anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Sherav;85944 wrote:
Don’t worry about it you will pass out after 30 mins of screaming or so and the rest can be put on whilst you are unconcious 😀

lol

suth26;86087 wrote:
I’m planning on getting my first tattoo shortly, the advice that I received from someone was to bring your iPod and just listen to music loudly so you don’t hear the machine. Supposedly it helps to not think about it…

I suppose if the sound of the machine bothers you, then sure. I hate the sound of the dentist’s drill, but I’m not bothered by the tat gun as it doesn’t have that same high-pitched whine.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
suth26;86087 wrote:
I’m planning on getting my first tattoo shortly, the advice that I received from someone was to bring your iPod and just listen to music loudly so you don’t hear the machine. Supposedly it helps to not think about it…

Durrr, isn’t it better to have somewhat contact with your artist while he’s working on you?
It’s on my chest, so we’ll be face to face for hours. (Or face to scalp.)

As long as the machine doesn’t sound like a chainsaw, I’m alright with it. 😉

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

How much time do you think it will take to finish this tattoo?
It’s going to have colors.

Adding a updated picture, with thinner lines so it’s easier to see how it’ll turn out. (It’s a bit crooked.)
2011-05-0618-09-21468.jpg

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

The best way I’ve ever heard someone describe the feeling:

It feels like getting slowly cut with a razor blade while hot water runs over it. You’ll be fine. I’d say don’t psyche yourself out, but I think it’s better to be over prepared than under prepared.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
maniacthw;86203 wrote:
The best way I’ve ever heard someone describe the feeling:

It feels like getting slowly cut with a razor blade while hot water runs over it. You’ll be fine. I’d say don’t psyche yourself out, but I think it’s better to be over prepared than under prepared.

I’ve been cut with a razor on several occasions. I can’t say that I see (or feel) the similarity.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
D3FiANC3;86205 wrote:
I’ve been cut with a razor on several occasions. I can’t say that I see (or feel) the similarity.

Different for everyone. People have given some crazy ass similarities.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Got to love then razors. 😀

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

So, I’ve spoken with my artist again. I live around 2 hours away with train, so he will make some sketches out from my ideas, and send them to me on email/phone so we can plan how it should look.
And I’ve got a whole day (11-19) for doing this now. 18th May, a wednesday!

I’ll throw in two of my latest sketches which I’m most happy with. (in a minute, need to get them from downstairs)

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

First

2011-05-0618-09-21468.jpg

With filler. (later)
2011-05-0717-44-44234.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Holy hell that bottom one is crowded.

Adler
Participant
@adler
ArniVidar;86479 wrote:
Holy hell that bottom one is crowded.

I was thinking the same thing.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Oh yes. I used a too thick pen for the web, and I sketched on ‘bigger’ wings and some other few things to get it right, or to see how it would look.
So that one is a mess, but gives me some idea how to fill it. I’m not an artist, so it’s just for ideas.

I recieved a sketch from the artist now!
IMAG0296.jpg

Tribalwarrior
Participant
@tribalwarrior

That tat has way too much going on, bro. There is no central focus to it. It looks like someone shot you in the chest. What the heck is it supposed to be? Not trying to bring you down, but this one could be a tattoo regret piece.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
Tribalwarrior;86529 wrote:
That tat has way too much going on, bro. There is no central focus to it. It looks like someone shot you in the chest. What the heck is it supposed to be? Not trying to bring you down, but this one could be a tattoo regret piece.

3 things, too much? rose, heart ,wings?

Well, it’s true thait might look like I’ve been shot in the chest, because the ‘heart’ is showing. “Ha-ha-ha”.

Depending on the space, the rose will be right below my throat, and then the heart will be closer down to my sternum.
So it will look more spread. But not as spread as the sketches I added.

I’m a fan of old’school pieces and the idea of not having one big picture, but more different pieces to build the tattoo.
It’s hard to explain in english!

ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

I think they mean all that webbing or what ever it is thats all around it in the 2nd pic. Also you have wierd nipples dont you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.