Johnny.C
Participant
@johnny-c

Helly everybody,

did some of you ever experienced muscle pain after getting a tattoo? I’ve got new one on the forearm and around my hand and I get intense pain when I get a bloodrush into the hand (when grabing something from the fround for example) and in general when I move the hand, I can feel the muscles hurt alot.

Lemzip
Participant
@lemzip

yep

Mine ache’d or had a shooting pain now and again for a few weeks. Will soon clear up and stop hurting after 4 weeks for me it stopped happening so often and now dont even know its there!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Yeah it’s normal.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Sounds like you got the AIDS sorry man

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

Oh yeah…my tattoos always feel bruised afterwards. Nothing to worry about.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Yep. The guy who did my ankle tat was one heavy-handed mofo. My calf muscles were sore for weeks.

Johnny.C
Participant
@johnny-c
buttwheat;104401 wrote:
Sounds like you got the AIDS sorry man

Thanks, that’s what I was going for.

Anyway, thanks for the responses, I was just really surprised when I couln’t stretch my arm and it hurt even when I was typing. Thanks again

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

My calf muscle did not hurt after the tattoo, but I do get a really weird pain and/or intense pricking kind of itch and my tattoo turns all red and sometimes I get a few small red bumps. (my tattoo is almost a year old now) It can get really really intense, like I’d like to saw off my leg. I think it may be that I have some sort of allergy to the ink perhaps. Also, sometimes when I’m running, I will get a strange sensation around the tattoo and sometimes it turns into the intense itch I described above. Really strange. :confused:

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
msmercury;104411 wrote:
My calf muscle did not hurt after the tattoo, but I do get a really weird pain and/or intense pricking kind of itch and my tattoo turns all red and sometimes I get a few small red bumps. (my tattoo is almost a year old now) It can get really really intense, like I’d like to saw off my leg. I think it may be that I have some sort of allergy to the ink perhaps. Also, sometimes when I’m running, I will get a strange sensation around the tattoo and sometimes it turns into the intense itch I described above. Really strange. :confused:

Allergy for sure. What color(s) ink?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
D3FiANC3;104423 wrote:
Allergy for sure. What color(s) ink?

Black and just the tiniest bit of white.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

normal, sometimes you hurt from position, sometimes from alot of work, swelling can be painful too, its all normal,

bluey
Participant
@bluey

if you are not used to getting tattooed (every couple of weeks) it can be also caused by tensing up, or those wimps like me,who never really learn how to relax in the tattooists chair (dentists chair is worse, even for a check up).

Tutu
Participant
@tutu

Hey!
I have muscle pain, and it’s been like 6 months! It’s on my leg, it has colour and it’s the size of a full grown Koi fish in real life, so it’s big :). The pain doesn’t kill me and is not there all the time, but sometimes it is. I had no idea! I have other tattoos and they don’t hurt. Weird hu?
It feels like when you work out a lot and then you get muscle pain because of too much exercise. You know what I mean?
But it does feels good when I stretch that muscle. Is like if it were stressed because of the tattoo, but after 6 months really?:confused:

@Johnny.C 104379 wrote:

Helly everybody,

did some of you ever experienced muscle pain after getting a tattoo? I’ve got new one on the forearm and around my hand and I get intense pain when I get a bloodrush into the hand (when grabing something from the fround for example) and in general when I move the hand, I can feel the muscles hurt alot.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

@Tutu 144156 wrote:

Hey!
I have muscle pain, and it’s been like 6 months! It’s on my leg, it has colour and it’s the size of a full grown Koi fish in real life, so it’s big :). The pain doesn’t kill me and is not there all the time, but sometimes it is. I had no idea! I have other tattoos and they don’t hurt. Weird hu?
It feels like when you work out a lot and then you get muscle pain because of too much exercise. You know what I mean?
But it does feels good when I stretch that muscle. Is like if it were stressed because of the tattoo, but after 6 months really?:confused:

I would get to a doctor and get professional advice

if your muscle is hurting under a tattoo after 6 months i would be a bit more concerned than maybe a few weeks

could be some sort of reaction or any other number of things.

But get yourself booked in to discuss it as it might be some simple excerices could fix it

did you work out at all before? or do you not work out at all which is why it is noticeable?

babyjane_x
Participant
@babyjane_x

I came here to ask the same thing. I literally can’t put weight on my leg after getting the side of my calf/shin tattooed. It’s agony. If I put my leg in the air then put it straight down the pain is not there but If my leg is just hanging towards the ground (like any normal person has their leg) it really hurts. I got it done Saturday and have plenty of other tattoos but I’ve never had pain like this before and the tattoo isn’t even finished I’ve still got about another 4 hours to endure. I’ve got pretty sensitive skins and it’s my first tattoo from this artist do you think it could be his technique that’s made my muscle like this or is my body just hating me all the more at the moment? Help please! �� hurts so bad!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.