GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

It doesn’t make me think “slutty,” so much as “immature.” As other people have mentioned, damage to your teeth is too high a risk, in my opinion. And anyone who’d risk damaging their adult teeth would probably not impress me in certain social situations: Hiring them for a job or dating, specifically. However, tongue rings are easily removed. A retainer is easily placed. A lot of people like them. As long as you don’t need to get a job in an uber-conservative industry ASAP, any reason anyone else gives you is purely aesthetic (and purely opinion), save for dental issues, and I imagine you’ll know quickly if there are problems.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

well there has been no damage to my teeth, its not far enough forward to be rubbing or touching them so that’s not an issue, and i did speak to a number of people with their tongue pierced and asked them about their teeth which they said they havent had an issue with so not got a problem there.

I dont really know how you could say that it is immature? surely you could count any body modification of any kind to be immature if you neither understand or know anything about it? not much point being on a tattooing and piercing forum if you think the art form itself is “immature”? that’s like saying that a girl with a daisy tattoo on her wrist is immature… but how do you know why she has it? just an odd comment to make…

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

You asked for a personal opinion. I issued one, which was I see where a tongue ring could be read as immature; it’s my own knee-jerk reaction. I didn’t say it was correct, or that most people share it, or that you should share it.

If you only want opinions that match your own, I apologize.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.