#36462
BertNaked
Participant
    @bertnaked

Hi, first thread on this forum (which I had no idea existed before).

I’m going to have my first tattoo im May, and I’m pretty much going up the steepest hill first.
It’s going to be a chestpiece, but first containing two bits, and later build it with more and in the end have
gaps filled with spiderweb when I’m done putting in more bits. (more rose pieces) All in all, it will be composed in a up-side-down triangle shape.
A rose between on top of the sternum, and under a heart with wings with some glow going up to the rose.

I have no doubt that it will hurt… But any tattoo will hurt, some more, some less, so is it complete insane going for something that’s a bit more… ‘intense’?

I’ve found a pretty good artist which got 12 years experience and have done most old’school pieces.
I also made a sketch of how it could look like, but it’s up to the artist to make his own touches on it.

Do you think I’m prepared enough for this? or will this ship sink as fast as Blรผcher? Do you think my idea is all wrong?

#102791
Wardy
Participant
    @wardy

nobody can say dude different people have different pain thresholds i for one find getting tattoo’s relaxing and love the process.


Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?
#102792
BertNaked
Participant
    @bertnaked
WardyInk;85875 wrote:
nobody can say dude different people have different pain thresholds i for one find getting tattoo’s relaxing and love the process.

Yeah, that’s a bit hard to predict I guess. But I know that I’m not a screamer, so that’s a good start eyh?

Uhm, what can you compare the tattoo-process with?

The closest thing I’ve been needles, is my 7 facial piercings… I kind of loved the ‘feeling’ when they ‘stabbed’ the needle in. But that’s just one huge stab, not thousands of small stings.
(And I don’t have 7 piercings in my face all together, only 2 now.)

#102793
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous
BertNaked;85876 wrote:
Yeah, that’s a bit hard to predict I guess. But I know that I’m not a screamer, so that’s a good start eyh?

Uhm, what can you compare the tattoo-process with?

The closest thing I’ve been needles, is my 7 facial piercings… I kind of loved the ‘feeling’ when they ‘stabbed’ the needle in. But that’s just one huge stab, not thousands of small stings.
(And I don’t have 7 piercings in my face all together, only 2 now.)

As WardyInk said, people have different thresholds for pain. People also have different thresholds for different types of pain. Also, some artists are more heavy-handed than others.

The piece on my ankle took 20 minutes and was done by a very heavy-handed artists. That f**er hurt like hell in certain spots (mainly in the areas near the ankle and shin bones) and I wouldn’t look forward to half a day of that. I’m also only about 14% body fat so I don’t have a lot of meat in that area. I got a piece on my upper arm that took 7 hours and I literally almost dozed off while he was doing it. Aside form my arm falling asleep, I could have sat there for another 7 hours w/ no problem.

#102794
BertNaked
Participant
    @bertnaked
D3FiANC3;85877 wrote:
As WardyInk said, people have different thresholds for pain. People also have different thresholds for different types of pain. Also, some artists are more heavy-handed than others.

The piece on my ankle took 20 minutes and was done by a very heavy-handed artists. That f**er hurt like hell in certain spots (mainly in the areas near the ankle and shin bones) and I wouldn’t look forward to half a day of that. I’m also only about 14% body fat so I don’t have a lot of meat in that area. I got a piece on my upper arm that took 7 hours and I literally almost dozed off while he was doing it. Aside form my arm falling asleep, I could have sat there for another 7 hours w/ no problem.

So, I’d better start feasting hard on those spareribs to reach 20%. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thanks for the heads up, it really helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

#102796
Aussie_Al
Participant
    @aussie_al

I had my chest done over 20 years – some spots are painful but all in all its not too bad

(unlike the Ribs!)

You will be fine!

Pics when you heal! ๐Ÿ™‚


#102809