joe_brennan
Participant
@joe_brennan

currently i have no ink on me at all, and although i never plan to get a full sleeve (or any other tattoo) done in a fully planned out manner and large scaled, i do plan to be coverered top to bottom in smaller, specific tattoos by the end of my time 😛 im passionate. The only thing im worried about when it comes to creating a sleeve with smaller tattoos is what the finished outcome will be. i probably should go with the flow and spontaniously get tattoos done, but whenever i think about my first tattoo, i always take in to consideration what will come next 😛 for example, i’d like to get a tibetan skull on my arm, but then id also like to get some sailor jerry/old skool stuff, and then maybe an oriental style animal.

so my question is, would mixing different styles of tattoos on one joined up sleeve tattoo look stupid? and how would you go about joining them up?

this is just so i can visualise what i hope for in the future, spose i took the think before you ink phrase a bit too seriously 😛 thanks i advance

joe_brennan
Participant
@joe_brennan

sorry about the title! forgot to write it, grr

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Ok this is a personal opinion type thing really, 80% of the ppl I have tattooed are a mix mashed collage of work. Pieces they liked thrown on at different times in thier lives, as sleaves or full body suits go it looks fine, my husbands left arm has 23 different pieces on it and is only 3/4 full his right arm is half full with 16 tattoos on it. Going this route allows you more freedom to get what you want when you want it, it takes longer but in no way looks stupid. Another good example of a mixed matched suit is my uncle snake he is covered head to toe in mixed mashed tattoos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKdGnnjW1Ys&feature=related

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
joe_brennan;96675 wrote:
for example, i’d like to get a tibetan skull on my arm, but then id also like to get some sailor jerry/old skool stuff, and then maybe an oriental style animal.

I wouldn’t mix them it wont look right. You could do a old school sleeve and a jap sleeve that would look just fine.
A little bit of planning would make things flow better.

Feather I’m not sure why you posted the videos. The old guys face tattoos look as stupid as that trike. It’s like lets go to a bunch of yard sales and buy a bunch of crap and bolt it on to this trike. Well the tattoos look worse they are so poorly done and faded out it looks like just a bunch of veracious veins.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

lol I posted the vidios because i have no pictures scanned of his work, next time he comes for dinner I will get some and post them, most of his tattoos are older then you are and it shows no matter what you get, in 30 to 40 years time it will look like that, skin stretches, tattoos fade and blend, who cares what you get right now have fun with it because when you turn 70 it won’t matter what they looked like lolol.

Megan

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
feathertouch;96686 wrote:
lol I posted the vidios because i have no pictures scanned of his work, next time he comes for dinner I will get some and post them, most of his tattoos are older then you are and it shows no matter what you get, in 30 to 40 years time it will look like that, skin stretches, tattoos fade and blend, who cares what you get right now have fun with it because when you turn 70 it won’t matter what they looked like lolol.

Megan

I do love the way you take the shit given to you. 🙂

The fading of tattoos is why I waited till I was over 40 to get my first. By the time I’m 70 I don’t think I will give a fuck and will probably be dead.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Well I am naturally a happy polite person, life is to short to worry about the insults or mean ppl. I smile and continue on with life hehe

megan

tricky kid
@
buttwheat;96688 wrote:
I do love the way you take the shit given to you. 🙂

The fading of tattoos is why I waited till I was over 40 to get my first. By the time I’m 70 I don’t think I will give a fuck and will probably be dead.

what a lovely conversation between 2 of the dopiest people I have read about..get off tattooing and talk about something you know something about..

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In response to your sleeve idea(s) there are 2 ways to consider it.

Some would suggest one theme or themes that compliment each other to produce a sleeve.

Others would argue that it does not really matter as each tattoo would stand as a separate piece and the fact that they cover the whole arm or have filler background does not detract from that.

Obviously fitting together a number of different styles to form a sleeve can be more difficult but not impossible. I have seen Geishas leaning over anchors in a pin up style before now.

The key thing is if you plan your work then use your first ink as the starting point – is it going to be the main piece of focus or just one of several?

Off thread

I really did love that trike – I like to see individuality in these types.

Also the music video was great – not heard it before but does often sum up my thinking in life.

Take care
Matthew

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
tricky kid;97805 wrote:
what a lovely conversation between 2 of the dopiest people I have read about..get off tattooing and talk about something you know something about..

Why are you here? Your obviously a troll 11 of your 13 posts are negative. You have not posted any of your work while criticizing others. Being an asshole is a art and you don’t have it.
Try to think before you post something does this add anything to the thread? Is it informative? is it funny? Is this just dumb and I come off looking like an asshole? Sadly 11 of your 13 posts are the last. Just think a little bit before you hit submit reply.
Have a great day

Amok
Participant
@amok
tricky kid;97805 wrote:

Looks like we got another Internet tough guy. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and post some of your work?

tricky kid
@
Amok;97824 wrote:
Looks like we got another Internet tough guy. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and post some of your work?

My websites called “the gallery of flesh” all my work is on there under art by kye…

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
tricky kid;97825 wrote:
My websites called “the gallery of flesh” all my work is on there under art by kye…

Link?
…………

tricky kid
@
D3FiANC3;97826 wrote:
Link?
…………

Not sure how to post link off my phone when I work it out I will put it up along with some pics for the gallery..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
tricky kid;97825 wrote:

here is a google search for “the gallery of flesh” any of that you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.