#131140
Wardy
Participant
@wardy

They usually have email adresse’s on there facebook page etc.

#131141
Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

Aright last question I know I was told anyone there could handle it but any artist suggestions for this particular job?

#131142
Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Synyster Ink ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

#131145
buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Here read this http://black13tattoo.com/faq/

As for who to do it anyone there will be perfectly competent to do it. I really like Marty’s work. I’ve met Josh,Timmy B, Ryan and Amanda all are real chill.

#131146
anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Bribrihate;118176 wrote:
How do I go about contacting these guys and showing them pics of what I want corrected/setting up an appointment, etc.

Email and phone number listed in the header of their website

#131147
Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

Alright guys, I emailed Black 13 with a picture of my tattoo and asked about getting it reworked to my satisfaction. Hope to hear back from them soon with good news. Thanks to everyone who helped point me in the right direction! If this works out and they rework it I’ll post before and after photos.

#131160
Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

Just got an email back….

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the email.
I spoke to one our artists and he said that he could go in and tidy up a
few things and make it look as best as he can.
Jon estimated about $100 to make this happen.

Give the shop a call and we can get you scheduled.

Thanks,
Brittany

To me that sounds like “we can’t make it look much better, but we’ll gladly take your money and do what little we can”. I specifically asked if certain things could be fixed and didn’t get a clear answer on any of it. What do I do now? Email AGAIN and ask them to be more clear with their answer? I don’t want to be annoying. I even asked if they had any ideas on how to cover the green spot and that was ignored as well. I thought the artists would be the ones responding to the emails, being specific with you on what they could do. Frustrated. Suggestions?

#131161
Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

Just really not sure why their website says to be as specific as possible if they aren’t going to be specific back. When they say they can tidy a few things up that sounds like a touch up, but I thought I made it obvious I wanted the entire thing redone. Do you think they caught that and that I’m the one misunderstanding them?

#131162
yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Bribrihate;118200 wrote:
Just got an email back….

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the email.
I spoke to one our artists and he said that he could go in and tidy up a
few things and make it look as best as he can.
Jon estimated about $100 to make this happen.

Give the shop a call and we can get you scheduled.

Thanks,
Brittany

To me that sounds like “we can’t make it look much better, but we’ll gladly take your money and do what little we can”. I specifically asked if certain things could be fixed and didn’t get a clear answer on any of it. What do I do now? Email AGAIN and ask them to be more clear with their answer? I don’t want to be annoying. I even asked if they had any ideas on how to cover the green spot and that was ignored as well. I thought the artists would be the ones responding to the emails, being specific with you on what they could do. Frustrated. Suggestions?

dude just trust them they are a highly respected shop. just be glad you got such a quick response. they are not going to give you a concrete answer until they see it in person. i would jump on the opportunity if i were you. good luck.

#131165
Amok
Participant
@amok

What yodaddy said. Maybe take in another tattoo of rocko that you want it to look like.

#131166
Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate
Amok;118205 wrote:
What yodaddy said. Maybe take in another tattoo of rocko that you want it to look like.

Well ahead of you, sent that in the email. Basically, can you make this (pic of my tattoo) look like this (tattoo of how I want it) and that’s the response I got. I was hoping for a solid yes. Guess I was being too optimistic. Will def get this done at some point though, it’s worth a shot.

#131167
buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Definitely go for it. Bring lots of extra money because you may want some more work while your their.
I was unfamiliar with Jons work so I went took a look not bad at all trust him.

7161216058_4febb57b3f_z.jpg

#131172
peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
buttwheat;118210 wrote:
Definitely go for it. Bring lots of extra money because you may want some more work while your their.
I was unfamiliar with Jons work so I went took a look not bad at all trust him.

7161216058_4febb57b3f_z.jpg

Oh wow, really like that piece!

#131212
istunn
Participant
@istunn
Bribrihate;118206 wrote:
Well ahead of you, sent that in the email. Basically, can you make this (pic of my tattoo) look like this (tattoo of how I want it) and that’s the response I got. I was hoping for a solid yes. Guess I was being too optimistic. Will def get this done at some point though, it’s worth a shot.

If those guys said the shop is legit, it will be. Most shops will give you a lot more time when you walk in there. I know it’s a bit of a drive for you but in the long run, it will be worth it. I am flying from Dallas to Cali to get mine done. I know finances can limit you but you can save up. It’s something that will on you the rest of your life so take the time and do it right.

#144979
Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

@buttwheat 118100 wrote:

BBECF0B4.jpg

To the OP this is done very poorly. Do not go back to the same tattooist no matter if it is free. Find a much better tattooist and have them fix it.

Just wanted to update this story. I ended up going back to the same shop to get it redone (by a different guy). The guy who did it was no longer working there and apparently a lot of people he did tattoos on were coming back for touch ups because he doesn’t put the ink in deep enough. It’s still not a good tattoo, but it’s certainly an improvement (at least IMO) and I can live with it. He did some shading on the neck to hide the green spot, and put some on the tail too so it wasn’t obvious he just did it in that one spot to hide an error. The pupils in the eyes are the same size now. The coloring in the shirt isn’t super splotchy, and the lines look cleaner to me now.

null_zpsab64ecd6.jpg

Like I said, I know it’s not a good tattoo so please don’t rip me a new asshole telling me how bad it sucks. Just wondering of you guys think it looks better than pictured above?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.