Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
      @mistress_of_pain

Lately, with the work being done to my Life After Death sleeve coming quickly to a close, I’ve been thinking of what I want my next tattoo to be and where I want to put it. I’ve got plenty of real estate left of course with only having two half sleeves and a tattoo on both of my calves. While thinking about placement for future ideas, I’ve been noticing I’m a bit self conscious when it comes to certain areas of my body. I’m not exactly skinny. I’ve got curves, though I’ve really grown to hate my thighs and stomach area (the more common problem areas for us women!). I would love to get tattoos down my sides, on my thighs and all of those places problem places but I’m afraid people won’t see them because I don’t show those areas much if at all. Am I wrong for feeling this way? All of my other tattoos have made me feel better about myself in some way but when I think about my future tattoos and possible areas of placement I get self conscious. Maybe I’m just being weird over it all considering I’ve got plenty of other places to tattoo. Just throwing my little rant into the mix here..

“I know I was born, and I know i’ll die. The In between is Mine.”
    Follow my blog: http://boundbyink13.wordpress.com/
    Sam-I-Am
    Participant
      @sam-i-am

When you decide on the tattoos you want, a good tattoo artist will work with you to make the tattoos accent your body and make you proud of it.

210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
      @jerryatrophy

I feel exactly the same as you do.
    I’m a big guy and I can’t bring myself to even think about torso work. In the back of my mind I think….”one day I’ll get rid of the baggage” and if I have work done now it’ll move or shrink or something. Honestly I have no earthly idea what a tattoo on my stomach would look like if I lost a hundred pounds. Maybe it would still be OK….who knows?

Amok
    Participant
      @amok

Us guys get self conscious too. The only way I’ve found to keep weight off and be happy with my looks is regular exercise and good diet. Easier said than done but if you do it regularly you’re likely to keep doing it. And once its habit its pretty easy to continue. Not that you were asking but thought I’d throw my 2c in there.

Instagram: pacsyd
    GrayCatLove
    Participant
      @graycatlove

You know, what other people think about you is none of your business. That said, all that matters is how you feel. Genetically speaking, you were dealt a certain deck of cards. How you choose to embrace that is your choice.

I’ve dealt with areas of my body with plastic surgery, chemical peels, and tattooing. It works for me, but no matter how the luggage looks, it’s the same old baggage inside.

As far as “what kind of tattoos,” I like traditionally feminine tattoos on curvier girls. I think the boldness and bloodiness along with the feminine nature of your sleeves make them perfect for your arms, but I wouldn’t want to see them on Megan Fox. Just my opinion. You yourself said you have faith in your current artist, so take your ideas and realize them. Tattoos are more permanent, but they’re like clothes: Tattoo the body you have now. Don’t wait in the shadows until you’re a size 4. You are too young, too pretty, and too full of life not to live it up before you have live down that you let life pass you by.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
      @sam-i-am

@Amok 134619 wrote:

Us guys get self conscious too. The only way I’ve found to keep weight off and be happy with my looks is regular exercise and good diet. Easier said than done but if you do it regularly you’re likely to keep doing it. And once its habit its pretty easy to continue. Not that you were asking but thought I’d throw my 2c in there.

I’m built like Mr. Potato Head. I lost 25 pounds last year and gained it back over the winter. Working on losing it a second time.

210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

peterpoose
    Participant
      @peterpoose

Is it important to you for others to see your tattoos? For me its not 🙂

A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
    GrayCatLove
    Participant
      @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 134624 wrote:

I’m built like Mr. Potato Head. I lost 25 pounds last year and gained it back over the winter. Working on losing it a second time.

Shame, shame, shame on you, Mr. Yo-Yo Dieter. :p

It really comes down to genetics. How you were raised has an impact, as do eating and exercise habits, but I think that “drive to eat” gene plays a huge role. My dad and I both hate to eat at work. We’ll drink sodas and eat candy some days, but getting us to go to the cafeteria is hard, or pack a meal.

Another thing that really can hurt women in terms of excess weight is choice of birth control. I found I gained almost ten percent of my body weight after having a birth control implant put in. It was a struggle to lose half of it, and when I had it removed, I literally have peed out all but three lbs. of it. Decreasing testosterone has an impact on men’s weight, too.

@peterpoose 134625 wrote:

Is it important to you for others to see your tattoos? For me its not 🙂

For me, it’s important they’re hidden in some situations! :p

I’m not getting a back piece until