Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

Also buttwheat, do you think the tattoo is savable, or cover up fodder?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The line work is real bad there are start and stop points everywhere there isn’t a smooth clean line on it.

It is probably salvageable by a good artist but they will need to rework the whole thing.
Did you look at the tattooist portfolio or did you just get who was available?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

also the coloring in the shirt is splotchy.

Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

I asked for a particular artist who I knew was good, but was told by a friend apprenticing at the shop that anyone there could take care of it no problem. Unfortunately I trusted him and wound up with a tattoo I’m not satisfied with.

I plan to go back this weekend. The artist who did it is no longer there (gee I wonder why), but was told Chris is doing touch ups for the guy who left. Chris still isnt the best artist there. What do I do about this, do I insist on getting the artist I want?

What goes into reworking a tattoo and how will the green spot be taken care of? That’s what I’m most concerned about.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I wouldn’t set foot into a shop that was turning out work like that. Find a REAL shop. Where do you live and are you willing to travel? Maybe we can help you find a good shop or artist.

Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

I live in Madisonville, KY. Willing to travel up to 3 hours. The shop I went to is called Mainstream Body Art and apparently, the best one in town. There’s an artist there named Jack Hinton who everyone says is super good. I may try to get him to do it.

Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

But suggestions are welcome. Anywhere a 3 hour radius from here. If you know of any in Nashville or Evansville, IN that would be a help.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Bribrihate;118110 wrote:
What goes into reworking a tattoo and how will the green spot be taken care of? That’s what I’m most concerned about.

Truly that green spot is the least of your worries with that tattoo. They will darken and thicken the lines and re color the tattoo and will find a creative way to deal with the green spot.

Do not step foot into that place again ! Try Black 13http://black13tattoo.com/ Josh and Timmy won’t touch that but everyone there is a very competent artist to handle that.

Oh and thanks for not getting all butt hurt and run off when everyone tells you your tattoo sucks.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Bribrihate;118114 wrote:
I live in Madisonville, KY. Willing to travel up to 3 hours. The shop I went to is called Mainstream Body Art and apparently, the best one in town. There’s an artist there named Jack Hinton who everyone says is super good. I may try to get him to do it.

Check out Studio Ink in Danville. I’ll second the vote for Black 13 as well.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
buttwheat;118100 wrote:
BBECF0B4.jpg

To the OP this is done very poorly. Do not go back to the same tattooist no matter if it is free. Find a much better tattooist and have them fix it.

Thanks!

And I second the fact that you took the criticism like a man 🙂

Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate

Well I did come here complaining about it, so I see nothing wrong with other people pointing out other things that make it a bad tattoo. I just want to get it fixed and make it look nice but I’m afraid I won’t like it even after getting it worked on by a better artist.

Where is black 13 located?

Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate
buttwheat;118119 wrote:
Truly that green spot is the least of your worries with that tattoo. They will darken and thicken the lines and re color the tattoo and will find a creative way to deal with the green spot.

Do not step foot into that place again ! Try Black 13http://black13tattoo.com/ Josh and Timmy won’t touch that but everyone there is a very competent artist to handle that.

Oh and thanks for not getting all butt hurt and run off when everyone tells you your tattoo sucks.

I assume josh and Timmy are the best artists there? Why wouldn’t they touch it? If I’m going to get it reworked I want it to be by someone more than competent, especially if I’m making a 2.5 hour trip to do it, ya know? What’s a good way to get ahold of one of those guys, show them pics of it and how I WANT it to look and set up an appointment?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Bribrihate;118133 wrote:
Where is black 13 located?

Nashville.

Bribrihate;118134 wrote:
I assume josh and Timmy are the best artists there? Why wouldn’t they touch it? If I’m going to get it reworked I want it to be by someone more than competent, especially if I’m making a 2.5 hour trip to do it, ya know? What’s a good way to get ahold of one of those guys, show them pics of it and how I WANT it to look and set up an appointment?

They wouldn’t touch it b/c they are world class artists who have the luxury of choosing the projects they want to work on. Lesser-known artists, however, are more inclined to take on re-works and such b/c they need to in order to put food on the table, not to mention that it helps them gain experience. Regardless, Timmy B isn’t taking any new appointments as he’s booked up until the day he leaves the shop (he’s moving to NY). Anyone at Black 13 can do a nice re-work for you though anyway.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
D3FiANC3;118140 wrote:
Nashville.

They wouldn’t touch it b/c they are world class artists who have the luxury of choosing the projects they want to work on. Lesser-known artists, however, are more inclined to take on re-works and such b/c they need to in order to put food on the table, not to mention that it helps them gain experience. Regardless, Timmy B isn’t taking any new appointments as he’s booked up until the day he leaves the shop (he’s moving to NY). Anyone at Black 13 can do a nice re-work for you though anyway.

What he said.

Bribrihate
Participant
@bribrihate
buttwheat;118146 wrote:
What he said.

How do I go about contacting these guys and showing them pics of what I want corrected/setting up an appointment, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.