josh6113
Participant
@josh6113

First im new here and really love tat’s…..it’s a beauitful artform…..first up is a custom tribal piece I just had done on 6-26-2011

DSC02677.jpg

second is a fairly new custom cross on my leg

DSC02185.jpg

I would love your thoughts…:)

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

As far as tribal goes, and maybe it’s the image, but all the lines look wonky? Uneven in places and a bit rough.

The bottom bit looks like some kanji symbol?

Amok
Participant
@amok

You won’t get much love for tribal tattoos on these forums, and for good reason. Most tribal is bad with some few exceptions.

As long as you like it, that’s all that matters.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

I love that you’re stating that all of this is “custom”.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It’s tribal and it’s done poorly. The cross is also done poorly. Are you getting this done at a shop? If so it’s time to find a new one.

josh6113
Participant
@josh6113

Yea a friend is doing this work…things need touched up for sure but thanks for the reply….:-) ….the work was done at home not a shop

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
josh6113;89687 wrote:
Yea a friend is doing this work…things need touched up for sure but thanks for the reply….:-) ….the work was done at home not a shop

give your friend a slap ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

If I was doing that kind of work, I sure as hell wouldn’t let you post it on a forum. We all love ink, man, and kudos for giving your friend some practice, but you should never have let him do stuff that size on you. You’re gonna regret that later, and there’s no covering that mess.

josh6113
Participant
@josh6113
Dave Van;89704 wrote:
If I was doing that kind of work, I sure as hell wouldn’t let you post it on a forum. We all love ink, man, and kudos for giving your friend some practice, but you should never have let him do stuff that size on you. You’re gonna regret that later, and there’s no covering that mess.

I don’t regret it at all….I love the arm piece…but once it heals sure some lines will need too be fixed and maybe some fine fill in here and there but that won’t be hard….and I’ll have that done by a legit artist…:-) thx for your opinions…:-) INK ON!…:-)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Line work is very shaky. The cross looks like flash. The tribal .. well, it looks like any other tribal. But as long as you’re happy …

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

The tribal can be easily cleaned up. It’s only black lines. I’ve seen some incredible cover-ups and addition work to existing tribal.

You should tell your friend to go see the local butcher and get some pig skins. They are cheap, and great for practice. I was doing about 30 – 40 hours a week on pig skin and was able to get those practice hours up before I permanently marked anyone.

On the flip side, I’ve see a lot of horrible tats come out of studios.

josh6113
Participant
@josh6113
Kaleoz;89728 wrote:
The tribal can be easily cleaned up. It’s only black lines. I’ve seen some incredible cover-ups and addition work to existing tribal.

You should tell your friend to go see the local butcher and get some pig skins. They are cheap, and great for practice. I was doing about 30 – 40 hours a week on pig skin and was able to get those practice hours up before I permanently marked anyone.

On the flip side, I’ve see a lot of horrible tats come out of studios.

That’s good advice..thx I’ll tell him…he has done some great tat’s but not many big tribal pieces….we were having trouble with his gun on my tribal piece…but like you said it’s easily fixable….I think it looks good for the most part…:-)

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
josh6113;89729 wrote:
That’s good advice..thx I’ll tell him…he has done some great tat’s but not many big tribal pieces….we were having trouble with his gun on my tribal piece…but like you said it’s easily fixable….I think it looks good for the most part…:-)

Well, there’s your problem…. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Scratchers use “guns”
Tattoo artists use tattoo machines.

๐Ÿ˜€

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Some people deserve the ink they get.

Adler
Participant
@adler
imperial1904;89730 wrote:
Well, there’s your problem…. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Scratchers use “guns”
Tattoo artists use tattoo machines.

๐Ÿ˜€

That about sums it up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.