anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Is there a stereotype regarding women with pierced tongues being more promiscuous?

On a totally unrelated note, what are you doing this weekend?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

lol!

going out on the town with my girlfriends as it happens! ๐Ÿ˜‰

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

oh…

and getting my tongue pierced lol

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ok so i didnt even make it till sunday, i went and got it done with my friend today lol here you go…

cheers for all the advice guys! ๐Ÿ˜€

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Although early days, was the advice so far correct?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Yes actually, surprisingly so, the feeling is like gettin a really large ear pierced as its done quite slowly to make sure that it stays properly lined up which is awful because although it doesn’t really hurt much it stings a little and it’s really creepy feeling a needle lowly being pushed through your tongue! Belly button was more of a sting even though it’s a similar process to that than to ear piercing. My tongue has swollen up a little but not enough to be really uncomfortable and yea it’s a little sore but no more than anything else. The long bar is incredibly annoying and it feels HUGE but I’ll deal with it. The worst thing so far is although eating can be a chore, sneezing is just downright traumatic! Lol I had a sneezing fit when I got home and bit down on the bastard thing which was horrible so now I’m terrified to sneeze! Lol all in all we’re getting on ok and we’ll see how it goes further down the line ๐Ÿ™‚

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Congrats! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Once the swelling goes down and once you can switch the bar over to a shorter one it will feel a lot better. Are you dissolving ice in your mouth to help with the swelling?

REmoKeiTH
Participant
@remokeith

I can’t answer the question of whether getting this piercing will cause you to become more of a slut, but it will sure make you sound funny. Of those people that I’ve talked to with a tongue piercing, all of them had developed quite a lisssp, and the piercing also regularly clicks against their teeth, creating a clicking and hissing sound combination..

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

is there an echo in here? pretty sure ive heard this response before? lol

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I’ve got my tongue done and got it done about a year ago and I couldn’t talk properly for a couple of days but since then it’s been fine. I don’t have a lisp of any problems and it rarely clacks against my teeth when I talk. I think the first couple of weeks it’s just a case of getting used to it. I found it more comfortable and easier when I swapped it to a smaller bar. I sometimes bite down on mine when I eat but it doesn’t happen that often and I love it!

How’s the healing process going so far then?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ok so i’ve had it for a week now, the long bar is a pain in the ass but im pretty much used to it now. my mother hates it lol apparently i sunconsciously play with it when im concentrating on other things and she thinks its gross! lol

My tongue swelled up a fair bit the first couple of days and i had nothing but 2 cans of soup in the first 3 days because it totally freaked me out. Now im back to eating like normal (we, normal for me, which is still only one meal a day because im so freaking busy atm!) had a first today when i got the fecking thing jammed in the spokes of my fork while i ate too quick on my break at work… that put shivers down my spine i can tell you! lol

other than that it only marginally affected my “th”‘s when i talk to much or too quickly and i have spoken perfectly fine the rest of the time, i can apparently (according to the guy that did the piercing) change to a smaller bar no sooner than 2 weeks from the day of the piercing which would be next saturday. in your experience is this correct or is this just one of those things they say? becasue this long bar can be a pest! lol the sweeling has completely gone and there is no pain and its not even sore or anything when i pull it around lol do you recommend i wait the extra week or can i get away with changing it a bit early? i know its only another week but its annoying lol x

Rupee
Participant
@rupee

In reply to something permenantly in your mouth after the swelling and healing is done you forget its there and really only notice it when its out!

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

The long bar is a bit of a nightmare but, like you said, you get used to it.

I play with mine sometimes but not that often. It’s a weird habit that you start quite quickly after having it eh?

I changed my bar about 8 weeks after having it done because I knew it would be more healed then than after 2 weeks. Tongue piercings can close over quite quickly so if you’re worried about finding the hole quickly after taking the other one out then I’d get your piercer to do it for you (most piercers offer a free down-size after 2 weeks). I’d suggest leaving it in for 6-8 weeks before changing it but it’s up to you. You can change it after 2 weeks if you want. They say 2 weeks because that’s the average amount of time it takes for swelling to go down.

I hope this helped!

Panter
Participant
@panter

Glad you’re happy with it, congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚

Gotta be honest though, all this talk of needles being pushed through your tongue, biting on it and snagging it in a fork just makes me feel downright queezy! I have a real phobia of needles ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

lol! so do it!

i have bought a couple of smaller bars as its been there over 2 weeks now, they should be delivered tomorrow so i took out the one i currently have and then put it back in to see how easy it was and i had no problems so i think i’ll swap it to one of the new ones tomorrow and see how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.