BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Hi, first thread on this forum (which I had no idea existed before).

I’m going to have my first tattoo im May, and I’m pretty much going up the steepest hill first.
It’s going to be a chestpiece, but first containing two bits, and later build it with more and in the end have
gaps filled with spiderweb when I’m done putting in more bits. (more rose pieces) All in all, it will be composed in a up-side-down triangle shape.
A rose between on top of the sternum, and under a heart with wings with some glow going up to the rose.

I have no doubt that it will hurt… But any tattoo will hurt, some more, some less, so is it complete insane going for something that’s a bit more… ‘intense’?

I’ve found a pretty good artist which got 12 years experience and have done most old’school pieces.
I also made a sketch of how it could look like, but it’s up to the artist to make his own touches on it.

Do you think I’m prepared enough for this? or will this ship sink as fast as Blรผcher? Do you think my idea is all wrong?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

nobody can say dude different people have different pain thresholds i for one find getting tattoo’s relaxing and love the process.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
WardyInk;85875 wrote:
nobody can say dude different people have different pain thresholds i for one find getting tattoo’s relaxing and love the process.

Yeah, that’s a bit hard to predict I guess. But I know that I’m not a screamer, so that’s a good start eyh?

Uhm, what can you compare the tattoo-process with?

The closest thing I’ve been needles, is my 7 facial piercings… I kind of loved the ‘feeling’ when they ‘stabbed’ the needle in. But that’s just one huge stab, not thousands of small stings.
(And I don’t have 7 piercings in my face all together, only 2 now.)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
BertNaked;85876 wrote:
Yeah, that’s a bit hard to predict I guess. But I know that I’m not a screamer, so that’s a good start eyh?

Uhm, what can you compare the tattoo-process with?

The closest thing I’ve been needles, is my 7 facial piercings… I kind of loved the ‘feeling’ when they ‘stabbed’ the needle in. But that’s just one huge stab, not thousands of small stings.
(And I don’t have 7 piercings in my face all together, only 2 now.)

As WardyInk said, people have different thresholds for pain. People also have different thresholds for different types of pain. Also, some artists are more heavy-handed than others.

The piece on my ankle took 20 minutes and was done by a very heavy-handed artists. That f**er hurt like hell in certain spots (mainly in the areas near the ankle and shin bones) and I wouldn’t look forward to half a day of that. I’m also only about 14% body fat so I don’t have a lot of meat in that area. I got a piece on my upper arm that took 7 hours and I literally almost dozed off while he was doing it. Aside form my arm falling asleep, I could have sat there for another 7 hours w/ no problem.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
D3FiANC3;85877 wrote:
As WardyInk said, people have different thresholds for pain. People also have different thresholds for different types of pain. Also, some artists are more heavy-handed than others.

The piece on my ankle took 20 minutes and was done by a very heavy-handed artists. That f**er hurt like hell in certain spots (mainly in the areas near the ankle and shin bones) and I wouldn’t look forward to half a day of that. I’m also only about 14% body fat so I don’t have a lot of meat in that area. I got a piece on my upper arm that took 7 hours and I literally almost dozed off while he was doing it. Aside form my arm falling asleep, I could have sat there for another 7 hours w/ no problem.

So, I’d better start feasting hard on those spareribs to reach 20%. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thanks for the heads up, it really helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I had my chest done over 20 years – some spots are painful but all in all its not too bad

(unlike the Ribs!)

You will be fine!

Pics when you heal! ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar
BertNaked;85874 wrote:
Do you think my idea is all wrong?

Care to share the sketch?

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I can kinda picture it in my head by a sketch would def help! ๐Ÿ˜‰

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Sure! Here it is.
2011-04-2919-08-08664.jpg

I’m skinnier than what the sketch-body assumes.
So the plan is to have the heart further down, and wings going more up. And a do want an eye in the middle of the heart.
Also, I’ve just added some more on the wings in a hurry, just to remind myself on that they’re supposed to build more up + they doesn’t look any good on the sketch because
I want the artist to use his own style when making them.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Its gonna hurt but its not the worst (like ribs or tops of feet)

Then again they all hurt ๐Ÿ˜€

You will be just fine !

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

I’m going for a full chest peice for my first tattoo aswell. The pain is going to be something that is insignificant to the result. Go big or go home eh?

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
TheShepherd;85940 wrote:
..Go big or go home eh?

You are correct sir. ๐Ÿ˜€

Aussie_Al: Let’s hope my body agrees to that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Don’t worry about it you will pass out after 30 mins of screaming or so and the rest can be put on whilst you are unconcious ๐Ÿ˜€

I am only messing it will hurt but you will get through it and can always chop it up into 3 hour sessions – nobody says you have to do marathon sessions unless it is a visiting artist or very long way to travel.

Good luck and post pics

Matthew

bboarder06
Participant
@bboarder06

My first was my chestpiece. You’ll be fine. Break it up into 3-4 sessions if it hurts more than expected.

suth26
@

I’m planning on getting my first tattoo shortly, the advice that I received from someone was to bring your iPod and just listen to music loudly so you don’t hear the machine. Supposedly it helps to not think about it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.