Joker1
Participant
@joker1
eatatjerms;55968 wrote:
I went in for some shading yesterday and could only take about an hour. He used a 9 to fill in a lot of the black. IT HURTS LIKE HELL RIGHT NOW. LOL I usually take the pain easily, but with so much in one area I can barely move my arm without it burning.

I know what you mean, did about a half hour of outlining a voodoo-doll on my in-progress sleeve, and 3 1/2 hours of shading, and my arm was one swollen mofo (still is, but has gone done a little bit). Shading has got a nasty sting to it one you get a few hours into it!

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

I’m still a little swollen. I’m used to seeing my right arm just a tad larger than the left. It’s just now starting to even out. The pain has subsided a lot and it’s starting to dry and scab.

I wish I could afford to sit for enough hours to finish all of the shading. Right now it looks pretty strange and kind of like he just took a Sharpie to it. I have to admit it looks a lot better now that he almost completely covered the celtic knot and the stars that were there originally, but it just looks like a black forearm with skin colored holes here and there. Ha! With what he’s covered thus far I’m thinking at least another 3 hours just for the majority of the black, at least an hour for the black touch up, and who knows how long for the color.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

My whole arm is going to be brightly coloured, with the minimum amount of skin untattooed. Looking at my arm, we’ve got what looks to be at least 25 hours of work to go still, at the rate we’re moving along.
Enjoy the journey of your arm turning into an awesome piece of art 😉

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
eatatjerms;56024 wrote:
I wonder if my artist has seen that. LOL! The stars are very similar, almost exactly the same.
Thanks for the pictures. I’m going to send them to him now.
*edit That’s very nice btw.

No probs, glad I could help.
It’s things like those that could tempt me into going full sleeve… but I am far too chicken to go for that!

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms
Joker1;56034 wrote:
My whole arm is going to be brightly coloured, with the minimum amount of skin untattooed. Looking at my arm, we’ve got what looks to be at least 25 hours of work to go still, at the rate we’re moving along.
Enjoy the journey of your arm turning into an awesome piece of art 😉

Same to you. It’s a process for sure.

Asenath83;56035 wrote:
No probs, glad I could help.
It’s things like those that could tempt me into going full sleeve… but I am far too chicken to go for that!

Bawk bawk bawk.. JK Chicken for pain or just the fact that your whole arm would be covered?

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

You should have gotten a black hole in there somewhere! Can’t wait to see it finished.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
eatatjerms;56037 wrote:
Bawk bawk bawk.. JK Chicken for pain or just the fact that your whole arm would be covered?

From my back tattoo I know that I would probably not be able to stand much more than 2 hours each session. That would make it take AGES.

Also I feel a full sleeve needs to be shown off in its full glory… I’d end up keeping it half-covered all the time given my clothing style, and that would be a shame.
That’s why I am very happy with my fishie as it is now. It can be fully covered very easily if needed and I don’t have to go backless to show it.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms
The Mighty Ming;56042 wrote:
You should have gotten a black hole in there somewhere! Can’t wait to see it finished.

Damn! That would have been really cool.

Asenath83;56044 wrote:
From my back tattoo I know that I would probably not be able to stand much more than 2 hours each session. That would make it take AGES.

Also I feel a full sleeve needs to be shown off in its full glory… I’d end up keeping it half-covered all the time given my clothing style, and that would be a shame.
That’s why I am very happy with my fishie as it is now. It can be fully covered very easily if needed and I don’t have to go backless to show it.

Looks as though from here on out I’m going to have to do it in two hour or less sessions. I really can’t afford that much, but hopefully I’ll be able to go at least every two weeks.

I’m not one for sleeveless shirts either, but maybe I’ll spend a lot of time at the beach with lots of sunscreen. 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar
eatatjerms;56045 wrote:
maybe I’ll spend a lot of time at the beach with lots of sunscreen. 😀

Alas, you’ll probably have to put that arm in a heavy cloth sleeve to protect the ink sleeve from the bad bad sun 🙁

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
eatatjerms;56045 wrote:
Damn! That would have been really cool.

Looks as though from here on out I’m going to have to do it in two hour or less sessions. I really can’t afford that much, but hopefully I’ll be able to go at least every two weeks.

I’m not one for sleeveless shirts either, but maybe I’ll spend a lot of time at the beach with lots of sunscreen. 😀

Nothing wrong with only doing 2hr sessions. On my arms we go normally 2-3hrs each session. And I wait about 4wks between sessions to make sure its fully healed

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
Bdubbs;56089 wrote:
Nothing wrong with only doing 2hr sessions. On my arms we go normally 2-3hrs each session. And I wait about 4wks between sessions to make sure its fully healed

Hey, me too 🙂
I do 4 hour sessions once a month (he’s usually booked out for a month). Gives plenty of time for healing, I’d rather go once every three weeks though.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
Joker1;56111 wrote:
Hey, me too 🙂
I do 4 hour sessions once a month (he’s usually booked out for a month). Gives plenty of time for healing, I’d rather go once every three weeks though.

I hear ya, my artist gets booked out for about 6 months! So I set up multiple appointments, I have one every month through april!

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

I got about two hours worth of the black filled in on my forearms. Didn’t know black would fade this much. Hopefully going to finish all the black next week. I’ll post some pictures when I do. It looks funky now with the cover-ups, but I’m really starting to love it.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

oh very neat

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
eatatjerms;57580 wrote:
I got about two hours worth of the black filled in on my forearms. Didn’t know black would fade this much. Hopefully going to finish all the black next week. I’ll post some pictures when I do. It looks funky now with the cover-ups, but I’m really starting to love it.

Yeah black seems to lighten up a bit once its healed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.