn’t have a clue what it was supposed to be lol.

But just 2 days ago now my managers seemed to have finally gotten fed up with it and have told me to cover it up, which sucks big time because they are the only ones who seem to have a problem with the tattoos. But it is part of the dress code so I won’t complain.

trysta85
Participant
@trysta85

If ur fiance loves you….then he shouldn’t care if you wanted to tatoo “F*%K” on your forehead!!!!!!!
It’s ur body!!! And it’s how u want to express ur self…so do what u want, and what makes u happy!

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012

I was refraining from chiming in, because I was afraid my differing opinion would get shot down, but I feel a need to comment now.

Depending entirely on how strongly he feels about it, I would definitely wait a while on it. I think it’s a matter of how much you value you his opinion and how much you are wanting to get them. I mean what’s a bit of ink compared to the person you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. It just seems to me that if you both of you just do what you want without regard for the other’s opinion, then that’s a recipe for disaster.

I see a lot of the responses saying that it’s your body, so why should he care what you do with it, but think about from his perspective. I personally know that if I were in your situation, I would hold off until my girlfriend/fiance/wife warmed up to the idea.

Anyway, I’m not even close to married, so take what I said with a grain of salt.

dine
Participant
@dine
JediMaster012;52835 wrote:
I was refraining from chiming in, because I was afraid my differing opinion would get shot down, but I feel a need to comment now.

Depending entirely on how strongly he feels about it, I would definitely wait a while on it. I think it’s a matter of how much you value you his opinion and how much you are wanting to get them. I mean what’s a bit of ink compared to the person you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. It just seems to me that if you both of you just do what you want without regard for the other’s opinion, then that’s a recipe for disaster.

I see a lot of the responses saying that it’s your body, so why should he care what you do with it, but think about from his perspective. I personally know that if I were in your situation, I would hold off until my girlfriend/fiance/wife warmed up to the idea.

Anyway, I’m not even close to married, so take what I said with a grain of salt.

Well said, and I agree if you want a relationship, but continue to act ENTIRELY independant of the other half, that is a certain lack of respect. It could be the OP’S boyfriend had a pre-convieved opinion on certain women with tatts and doesn’t want anyone else to have the same opinion of you. I’m not a huge fan of LA/Miami Ink any more [because it’s taken off in another direction besides the ink, imo.] but the one thing they did do is show how ink can be worn by women with pride and glamour.

Also, I’m very new here but so far it’s been very easy to express an honest opinion and not get shot down. That’s nice.

Styl
Participant
@styl

Kids, this forum is very good let me please.

I’m doing such a forum in Hungarian.

Pjuma
Participant
@pjuma

first off, i am new and NICE forum!!!

i work in a vet clinick and here in holland i think most of the ppl respect you ass you are.
But the other day when i told a college about my new tattoo my boss called me and asked where, i told him ” if i am taking one on my forehaed i will tell you” in a nice way.
the day of my opointment i talked to him some more about tattoos he said a few things that aren’t really nice ” i rather have a woman with rotten teeth>they give you cancer>ppl think the same way as me but they are just afraid to tell you the truth” well he was really going on about those things and it really bothered me couse i dont want that kind og opinion, if he doesnt like it Cool i am ok with it, but such things are just nasty to tell you.
well i got my first session and i only took 3 hours, i am hoping the rest will follow in 2 weeks.

and about your fiance, i am divorcing now, and having the time of my life even though he dumped me after 8 years, he was also against lots of tattoo, now i am single i got my back piece almost finished and its looking $#(Q(^&#$ amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ so happy without him!!
i am not saying you shuld brake up or anything really but he has to understand that tattoos are also YOU and he cant take you for granted.
i say my body is my diary so it will fillup after a few years ๐Ÿ™‚ got 4 now

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.